Page 651 of 828 FirstFirst ... 151551601641647648649650651652653654655661701751 ... LastLast
Results 9,751 to 9,765 of 12411
    Extraordinary Member

On the Marvel side of Disney+ we got the confirmation of Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel, She Hulk, Loki's 2nd season and House of Agatha Harness in the live action catagory. For animation we have X-Men 97 part 2, What If? season 2, Spider Man, Freshman Year and an un-named Wakanda Series.

That is a lot of original content. More than even Star Wars is providing to Disney+.

In a way it's really strange to see Marvel put more effort into animation than Star Wars given how much the Clone Wars cartoon did for the franchise. Not even an announcement of a season 2 for Star Wars: Visions.

...But Andor gets a Live Action series?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    On the Marvel side of Disney+ we got the confirmation of Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel, She Hulk, Loki's 2nd season and House of Agatha Harness in the live action catagory. For animation we have X-Men 97 part 2, What If? season 2, Spider Man, Freshman Year and an un-named Wakanda Series.

That is a lot of original content. More than even Star Wars is providing to Disney+.

In a way it's really strange to see Marvel put more effort into animation than Star Wars given how much the Clone Wars cartoon did for the franchise. Not even an announcement of a season 2 for Star Wars: Visions.

At this point I have no problems saying that Disney is really struggling for ideas with Star Wars.

Almost all their projects are 1) Set in the past 2) Nostalgia projects

Why not take the franchise forward and go into a post sequel trilogy universe?

Ultimate Member

Re: Kyle Rittenhouse. It seems that the prosecution has done everything possible to screw up the case.
    Last edited by Username taken; 11-16-2021 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

Mandolorian Movie Universe means more than "Star Wars." What a wild thing lol

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    At this point I have no problems saying that Disney is really struggling for ideas with Star Wars.

I don't understand why they didn't just take was the EU did, pull out the good stuff, and keep going.

That is what they do with the comics... look around for the good stuff, pull it out, adapt to big screen.

It seems so weird that the MCU side seems so organized but the STar Wars side seems so chaotic.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Mandolorian Movie Universe means more than "Star Wars." What a wild thing lol

I don't understand why they didn't just take was the EU did, pull out the good stuff, and keep going.

That is what they do with the comics... look around for the good stuff, pull it out, adapt to big screen.

It seems so weird that the MCU side seems so organized but the STar Wars side seems so chaotic.
    The thing is Disney thought that just slapping the Name Star Wars on a movie would bring money and love. And they were right on one of those. They didnt expect the backlash they got for putting out 3 shitty movies that despite making money the fans didnt seem to care for at all. So now they dont know where to go with the movies. Meanwhile Mando did well and people liked it so why not give us the best mando ever and see if that works.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The thing is Disney thought that just slapping the Name Star Wars on a movie would bring money and love. And they were right on one of those. They didnt expect the backlash they got for putting out 3 shitty movies that despite making money the fans didnt seem to care for at all. So now they dont know where to go with the movies. Meanwhile Mando did well and people liked it so why not give us the best mando ever and see if that works.
    You know, I have come to the conclusion that Disney really doesn't put a lot of forethought into their properties. Say what you will about Fiege, but he kept the MCU from going down the toilet. They bought Star Wars with no plan, just make the money back and sell more toys. They thought Tron: Legacy was going to make a billion dollars, it made 400 million. They really don't do well outside of their fantasy comfort zone and they know it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

I don't think they have a single idea what to do post trilogy.

The problem is the movies never ever had any idea what to do after the War in Star Wars ENDS. So the original trilogy flashes back to the Clone Wars and ignores everything after Return of the Jedi then stars a whole new War in Force Awakens. Even the Old Republic stuff centers around a cold war between the Jedi and the Sith.

At least the books had the idea of rebuilding the Jedi Order. The movs couldn't even do that. Or what happened with all the Clones that survived the Clone War? Movies couldn't do that either.

Star Wars is a weird franchise that does the same thing in different flavor over and over again and never does anything new.

At least Next Gen, DS 9, Voyager and Enterprise did things differently than TOS. And whatever complaints people have had with new Trek at least it explains what happened after the main series post TNG.

Over 30 years of Star Wars couldn't do that even once.

The sad thing is the next Star Wars Movie no matter how bad it is will still make tons of money. Because it is Star Wars and people go nuts. \

the Wise Comic Book Guy of the Simpsons said it best.

"Worst Cosmic Wars Ever! And I will only see it 5 more times... Today."
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

It seems so weird that the MCU side seems so organized but the Star Wars side seems so chaotic.
    They had to be. Look at who they didn't have rights to.

Star Wars and to a lesser point DC-thought toss Batman or Star Wars on it and wait for the money. While screwing over everyone else.

I mean how many time have we seen that crash and burn? Like Black Panther is about to.

Extraordinary Member

I still think the primary problem with the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy was LFL talking themselves and Rian Johnson into the worst possible follow-up to TFA, and just a shitty movie and direction change in its own right.

