Page 645 of 828 FirstFirst ... 145545595635641642643644645646647648649655695745 ... LastLast
Results 9,661 to 9,675 of 12414

Ehhh, of course I'm trippin' more on the fact that Gadot is considered a lead/draw outside of that uh, tiara and that lasso. And she damn sure won't be a better Queen than Furiosa was, in this very similar sounding project that happened several years ago.

Also, what else can you do with that property but give us a new look at Snow White. That's one of those old IP's that there ain't much squeeze left to it. My two have pretty much burned through all the Disney 'classics' on the Plus. Even the ones that warn you at the jump that there's some pretty overt racism at several points in this beloved family cartoon. They show no interest in Snow White. Most likely cause of the witch, which is the angle they've pretty much taken on the story since.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Fun bit of trivia: One of Wonder Woman's villains is the Evil Queen from Snow White.
    well I learned two things today, off to a good start

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    [FONT=georgia]Ehhh, of course I'm trippin' more on the fact that Gadot is considered a lead/draw outside of that uh, tiara and that lasso. And she damn sure won't be a better Queen than Furiosa was, in this very similar sounding project that happened several years ago.
    Yeah I just don't get "it" about her tbh.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

IDK how many of you follow the NBA

but Phoenix Suns Owner is a donald sterling type racist

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...acism-misogyny
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 11-04-2021 at 10:14 AM.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    https://variety.com/2021/film/news/g...ey-1235104404/

Gal Gadot is the evil queen in snow white

And today I learned they casted a brown skin chick to play.... Snow... White................. a character named because of her... snow.... white..... skin

sigh
    Who cares? Is anyone honestly that attached to this fairy tale?

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Ehhh, of course I'm trippin' more on the fact that Gadot is considered a lead/draw outside of that uh, tiara and that lasso. And she damn sure won't be a better Queen than Furiosa was, in this very similar sounding project that happened several years ago.

Also, what else can you do with that property but give us a new look at Snow White. That's one of those old IP's that there ain't much squeeze left to it. My two have pretty much burned through all the Disney 'classics' on the Plus. Even the ones that warn you at the jump that there's some pretty overt racism at several points in this beloved family cartoon. They show no interest in Snow White. Most likely cause of the witch, which is the angle they've pretty much taken on the story since.
    I like Gal and all, but she plays herself in every movie she's in. Like The Rock. She's also in a movie with him on Netflix.

Hopefully he’s forced to sale it to a former nba player/there group

Ultimate Member

I'm really surprised to read this kind of stuff.

But then again, I'm not.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I like Gal and all, but she plays herself in every movie she's in. Like The Rock. She's also in a movie with him on Netflix.
    Quoted for truth.

The Rock just plays the same character in every movie.

And it's working for him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    That is something I have said in the politic thread before. The problem is the GOP will fight dirty and use every trick in the book. But so many Dems want to take the high road that they fail to notice the road is being destroyed under them.
    The Dems have the problem that 2 members of the Dem Senate care way more about their Rich Patrons than the people who elected them. But even that should not be an issue when the matter at hand is what 80% of Americans, Red State and Blue State alike want and need.

See, 80% of the country wants consolidated pharmacy costs to get Drug prices down ( The same way Unions bid as a group to get lower Drug prices) but not a single Republican voted for it either despite that. It's not what Big Pharma wants so screw the constituency. The Repugs can always say they can't afford it (but they can always find money for stuff like the F-35)and the Red States will buy it and accept the screw job.

Same with Paid Family Leave. Who the hell is against that? Can't get it anyway. If Big Business says no all the Republicans and two or so Dems will say no despite the constituency.

The Repubs can repeatedly get away with this because their constituency cares way more about the prestige of being a Straight White Male possibly eroding than the outright screwing that they are getting on Health Care, Family Leave and all the other stuff you can get virtually anywhere else BUT here.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 11-05-2021 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    The Dems have the problem that 2 members of the Dem Senate care way more about their Rich Patrons than the people who elected them. But even that should not be an issue when the matter at hand is what 80% of Americans, Red State and Blue State alike want and need.

See, 80% of the country wants consolidated pharmacy costs to get Drug prices down ( The same way Unions bid as a group to get lower Drug prices) but not a single Republican voted for it either despite that. It's not what Big Parma wants so screw the constituency. The Repugs can always say they can't afford it (but they can always find money for stuff like the F-35)and the Red States will buy it and accept the screw job.

Same with Paid Family Leave. Who the hell is against that? Can't get it anyway. If Big Business says no all the Republicans and two or so Dems will say no despite the constituency.

The Repubs can repeatedly get away with this because their constituency cares way more about the prestige of being a Straight White Male possibly eroding than the outright screwing that they are getting on Health Care, Family Leave and all the other stuff you can get virtually anywhere else BUT here.
    It's culture war stuff, they know it'll get attention from the material things they actually need. It's an endless waltz.

Ultimate Member

I actually find it stunning that "paid family leave" is some controversial thing in the US.

It's the standard practice for almost everywhere on the planet.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I actually find it stunning that "paid family leave" is some controversial thing in the US.

You want to know a SECRET? I mean a real secret and the real reason you see that pushback?

They don't want to do it. Because it means SOMEONE has to be ACCOUNTABLE.
    Once upon a time-there was a proposal to let parents leave work to deal with the kids at school and still get PAID. They would NOT lose their jobs.
    Guess who SHOT it down not companies but PARENTS.
    I give you Paid Leave-MOMMY you have ZERO excuse for not dealing with that kid raising heck at school.

Parents scream that they have no power in the schools as they are making CRT as the boogeyman. Reality? Parents have tons of rights. Including offering words on text book approval at the state and local level.
    No child can be tossed into Special education with out parental permission.

What I am seeing is parents NOT reading what they sign. They are just doing it to get it over with and get away from the school.

This is why you got so many messed up school and school districts. Heck it's not a shock Oklahoma was still using the same textbooks the kids on Stranger Things are using. That's parents NOT caring.

Don't get me started on Louisiana's education system.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    You want to know a SECRET? I mean a real secret and the real reason you see that pushback?

They don't want to do it. Because it means SOMEONE has to be ACCOUNTABLE.
    Once upon a time-there was a proposal to let parents leave work to deal with the kids at school and still get PAID. They would NOT lose their jobs.
    Guess who SHOT it down not companies but PARENTS.
    I give you Paid Leave-MOMMY you have ZERO excuse for not dealing with that kid raising heck at school.

Parents scream that they have no power in the schools as they are making CRT as the boogeyman. Reality? Parents have tons of rights. Including offering words on text book approval at the state and local level.
    No child can be tossed into Special education with out parental permission.

What I am seeing is parents NOT reading what they sign. They are just doing it to get it over with and get away from the school.

This is why you got so many messed up school and school districts. Heck it's not a shock Oklahoma was still using the same textbooks the kids on Stranger Things are using. That's parents NOT caring.

Don't get me started on Louisiana's education system.
    That's shortsighted as hell if that's the case.

If I wasn't in a Union with sick days I would have had to drag my deathly ill self into work last July in order to have eating money. Which would have been a REALLY bad scene.

You never know what will happen to you health wise (as I have learned the hard way) so the idea of shunning Paid Family Leave is frankly insane to me. Especially in a Covid-19 world.

There are worse things than having to take responsibility for your kid. Trying to work while you are coughing your lungs out has to be up there. Or being laid up in bed having to depend on strangers for eating money or money to pay your own health care.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    So is healthcare not tied to your damn job.

Ultimate Member

So is healthcare not tied to your damn job.
    But, but, freedom!