Page 664 of 828 FirstFirst ... 164564614654660661662663664665666667668674714764 ... LastLast
Results 9,946 to 9,960 of 12411
    Ultimate Member

That being said, Whoopi shouldn’t return to the view.

She said something dumb and apologized for it and they STILL suspended her.

All that does is humiliate her. She just quit the show and move on.

Not to downplay her recent comments at all, but I'm surprised they suspended her at all given they didn't take any action back when she defended Bill Cosby.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Not to downplay her recent comments at all, but I'm surprised they suspended her at all given they didn't take any action back when she defended Bill Cosby.
    She wasn’t the only person that defended Cosby. A lot of people were skeptical until more evidence came out and she and many others changed their minds (she said it publicly that she changed her mind on him after more allegations came out).

Her comments about the Holocaust weren’t well articulated. She was trying to say that the Holocaust was basically how human beings are cruel to themselves despite us all being human (or something along those lines). I think anyone watching the original clip plus her subsequent explanation will understand what she was trying to say. Were comments silly, yeah but did it really hurt anybody, I would argue not, so why the punishment AFTER the apology.

Suspending her after she apologized looks very, very strange. If I were her, I won’t go back there again.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    She wasn’t the only person that defended Cosby. A lot of people were skeptical until more evidence came out and she and many others changed their minds (she said it publicly that she changed her mind on him after more allegations came out).

Her comments about the Holocaust weren’t well articulated. She was trying to say that the Holocaust was basically how human beings are cruel to themselves despite us all being human (or something along those lines). I think anyone watching the original clip plus her subsequent explanation will understand what she was trying to say. Were comments silly, yeah but did it really hurt anybody, I would argue not, so why the punishment AFTER the apology.

Suspending her after she apologized looks very, very strange. If I were her, I won’t go back there again.
    One guy's take...

It's about what else the company knows is in the vault.

There's at least one other pretty obvious instance that comes to mind. The kind of thing that, added to what she just said, starts to create a situation where folks will be able to paint you a certain way no matter where your heart actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    One guy's take...

It's about what else the company knows is in the vault.

There's at least one other pretty obvious instance that comes to mind. The kind of thing that, added to what she just said, starts to create a situation where folks will be able to paint you a certain way no matter where your heart actually is.
    What do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What do you mean?
    Near as I can remember, she said "Folks say dumb stuff all the time..." when Joan Rivers called her on sticking up for Mel Gibson because he was a friend.

You've got a single time where you said something that came off the way that what she said this week did?

That's a deep enough hole to get out of.

Another instance of you going to bat for someone who said some pretty unacceptable stuff about Jews because he is your friend?

That's can be turned into a pattern.

No matter who you might actually be at heart.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Near as I can remember, she said "Folks say dumb stuff all the time..." when Joan Rivers called her on sticking up for Mel Gibson because he was a friend.

You've got a single time where you said something that came off the way that what she said this week did?

That's a deep enough hole to get out of.

Another instance of you going to bat for someone who said some pretty unacceptable stuff about Jews because he is your friend?

That's can be turned into a pattern.

No matter who you might actually be at heart.
    Interesting.

I never knew she defended Mel Gibson.

Ultimate Member

That being said, Whoopi shouldn’t return to the view.

She said something dumb and apologized for it and they STILL suspended her.

All that does is humiliate her. She just quit the show and move on.
    ABC will NOT let her waltz off.

There is too much money to be made off her. Since she is the only one that does other projects-that is free press for the View.

Unless you can pry someone else who does that and wants to do talk and most of them are already doing it. Unless they want to take a look at Sherri Sheppard or Eve-if they can get her back on that Divas show or one of the Mowry twins (although I doubt the one from the Real wants to do that again).

The Boondocks revival has been cancelled.

https://gizmodo.com/well-shit-no-boo...max-1848487067

Joe rogan probably gained subscribers after they pulled receiots on his racist crap.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

https://shadowandact.com/brandy-init...ought-i-sucked

Could you imagine what history would be like if Brandy was not Moesha Mitchell? As it turns out, that could have been a reality.

The music icon, who played the titular character on the classic UPN show for five seasons from 1996 to 2001, originally did not want to audition for the role.

For those unfamiliar, Brandy was coming off the heels of her multiplatinum self-titled debut album when Moesha co-creator Ralph Farquar requested that she audition.

“She [Sonja Norwood, her mother] gave me a script that Ralph Farquhar and the other creators of Moesha gave to her,” Brandy told Essence in an interview with Essence from 2019, noting her mother/manager advised her to audition. “And I was like, ‘Mom, I’m not an actress.’ I didn’t really take my acting seriously.
    I guess she forgot she did a show called Thea on ABC and if the usual antics axing decent rating black shows for overhyped white ones-there would be no Moesha. Thea was axed right around pilot season and Moesha was suppose to be a CBS show.

Hell there would be No Steve Harvey Show either and Sliders and Star Trek Voyager would be looking for a Harry Kim, Tuvok & Sliders would be looking for Rembrant.

Invincible Member

Interesting.

I never knew she defended Mel Gibson.
    There's also the Ted Danson wearing blackface at a roast while she and he were dating scandal...

Whoopi, joe, the rock, awkwafina

so much energy focused on this shit

Twitters just makes it so people feel like they "changing" things while the world burns. Congrats, you saved a flower in your yard while your house burned to the ground.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

This was a better take.

Invincible Member

I still see more so-called "free speech absolutists" out there clutching their pearls over the "cancelling" of Joe Rogan ( who has not been banned from anywhere) rather than speaking up about Art Spiegelman or any other books ( such as the subject here) that are actually being banned from schools.

Last edited by ed2962; 02-07-2022 at 10:11 AM.