Page 644 of 828 FirstFirst ... 144544594634640641642643644645646647648654694744 ... LastLast
Results 9,646 to 9,660 of 12411

At this point I look forward more to the MCU Rocket than the MCU Shuri.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    These are still the same suburbanites the Democrats are trying to win over. They really have to let go of their obsession with the suburbs.
    I'm butchering the saying/quote but we should know quite a large number of Democratic leaning voters don't want to live near Black folks either. The last 20 years of major victories in the party have been swayed by Black voters yet the broader system was only built to recognize the majority. Hence efforts to court and retain their money still flow upward and not to the boots on the ground. The backs and legs of African Americans as a prop, has always been and looks to continue as a foundational block in this United States. Satiation trumps correction every time.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    At this point I look forward more to the MCU Rocket than the MCU Shuri.
    I have more interest in MCU Valkryie and Monica if you wanna stay WOC too lol

I'm butchering the saying/quote but we should know quite a large number of Democratic leaning voters don't want to live near Black folks either. The last 20 years of major victories in the party have been swayed by Black voters yet the broader system was only built to recognize the majority. Hence efforts to court and retain their money still flow upward and not to the boots on the ground. The backs and legs of African Americans as a prop, has always been and looks to continue as a foundational block in this United States. Satiation trumps correction every time.
    Dems need black vote and young vote to win.

So, every 4 years, they push to get them to vote by promising things they want.

When they win, that stuff is magically too hard to push through.

When they lose, they blame them for not showing up to the polls.

Rinse and repeat .
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Rinse and repeat .
    Before Biden got elected, I've never heard of the parliamentarian before. In addition to the suburbs, they also fantasize about bipartisanship. The republicans hate them, and they don't hide it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Before Biden got elected, I've never heard of the parliamentarian before. In addition to the suburbs, they also fantasize about bipartisanship. The republicans hate them, and they don't hide it either.
    That is something I have said in the politic thread before. The problem is the GOP will fight dirty and use every trick in the book. But so many Dems want to take the high road that they fail to notice the road is being destroyed under them.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    That is something I have said in the politic thread before. The problem is the GOP will fight dirty and use every trick in the book. But so many Dems want to take the high road that they fail to notice the road is being destroyed under them.
    Exactly this.

In addition, the game is getting more complicated with GOP appointed judges basically towing the party line when it comes to their rulings.

So going to the courts to attain sanity is slowly being taken off the table (case in point, see Texas, although the Supreme Court MIGHT rectify that but I'm not holding my breath).

Ultimate Member

Rinse and repeat .
    Quoted for truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly this.

In addition, the game is getting more complicated with GOP appointed judges basically towing the party line when it comes to their rulings.

So going to the courts to attain sanity is slowly being taken off the table (case in point, see Texas, although the Supreme Court MIGHT rectify that but I'm not holding my breath).
    I mean, Supreme court is perfect example.

the conservative justices quit when conservatives have full power.

then we have Ruth, despite being in horrid health, refusing the retire and end up dying with conservatives in power.

And it is going to happen again. Breyer won't retire and he is 83 freaking years old.

You have a bunch of old ass dudes who I wouldn't trust to park my car or bag my groceries running this country.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Danai Guira is my EVERYTHING as far as WOC in the MCU. She's all I got to lean on in this set-up of a cluster called World of Wakanda movie I'm getting. Monica in WandaVision didn't do a whole lot for me. Tessa Thompson is fine as hell, I'm always here for that but I can't hang too much on her 30% max to what Hemsworth's likely 70% is gonna be in Thor 4. If I wanna see that I'd have sat through that International Men in Black they put out.

Rinse and repeat .
    Rinse and fuckin' repeat.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Danai Guira is my EVERYTHING as far as WOC in the MCU. She's all I got to lean on in this set-up of a cluster called World of Wakanda movie I'm getting. Monica in WandaVision didn't do a whole lot for me. Tessa Thompson is fine as hell, I'm always here for that but I can't hang too much on her 30% max to what Hemsworth's likely 70% is gonna be in Thor 4. If I wanna see that I'd have sat through that International Men in Black they put out.

Rinse and fuckin' repeat.
    I don't quite understand your comment. There can be more than one WoC superhero in the MCU. And I'm not even sure if Okoye qualifies as a superhero

I'm fine with Shuri as a character. She fits the Young Avengers demo so you could put her there. She could also go on a hero's journey and grow/change etc. You could bridge the gap between her MCU version and the canon version. Who is older and more in touch with the spiritual side of Wakanda.

I don't think it has to be either Shuri or Okoye. You could use both and corner different age brackets.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm fine with Shuri as a character. She fits the Young Avengers demo so you could put her there. She could also go on a hero's journey and grow/change etc. You could bridge the gap between her MCU version and the canon version. Who is older and more in touch with the spiritual side of Wakanda.

I don't think it has to be either Shuri or Okoye. You could use both and corner different age brackets.
    I kinda assumed she'd do something like that.

Ultimate Member

They are going to use CRT to scare the "moderate" side of their base into voting. And it is going to work.
    The thing is NOBODY teaches it in public schools.

Rinse and repeat .
    Because those groups FORGET you have to put people in place that will get you what you want.

Or understand that there are some bills you are NEVER going to get passed.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    'Carbon copy' implies all these male heroes are the same. Which they're not.
    I didn't say all. I said most but either way lets agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    And why exactly can't a humorous female hero work as a leader? Isn't this kind of reaction why all the female heroes in the MCU are so 'serious' in the first place?
    I guess It can work if they downplay every theme and stories In BP mythos to prop her new personality.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/g...ey-1235104404/

Gal Gadot is the evil queen in snow white

And today I learned they casted a brown skin chick to play.... Snow... White................. a character named because of her... snow.... white..... skin

sigh

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/g...ey-1235104404/

Gal Gadot is the evil queen in snow white

And today I learned they casted a brown skin chick to play.... Snow... White................. a character named because of her... snow.... white..... skin

sigh
    Fun bit of trivia: One of Wonder Woman's villains is the Evil Queen from Snow White.