Page 654 of 828 FirstFirst ... 154554604644650651652653654655656657658664704754 ... LastLast
Results 9,796 to 9,810 of 12408
    PHYSICIAN/PSYCHIATRIST WAKANDA FOREVER!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    They let Kyle Rittenhouse walk.

Non guilty of all charges. They even dropped the charge for violating curfew.
    I'm shocked! Shocked I tell you!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    The problem is them being 'the heart and soul' when all the other groups actually grown and evolve, and incorporate new diverse heroes instead of the same four White guys. Why do they keep getting chances when lots of minority heroes get ignored and dropped and underdeveloped?
    Because the first Fantastic Four series went 416 straight issues without a restart. Pretty much they have been consistent in their publishing and either Ike or a silly company restart shows its face.

The Thing headline his own book.

Ultimate Fantastic Four went 60 issues.

They have had 3 tv shows and 4 movies.

Spinoffs-Black Panther, Inhumans (yes that includes Moon Girl, Flint, Kamala, Inferno & Quake) Silver Surfer, Power Pack & Fantastic Foundation.

In terms of kids-I have seen kids tear through bins looking for back issues. They have also been one of the few comic book properties that make school shelves.

They have earned their spot. They are a property that has a line of folks wanting to work on them and an editorial department that has no issue with it.

It's not their fault POC are where they are at.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    They didn't pay billions to use the Z list minority ones though lol.

you'll get storm, and a race bend most likely.
    Yet they paid for a talking Raccoon.

Along with a girl who talked to Squirrels.

Both were MIA at Marvel for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    They let Kyle Rittenhouse walk.

Non guilty of all charges. They even dropped the charge for violating curfew.
    Insert old school meme of the baby with the fist pump saying 'Let's do this!' Time for a hootenanny and to hail the conquering hero?

All I can say is, at times in all of our lives, we've courted certain people who behaved in ways that currently we do not court anymore. Rittenhouse is going to be supported by a whole lot of uncivil people holding him up in ways he does not, could not, fully see just yet all in the hopes that his name doesn't ring out in a way that catches him without his AR. When all our backer are hard fringe, that's gonna be a tough act to keep up.

Also to future Rittenhouses, Kenosha's don't exist EVERYWHERE. The gymnastics to validate that little ****'s get out of jail free card is on notice for all to see and stupid is as stupid does, that does likely won't be your does. Just sayin'.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I wouldn't focus on the O5 if it were up to me but that's something that the FOX X-Men movies never did even after how many movies over how many years? Disney/Marvel is definitely going to want to set themselves apart from the FOX series. I think they're gonna' have most if not all the O5 characters in their version though, although they'll probably add in other characters like Storm and Wolverine, we'll see.
    If I talk about this today i am less likely to say something that will get me banned. Maybe.

I will get back on topic now.

Even if they use the O5 there's no need to be slavish to it's original presentation. They will likely do what the Ultimate X Men book did and present half 05 and half New X-Men.

Might get something like Cyclops, Jean Grey, IceMan and Beast plus Storm, Thunderbird, Jubilee and Wolverine.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Because the first Fantastic Four series went 416 straight issues without a restart. Pretty much they have been consistent in their publishing and either Ike or a silly company restart shows its face.

The Thing headline his own book.

Ultimate Fantastic Four went 60 issues.

They have had 3 tv shows and 4 movies.

Spinoffs-Black Panther, Inhumans (yes that includes Moon Girl, Flint, Kamala, Inferno & Quake) Silver Surfer, Power Pack & Fantastic Foundation.

In terms of kids-I have seen kids tear through bins looking for back issues. They have also been one of the few comic book properties that make school shelves.

They have earned their spot. They are a property that has a line of folks wanting to work on them and an editorial department that has no issue with it.

It's not their fault POC are where they are at.
    But are they still any good? My point isn't that it's their fault, but that they keep getting chances PoC don't. Introducing a bunch of other characters doesn't mean they're still relevant

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Yet they paid for a talking Raccoon.

Along with a girl who talked to Squirrels.

