Page 660 of 828 FirstFirst ... 160560610650656657658659660661662663664670710760 ... LastLast
Results 9,886 to 9,900 of 12408

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Damn, that's a bit harsh on Carter and Ashanti

Anyway, will the NFL do anything about this? I mean, if people are literally getting killed, something has to change.
    They've modified the rules a touch but no lol.

And, TBF, this **** starts in pop warner.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    I am not at all defending it, just saying -- let's not act as if black folk are the only ones.
    Here is the thing-you bring up Donald Trump and I can bring up Bill Gates and other white guys who have done well without ruining everything.

Now we got to black folks....rappers and athletes. Even if you bring up those African billionaires or what guys like Byron Allen have done-black folks don't care.

It's still those jocks and rappers.

There should still be a mandatory class on the reality of your relationship with a credit card company during your first year of high school.
    Depending on your school district-those classes do NOT exist.

It's not like folks have not tried to get those classes along with auto shop and those hands on classes BACK into school.

Guess who tends to be the ones FIGHTING against those classes-BLACK FOLKS. Because doing those jobs are LOOKED down upon in some communities.

Also you would be shocked at how many kids got credit cards before entering middle school because of their parents using their names and social security numbers.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Here is the thing-you bring up Donald Trump and I can bring up Bill Gates and other white guys who have done well without ruining everything.

Now we got to black folks....rappers and athletes. Even if you bring up those African billionaires or what guys like Byron Allen have done-black folks don't care.

It's still those jocks and rappers.

It's not like folks have not tried to get those classes along with auto shop and those hands on classes BACK into school.

Guess who tends to be the ones FIGHTING against those classes-BLACK FOLKS. Because doing those jobs are LOOKED down upon in some communities.
    It's not just Black Folk, this is a thing with a lot of POCs in general, I have noticed. They don't wanna hear from auto shop classes and trade school, because the idea of thier little darlings being common laborers is too much for them to bear.

I'm not saying people shouldn't have aspirations for thier kids but It just didn't escape my notice that I'd never met for example, a broke car mechanic or a broke plumber or a broke electrician outside of them having a gambling habit or an addiction problem or both. It's easy for those jobs to be on lockdown when all those classes and programs that served POCs went out with the early 80's. But I don't remember POC Parents making a peep about it.

It's so more of a prestige issue to those effected families that the financial part doesn't register at all.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    It's not just Black Folk, this is a thing with a lot of POCs in general, I have noticed. They don't wanna hear from auto shop classes and trade school, because the idea of thier little darlings being common laborers is too much for them to bear.

I'm not saying people shouldn't have aspirations for thier kids but It just didn't escape my notice that I'd never met for example, a broke car mechanic or a broke plumber or a broke electrician outside of them having a gambling habit or an addiction problem or both. It's easy for those jobs to be on lockdown when all those classes and programs that served POCs went out with the early 80's. But I don't remember POC Parents making a peep about it.

It's so more of a prestige issue to those effected families that the financial part doesn't register at all.
    Pardon my ignorance but I assumed that was more of an immigrant stereotype

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

Well, yes, trades in our public schools sectors began to go away in the late 1970's, that's a fact. Also a fact that urbanization began to really take off that same time, there was plenty of work for folks. On the ReelBlack channel on YT there is this old television special that talked about how tough the labor unions made it on Black folks to even enter, which is another fact. White male labor groups in this country will only be as diverse as they want it. I used to work at Pepsi-Cola albeit not as a driver and this was in the late 90's. Man it was easily 12-1 as far as brothas went on the driver side. More in the warehouse of course but it was common knowledge of when the first Black driver in the city got on.

The trades in this country are lacking as well but it's regional I think. I got a cousin that's a plumber my mans has the nicest house of anybody in my circle. Been owned 2-3 houses and got out of them. Dude has always kept working but when he was here in the city, the unions was on some white **** he used to say and moved to Tennessee and it's been on since then. He ain't turned a wrench in a couple years, he's management now. I told him last time I saw him, I was like, fam I don't even know you nomore lol. Had I had to do it over I might have thought different of that back out of high school myself.

