Page 648 of 827 FirstFirst ... 148548598638644645646647648649650651652658698748 ... LastLast
Results 9,706 to 9,720 of 12395
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    The straw hats are pretty diverse. The main cast of the live action One Piece:
    Makes sense, Oda has said that the cast of characters are supposed to be from different parts of the world if One Piece Earth was the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    The straw hats are pretty diverse. The main cast of the live action One Piece:
    They got a dude who looks like Eminem to be Sanji. He should be Enel instead. I don't know how this is going to go. The world of One Piece does not lend itself to live action at all. Oh lord, how are they gonna do Chopper?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    They got a dude who looks like Eminem to be Sanji. He should be Enel instead. I don't know how this is going to go. The world of One Piece does not lend itself to live action at all. Oh lord, how are they gonna do Chopper?
    That's my fear, One Piece is one of the most large scale and dense pieces of fiction both visually and plot wise.

The world building in it is insane. Adapting it into live action and for it to be any good is going to be a massive undertaking.

Although I will say that boy they got to act Usopp is on point.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    That's my fear, One Piece is one of the most large scale and dense pieces of fiction both visually and plot wise.

The world building in it is insane. Adapting it into live action and for it to be any good is going to be a massive undertaking.

Although I will say that boy they got to act Usopp is on point.
    I wonder how the black blue-checks are going to react to Usopp, and One-Piece in general. Stretchy powers don't look good in live action, there are the other zoans, the Giants, fish men, mermen, why not adapt Case Closed? It's been around almost as long and people love detective stories.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

I wonder how the black blue-checks are going to react to Usopp, and One-Piece in general. Stretchy powers don't look good in live action, there are the other zoans, the Giants, fish men, mermen, why not adapt Case Closed? It's been around almost as long and people love detective stories.
    Kamala Khan is getting turned into Purple Lantern for this very reason and some people are freaking out about it.

It's going to be very interesting to see how they handle Reed Richards once the Fantastic 4 finally get added to the MCU.

Ultimate Member

I think someone at Netflix just looked at "highest selling comic book series ever" and saw X-men, Batman and Superman were taken and decided to go for the next best thing.

I hope Netflix's budget will be big enough for this because anime adaptations have been notoriously bad and almost always look low budget.

Regarding Usopp, I haven't seen any complaints yet but I'm expecting the usual complaints. Even when the creator of the series says that the character would have been African if One Piece world corresponded with the real world.

I'm not used to seeing Luffy with such curly hair and Zoro looks so young. Wish they got a tougher looking man to play him.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Angel View Post
    I'm not used to seeing Luffy with such curly hair and Zoro looks so young. Wish they got a tougher looking man to play him.
    I want to believe that Luffy's hair should be covered by his hat for most of the series.

The Zoro actor looks young but he has an intensity to him that I think will serve the character well.

Ultimate Member

Is anyone here following the Kyle Rittenhouse trial?

It looks like the Judge has already picked a side in the trial.

Hint: He's already said that the people Rittenhouse killed can't be referred to as "victims" but can be called "rioters".

I think someone at Netflix just looked at "highest selling comic book series ever" and saw X-men, Batman and Superman were taken and decided to go for the next best thing.

I hope Netflix's budget will be big enough for this because anime adaptations have been notoriously bad and almost always look low budget.

Regarding Usopp, I haven't seen any complaints yet but I'm expecting the usual complaints. Even when the creator of the series says that the character would have been African if One Piece world corresponded with the real world.
    The scumbags who have never seen One Piece outside of clips and amv's (remember those, 2008 Youtube, Linkin Park, Linkin Park everywhere) are going to complain about racebending, the bluechecks might feel that Usopp plays into stereotypes and call Oda racist, even though the Fishman Island arc is about how stupid racism and slavery is. In fact he did it way better than X-Men ever could.

Ultimate Member

The scumbags who have never seen One Piece outside of clips and amv's (remember those, 2008 Youtube, Linkin Park, Linkin Park everywhere) are going to complain about racebending, the bluechecks might feel that Usopp plays into stereotypes and call Oda racist, even though the Fishman Island arc is about how stupid racism and slavery is. In fact he did it way better than X-Men ever could.
    Absolutely.

When folks complain that US superhero comics are too "political" and that's why manga sells better I always point to One Piece.

It's one of the most explicitly political comics out there. Racism is a very prominent running theme throughout the entire series and it's handled very well. And that's before we talk about stuff like religion, gentrification, corrupt governments and even sexuality the series goes into.

I'm legit curious how the series is going to handle all these themes. One Piece shifts from very funny and whimsical to very (and I mean very) serious and dark.

I don't understand why there would be backlash. Usopp always had tanner skin and even though its hard to sometimes tell an anime characters ethnicity he never looked remotely white.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Angel View Post
    I don't understand why there would be backlash. Usopp always had tanner skin and even though its hard to sometimes tell an anime characters ethnicity he never looked remotely white.
    They've got to get their clicks somehow, they can't live off hating Brie Larson forever.

Niffleheim

Is anyone here following the Kyle Rittenhouse trial?

It looks like the Judge has already picked a side in the trial.

Hint: He's already said that the people Rittenhouse killed can't be referred to as "victims" but can be called "rioters".
    I saw that when it happened and all I concluded was American Justice system is scary system

The judge is actually doing the defense attorney and a judge’s job. Like how scary is that?
    Last edited by Tofali; 11-10-2021 at 04:08 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I saw that when it happened and all I concluded was American Justice system is scary system

The judge is actually doing the defense attorney and a judge’s job. Like how scary is that?

It's really terrible.

Folks are now speaking up about the crap judges do.

And it's about time.