For all the bitching and moaning that TFA gets now, people forget how positive it’s word of mouth reception was, particularly with characters like Rey and Finn as the main heroes, with Han passing the torch to Finn in the final act, and Kylo as the walking personification of every ugly aspect of privilege and affluence.

And I still think of the next movie had been written by someone who decided Rey was Luke’s daughter, and that Finn was her love interest, and you’d likely have seen a navigation to a decent follow-up to the OT, originality be damned. Rogue One, Rebels, and The Mandalorian show that Star Wars, at its core, isn’t that hard to get right if you remember it’s an escapist adventure epic and space opera. TFA had plenty of that understanding.

Instead, LFL was talking themselves into being afraid that John Boyega’s a playing a successful male lead close to a white lead in Daisy Ridley instead of Adam Driver was dangerous, as well as doing some weird double-think where they were simultaneously thinking “Rey can’t be a Skywalker, because that would be elitist” along side “Kylo must be made the central figure of the ST, because he is a Skywalker, and that is too good to pass up.”

That’s about 60% of making a shit show out of the Sequel Trilogy.

The other 40% was having editors, producers, and others somehow do a sloppy job approving the rest of Johnson’s TLJ script, so that a shitty military plotline got involved, a complete disregard for any kind of long term story, lazy-ass narrative shortcuts, and a downright hostile script to quality character writing; Johnson clearly didn’t get why most Luke fans loved the character, and treated everyone else as bland archetypes, which he also misidentified.

TROS is crap too… but it’s crap because TLJ was crap, and because TLJ retroactively sought to fuck up TFA to focus it on Kylo instead of Rey or Finn. TLJ flat out retconned away most of Rey and Finn’s characterizations and character arcs from TFA, as well as Poe’ portrayal, or any human response to Kylo, who it now wanted worshipped. And LFL wanted TLJ respected, and especially the coddling of Kylo, so they screwed up production until Abrams came back with an impossible job; mix the bullshit worship of Kylo and a modicum of TLJ’s story with a larger story LFL didn’t want anymore.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The sad thing is the next Star Wars Movie no matter how bad it is will still make tons of money. Because it is Star Wars and people go nuts. \

the Wise Comic Book Guy of the Simpsons said it best.

"Worst Cosmic Wars Ever! And I will only see it 5 more times... Today."
    While true to an extent...

I would imagine big money suites went "how did we drop from 2 billion to 1 billion from Ep 7 to 9?????"

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Out of curiosity...

Do any of y'all actually want race bent characters?

Lots of discussion elsewhere about racebending the F4 or race bending mutants or other characters.

And personally... it doesn't really appeal to me at all... if they want to use minorities, use and push some of the characters they have.

i don't care if F4 is all white... white friends groups do exist lol.

I'm neutral- I'm not against or for it. I have liked racebent/genderbent characters before but it's not something I seek out.

Granted, if there is a POC Matt Murdock or John Constantine I'll probably have a different answer.

I was sympathetic to the Asian Danny Rand movement but I felt it was too short-sighted and toxic. Danny doesn't work for me as a character. He's likable but bland and doesn't work on his own. So I'm cool with sticking him in a team book or retiring him. In hindsight I'd probably swap him for Hawkeye or use White Tiger (either Kasper Cole, Hector Ayala, or Angela de Toro).

The White Savior stuff is a problem to me but not "The" Problem ya know. Plus Doctor Strange is worse as a White Savior. Colleen wasn't always used well but she was never Danny's maid.

So I'm cool with him being Asian but it's the tip of the iceberg.

Netflix Death Note and Dragon Ball Evolution would've worked better as spinoffs. The Japanese Death Note movies had new stories that took place after the original story. So the US version should've been that. Dragon Ball Evolution would've worked better if it was about Gohan or Goten/Trunks.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-16-2021 at 09:02 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm neutral- I'm not against or for it. I have liked racebent/genderbent characters before but it's not something I seek out.
    Same here.

I'm completely neutral on it.

Sometime it's a bit cringey but sometimes I fully understand.

Extraordinary Member

Out of curiosity...

Do any of y'all actually want race bent characters?

Lots of discussion elsewhere about racebending the F4 or race bending mutants or other characters.

And personally... it doesn't really appeal to me at all... if they want to use minorities, use and push some of the characters they have.

i don't care if F4 is all white... white friends groups do exist lol.
    It depends.

Ben Grimm being Black absolutely makes sense to me. Many people (including the dude that wrote the Easy Rawlings novels) read him as Black. Sue and Johnny being Asian also works.

Some bends are more logical than others.

Starfire being Black kinda annoys me since the character as originally designed by a Latino Artist was effectively a Space Latina (Really long hair, temper and... assets). So in my mind it was really just trading one POC for another.

The Iron Fist situation was interesting because it wasn't comic nerds who pushed back, it was the casuals: TV media fans who had enough of cultural appropriation.

Funny thing is I.F.'s origin makes way more sense if his Dad was a native of the mystic city that left. Race bending him actually would have improved matters on a plot level.