Perceptions of 'dirty work' do play a factor but let's be honest, it ain't just us, we're just closer to it. Young folks by and large don't turn wrenches anymore or have had the guidance or mentorship to direct them to that work. Fucked up thing is, it's a damn good check. Technology too comes into it too. A large part of things is these young folks don't want to have to be under the thumb of a random drop at a job neither. There's something to that.

We have to fight for everything, every, fucking, thing, and from the vantage point of age, more of us everyday we're finding it's generational. Fight on the school boards, fight now on the election boards. It's a lot. Civility shouldn't be this hard. Speaking of the ol' bullshit,

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. — A judge has approved a request to wipe clean the court record of a Black woman who was arrested for refusing to move to the back of a segregated Alabama bus in 1955, months before Rosa Parks gained international fame for doing the same.

A judge granted the request by Claudette Colvin, now 82, in a brief court order made public Thursday by a family representative.

The case was sent to juvenile court because of Colvin's age, and records show a judge found her delinquent and placed her on probation "as a ward of the state pending good behavior." Colvin never got official word that she had completed probation through the ensuing decades, and relatives said they assumed police would arrest her for any reason they could.

"I am an old woman now. Having my records expunged will mean something to my grandchildren and great grandchildren. And it will mean something for other Black children," Colvin said at the time in a sworn statement.

At the time she asked a court in October to expunge her record, Colvin said she did not want to be considered a "juvenile delinquent" anymore.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Pardon my ignorance but I assumed that was more of an immigrant stereotype
    DEPENDS....

Yes you do see jokes about it.

Because they take the jobs they WE view as low. immigrants-NO SHAME.

Growing up in the 80s-90s those jobs got looked DOWN upon including working at K-Mart, Target, Wal-Mart or McDonalds.

I was TOLD by (mother side) family those job were NOT an option. Only 1 family member that does Air conditioner and 1 does truck driving work. The rest of us education, medical, IRS, police, military or own a business.

They don't wanna hear from auto shop classes and trade school, because the idea of thier little darlings being common laborers is too much for them to bear.

I'm not saying people shouldn't have aspirations for thier kids but It just didn't escape my notice that I'd never met for example, a broke car mechanic or a broke plumber or a broke electrician outside of them having a gambling habit or an addiction problem or both.
    What folks take issue with is the physical work. Folks want the money but not the WORK it brings.

It's like an issue one of our schools has-all these black kids get accepted into colleges for medical or criminal justice. Get to college-find out how much WORK and classes they have to take-guess who changes majors.

They get confused by all those for profit schools that say be this or that in 30 weeks or less.

There is one ad that airs NONSTOP on the radio about becoming a computer tech guy in 30 weeks. What is funny my school might hire those guys and they don't last long. Some of it is PAY but I guess the work is too hard?

I have gone through 5 tech guys.

Ultimate Member

People need to stay woke.

Theyve been doing it forever.

So what you should be asking is

Why hasn't the other party really done anything to stop it? Why does the other party, which knows it really just needs people to have easy accessibility to vote to win.... never really do anything to make it easy to vote or stop the antivote ****?

Why do they seem so complacent and "ok" with the status quo?

That is the real question that keeps you up at night. When there are obvious answers to things and... it doesn't happen. It seems like both sides REALLY want as close to a 50 50 split as possible... why?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Saitama vs Popeye.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Theyve been doing it forever.

So what you should be asking is

Why hasn't the other party really done anything to stop it? Why does the other party, which knows it really just needs people to have easy accessibility to vote to win.... never really do anything to make it easy to vote or stop the antivote ****?

Why do they seem so complacent and "ok" with the status quo?

