Page 643 of 828 FirstFirst ... 143543593633639640641642643644645646647653693743 ... LastLast
Results 9,631 to 9,645 of 12411
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post

Except for Shuri, who is apparently too 'jokey' to be a lead hero. Female heroes can't really win
    Dang! Didn't know that was a thing for Shuri.

The more I think on it, the more that take sucks. It feels like a "because she Black" "criticism". Black folks, especially and particularly Black women, do have the historic trapping of being denied their full humanity and personal personhood.

Shuri shouldn't be the lead because the character was created to be the jokey side kick little teenage sister who mocks tradition and hangs out in the lab all day Q type...

but for some reason, some of yall get offended by that and go to typical "you just don't want to see black females lead!" type thing....
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Shuri was my favorite character in The Black Panther movie. it would be great to see her as the lead!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    I agree Captain America is a more well thought out character in the MCU. But he never gets hit with 'Why doesn't he smile more' like Captain Marvel or the other MCU heroines.

Except for Shuri, who is apparently too 'jokey' to be a lead hero. Female heroes can't really win
    Shuri's character traits is a carbon copy of most lead male characters in the MCU and Darcy but would she work as a leader for Wakanda? I guess we will see.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Movie Shuri was not interested in being a queen or a superhero, at all. if they do kill off T'challa (which is a bad idea), I could see her becoming inspired to want to be a leader in his stead.

Mighty Member

After the "the long and storied cinematic saga" of T'challa, I think they've done "everything interesting with the character they possibly could". So maybe it's time to appeal to a fresh modern generation by giving Shuri the cat ears................Seriously, I found the Black Panther movie overrated, and even I think shelving the mantle's first bearer after just ONE fucking solo outing is kind of a dick (no pun intended) move.
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 11-02-2021 at 02:37 PM.

Artist/Writer

Since we are talking about DIVERSITY IN COMICS, I wanted to post about our new Kickstarter with an all-star diverse team of Creators!

A Stunning Black Vision and Voice in Comics
    SHARA MALISE - AFROFUTURISM NEXT HERO!

Miami Florida: Kieth C. Wade and Creature Entertainment today announced The Chronicles of Shara Malise, a new comic book created by an amazing cast of talent, led by the creator and writer, Keith C. Wade. The Chronicles of Shara Malise' or CSM is the gritty, thrilling action-packed story of the only female member of the New Senegalize Imperial Guard.
    Set 375 years in the future on the continent of Africa, Shara and her battalion are sent on what many say is a suicide mission, to find and destroy a demon terrorist group known as the Onyx. They couldn't have known that he would be waiting for them...the being called...The Pinnacle.

“It has been a great adventure seeing Kieth's book come to fruition, it is an amazing tale on par with any great epic!” says Juan Navarro, Editor-in-Cheif at CREATURE ENTERTAINMENT and owner of the Goblins Heist, “It's gonna be an amazing ride in 2022!”

The Kickstarter features a modest entryway ranging from digital comics to the printed book to rare variants, original art, and even a chance to get drawn into the comic!

The Chronicles of Shara Malise Kickstarter is going on right now, and is available starting now till November 15th! http://kck.st/3pcklp5

Hope you can enjoy it, but also let me know what you think going forward! Love to hear from you guys!

Michelle Wu is the first woman and the first woman of Color to become mayor of Boston! Major joy to her
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

A revered hermit in the Hinterlands of Africa, Dolores has allied herself with Heidern.
    Her psychic medium capabilities allow her to contact the spirits of the earth, and she uses holy soil to combat her foes. Apparently one of the many resurrected through Verse, Dolores may hold the key to its secret, however her connection to it remains a mystery.
    Fighting style /Sacred Earth Arts
    Birthdate /October 14
    Birthplace /Mali
    Blood type /AB
    Favorite food /Tajine
    https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/...rs_dolores.php

Isla is an extremely energetic graphic artist based in South America.
    Though she lives a life of solitude, she has developed a deep and trusting relationship with her phantom arms, Amanda. However, when push comes to shove, Isla is no joke as she uses Amanda and her spray cans to mix up whoever gets in her way. She has a bright and cheery personality, but for some reason, she seems to really have it out for Shun'ei.

Fighting style /Combo fighting with Amanda
    Birthdate /November 22
    Birthplace /Chile
    Blood type /A
    Favorite food /Chilenitos
    https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/...cters_isla.php

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Michelle Wu is the first woman and the first woman of Color to become mayor of Boston! Major joy to her
    and on the flip side

the CRT and covid scaring worked in Virginia, it flipped conservative.

They are going to use CRT to scare the "moderate" side of their base into voting. And it is going to work.

White Women - Non-College

VA 2020:

• 56% Trump

• 44% Biden

VA 2021:

• 75% Youngkin

• 25% McAuliffe

Also:

43% of voters said that the VA education system was "focusing too much on racism." A full 25% said "CRT" was the defining issue of their reason to vote.

https://apnews.com/article/virginia-...4526abc138a61a
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    and on the flip side

They are going to use CRT to scare the "moderate" side of their base into voting. And it is going to work.
    These are still the same suburbanites the Democrats are trying to win over. They really have to let go of their obsession with the suburbs.

BANNED

IMO (as a nerdy white boy who grew up loving the Panther when he was like Waldo in the background of Fantastic Four anniversary get-togethers, pre-Priest) I think they should ignore Shuri (as a new Panther) and focus on Danai Gurira/Okoye. Find a reason and give her the mantle. No anti-vax problematic media questions, no legitimate questions of her place as a bad-ass stepping into the mantle, and allows Shuri to focus on the tech angle. The Robin to her Batman.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Dang! Didn't know that was a thing for Shuri.

The more I think on it, the more that take sucks. It feels like a "because she Black" "criticism". Black folks, especially and particularly Black women, do have the historic trapping of being denied their full humanity and personal personhood.
    I can't be sure it's a racial thing but that wouldn't surprise me. She's basically what all those kinds of comments claim to want when they bash every other MCU heroine yet somehow she doesn't work.

Shuri shouldn't be the lead because the character was created to be the jokey side kick little teenage sister who mocks tradition and hangs out in the lab all day Q type...

but for some reason, some of yall get offended by that and go to typical "you just don't want to see black females lead!" type thing....
    I don't really buy this. I think it's entirely possible she could be the leader. Makes more sense than Nakia, who's basically the generic female protagonist everyone complains about

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Shuri's character traits is a carbon copy of most lead male characters in the MCU and Darcy but would she work as a leader for Wakanda? I guess we will see.
    'Carbon copy' implies all these male heroes are the same. Which they're not.

And why exactly can't a humorous female hero work as a leader? Isn't this kind of reaction why all the female heroes in the MCU are so 'serious' in the first place?

and on the flip side

What's interesting is that the new Lt. Governor of Virginia is the first Black woman to win a statewide office in Virginia's history (which is absurd for a "blue" state), and the new Attorney General is the first Latino to hold that office.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!