Both were MIA at Marvel for decades.
    Exactly

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Insert old school meme of the baby with the fist pump saying 'Let's do this!' Time for a hootenanny and to hail the conquering hero?

All I can say is, at times in all of our lives, we've courted certain people who behaved in ways that currently we do not court anymore. Rittenhouse is going to be supported by a whole lot of uncivil people holding him up in ways he does not, could not, fully see just yet all in the hopes that his name doesn't ring out in a way that catches him without his AR. When all our backer are hard fringe, that's gonna be a tough act to keep up.

Also to future Rittenhouses, Kenosha's don't exist EVERYWHERE. The gymnastics to validate that little ****'s get out of jail free card is on notice for all to see and stupid is as stupid does, that does likely won't be your does. Just sayin'.
    There are probably too many places with Kenosha's mentality.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post

To paraphrase the classic Batman Animated Series episode that introduced us to the Riddler-If You're So Smart, Why Aren't You Rich?

Rittenhouse may have his freedom, but he won't be sleeping well. How much is a goodnight sleep worth? Now there's a riddle for you.
    Was doing that really worth it?

Because once the uncivil and Rickey Schroder and Fake News stop hanging around you and milking you for attention.

You still got to live your life.

But are they still any good?
    They have their fans and people have expressed interest in them, so yes, they are clearly doing some things right. Some people may not like them but that is just how things are. I don't much care for Guardians of the Galaxy and if I'm being honest, don't for many X-Men characters, even the minority ones, but they obviously have their fans.

Quote Originally Posted by WAKANDA FOREVER! View Post
    I'm shocked! Shocked I tell you!
    I stopped being shocked by stuff after that kid in the park got blown away by a cop in 1.2 seconds and everyone defended the cop because the kid looked "big"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    They have their fans and people have expressed interest in them, so yes, they are clearly doing some things right. Some people may not like them but that is just how things are. I don't much care for Guardians of the Galaxy and if I'm being honest, don't for many X-Men characters, even the minority ones, but they obviously have their fans.
    My point is: why do they get chances just because they were once important yet a lot and of minority and female heroes don't get the chance in the first place

Ultimate Member

I stopped being shocked by stuff after that kid in the park got blown away by a cop in 1.2 seconds and everyone defended the cop because the kid looked "big"
    It'll be a long time before things change, unfortunately. White man = hero, everyone else = threat. But this case basically shows the underlying hypocrisy of "muh freedom" these people claim the USA is all about

My point is: why do they get chances just because they were once important yet a lot and of minority and female heroes don't get the chance in the first place
    There are far bigger obstacles to female and minority heroes than the Fantastic Four. It is not the Fantastic Four's fault we didn't get a Black Panther movie until 2018, a Carol Danvers movie until 2019 and a Black Widow movie until 2021.

Because to executives (true or not)... once important = built in potential fans = built in potential ticket buyers.

F4 (and I don't really care for them) also have the benefit of 3 other movies and I think a cartoon. So their "casual awareness" is higher than say... Prodigy.

Sure, no one liked the movies, but an executives hope is that people go, "oh I know them and MCU is fun so I'll go see them"

It helps with marketing.

Plus... the people in charge who are comic fans grew up liking certain characters and if they are a certain age, they probably read a lot of F4. Just like they fawn over spider-man.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Because to executives (true or not)... once important = built in potential fans = built in potential ticket buyers.

F4 (and I don't really care for them) also have the benefit of 3 other movies and I think a cartoon. So their "casual awareness" is higher than say... Prodigy.

Sure, no one liked the movies, but an executives hope is that people go, "oh I know them and MCU is fun so I'll go see them"

It helps with marketing.

Plus... the people in charge who are comic fans grew up liking certain characters and if they are a certain age, they probably read a lot of F4. Just like they fawn over spider-man.
    There have been a few FF cartoons over the years. One in the 60's, 1978, the 90's one where they crossed over with Daredevil and Spider-Man, and the one made by that french studio in 2005 I think. Dan Slott and Chris Yost wrote some episodes for it.
    They aren't a household name like they used to, but are still catchy enough to bring people in.

It certainly worked for the Flash. Morrison brought Barry Allen back from the dead, and Johns reestablished him.