That is the real question that keeps you up at night. When there are obvious answers to things and... it doesn't happen. It seems like both sides REALLY want as close to a 50 50 split as possible... why?
    I think the attitude is this-if they see a county or state be all one color-why bother trying anything to change that?

They don't get those votes count no matter the final outcome.

Trump BARELY won Texas.

Despite what Abbott is doing here in Texas with suppression-any cheating would NOT have made a difference. Biden and Trump THUMPED each other in the counties that they won. Even the indy votes would not have made a difference. It might have gotten Trump one more county.

Even in Georgia both thumped each other.

The Anti Vote mess or NOT going after folks is what hurts both parties. No type of cheating was going to help anyone.

I think the attitude is this-if they see a county or state be all one color-why bother trying anything to change that?

They don't get those votes count no matter the final outcome.

Trump BARELY won Texas.

Despite what Abbott is doing here in Texas with suppression-any cheating would NOT have made a difference. Biden and Trump THUMPED each other in the counties that they won. Even the indy votes would not have made a difference. It might have gotten Trump one more county.

Even in Georgia both thumped each other.

The Anti Vote mess or NOT going after folks is what hurts both parties. No type of cheating was going to help anyone.
    So, I've got to ask, with this influx of all those Californians moving there, is the liberal pipe dream of texas turning blue any closer to coming true? I'm thinking it probably isn't. California is socially liberal, but it's also full of nimbys who don't like homeless people.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    So, I've got to ask, with this influx of all those Californians moving there, is the liberal pipe dream of texas turning blue any closer to coming true? I'm thinking it probably isn't. California is socially liberal, but it's also full of nimbys who don't like homeless people.
    Well the issue is this-where are those folks locating to?

https://sanantonioreport.org/califor...ving-to-texas/

Of all new Texans from any state, most moved to Houston’s Harris County (10%), with the other top destinations being the major metropolitan areas of Tarrant (7.6%), Bexar (7.2%), Travis (6.9%), Dallas (6.8%), and Collin (6.5%) counties. San Antonio is attractive for its relative housing affordability and proximity to Austin and the areas surrounding, but the military also draws some newcomers, Torres said.

Californians preferred Travis County, with more than 10% moving there, and of those, more than a third came from San Francisco County.
    Tarrant-Biden BARELY won. 2000 votes.

Collin is moving towards Democrat and Biden was the best showing since Lyndon B Johnson. Now no Democrat holds an office in that county since the final season of Star Trek The Next Generation in 94.

Travis-72% for Biden and Republicans do NOT fare well since Nixon & Reagan.

Dallas is blue since 2004.

Harris is blue since OBAMA.

Bexar County is Democratic and that seems to be the place they are moving to. The gap has grown since Obama in 2008 won by 6%. Biden by 19%.

San Antonio is the battle ground which includes 3 counties. Bexar is blue. Medina is Red and Comal is red as well. LBJ is the last time a Democrat won in Comal.

I think Collin County is the x factor. Comal is 62K voters. Collin is 365K.

https://mg.co.za/news/2021-12-19-mee...nes-and-nitro/

Meet South Africa’s Superhero scientists Cosmic Dawn, Bones and Nitro

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    They've modified the rules a touch but no lol.
    Case in point:

Vincent Jackson died from chronic alcohol use, medical examiner says

Jenna Laine
    ESPN Staff Writer

TAMPA, Fla. -- The Hillsborough County (Florida) Medical Examiner said Wednesday that former NFL wide receiver Vincent Jackson died from chronic alcohol use and that the manner of his February death was "natural."

The medical examiner's release comes days after the Concussion Legacy Foundation said Jackson was diagnosed with Stage 2 chronic traumatic encephalopathy, the progressive brain disease associated with repeated head trauma.

Jackson was found dead Feb. 15 at the Homewood Suites in Brandon, Florida, after his family had reported him missing five days earlier and after authorities had spoken with him as part of a welfare check. He was 38.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 12-23-2021 at 11:03 AM.