Page 665 of 828 FirstFirst ... 165565615655661662663664665666667668669675715765 ... LastLast
Results 9,961 to 9,975 of 12412

Im no Rogan fan, I would only check out the show if the guest was interesting.

If Rogan gets kicked off Spotify (which is unlikely) he'll just take that money and build his own platform.

The thing that gets me about Twitter is that it's always looking for the next "enemy" to fight. If not Rogan, then it's Peterson, Shapiro, Jones, or Trump.

These people grew up watching Dragonball and it shows. They're like Goku, always looking for someone to fight.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post

If Rogan gets kicked off Spotify (which is unlikely) he'll just take that money and build his own platform.

The thing that gets me about Twitter is that it's always looking for the next "enemy" to fight. If not Rogan, then it's Peterson, Shapiro, Jones, or Trump.

These people grew up watching Dragonball and it shows. They're like Goku, always looking for someone to fight.
    Twitter isn't the reason why Rogan is in trouble. Spotify losing artists and getting phone calls from some of the bigger ones is why he's in trouble. His behavior (go look up the Planet of the Apes video for an example) shows the kind of person Joe Rogan is and between him constantly interviewing all sorts of WS hacks and idiots and getting indignant about the plight of the white male ("Oh woe is me I can't talk shit and get away with it ALLL THE TIME NOW!") it was only a matter of time till he got exposed. Credit to India Arie for pointing out how Spotify really makes their money. To me, it seems that there are people who think that there are acceptable targets like Black people so whenever there's any pushback there's this message of "oh get over it" and "it's not THAT serious". Yet when its other groups (you can think of a few) there's no question about what should and shouldn't be said.

So, thoughts on this Awkwafina thing?

https://www.avclub.com/awkwafina-add...ati-1848487809

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

I don't care lol. A comedian using ebonics to make money isn't really high on my give a shit meter. People are too GD sensitive. Is she stoking hate? nope. Is she generating hate towards blacks? No. Is she breeding hate towards blacks? No. She (maybe) used it to get rich.... oh no, the horror!

There is so much wrong with the world right now and this just seems like useless distraction.

My groceries cost like 30% more than they used to (and that is a low estimate)... i don't give a shit what awkwafina does lol

EDIT:

I mean, you got a literal presidential candidate (who I think is now running for something in NY) in Yang who says "rogan can't be racist because he works with black people" soI mean... is awkwfina really worth the energy here?
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 02-07-2022 at 05:55 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

To be fair, two of those things aren't quite like the other lol.

Alex Jones is a literal monster who actually caused real harm to real people.

Trump ran shit... twitter quotes weren't the way to "fix" that but still. He had power.

The others two are just a long line of white dudes saying edgy things that got popular and if they were taking off social media forever... those fans would quickly find the next one. Not really worth the energy.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

People put too much energy into these things.

What Awkwafina did really isnt very important.

I read an article some days ago and they said something I agree with. People focus a lot on distractions like Whoopi Goldberg and to some extent Joe Rogan. You know its bad when mainstream outlets like CNN run front page stories on Joe Rogan (how many hours of podcasts does one have to go through to form a collage of him using the N-word? That's a whoooooole lot of work).

In the past, there were guys like Rush Limbaugh that were spewing nonsense to millions of people and no one outside of the Conservative bubble gave him the time of the day because there were more serious issues to focus on.

Anyway, its not my place to tell people what to focus on but stuff like Awkwafina being goofy doesn't really register as particularly important to me.
    Last edited by Username taken; 02-07-2022 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    People put too much energy into these things.
    They don't actually. That is why they do it.

Get on twitter while taking a shit and go "cancel XYZ!"

then move on to the next thing.

Accomplishes less than nothing but they feel important.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    Twitter isn't the reason why Rogan is in trouble. Spotify losing artists and getting phone calls from some of the bigger ones is why he's in trouble. His behavior (go look up the Planet of the Apes video for an example) shows the kind of person Joe Rogan is and between him constantly interviewing all sorts of WS hacks and idiots and getting indignant about the plight of the white male ("Oh woe is me I can't talk shit and get away with it ALLL THE TIME NOW!") it was only a matter of time till he got exposed. Credit to India Arie for pointing out how Spotify really makes their money. To me, it seems that there are people who think that there are acceptable targets like Black people so whenever there's any pushback there's this message of "oh get over it" and "it's not THAT serious". Yet when its other groups (you can think of a few) there's no question about what should and shouldn't be said.
    Can’t be better said

It’s not shocking & glad to see getting call out on anti blk minstrel show, that not only her but to many non blacks use to get over/make money

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post

It’s not shocking & glad to see getting call out on anti blk minstrel show, that not only her but to many non blacks use to get over/make money
    I only know Akwafina from Bojack Horseman but yeah. If Lupe Fiasco were to show up wearing a kimono or throwing in Japanese words in between English I don't think anyone would come to his defense. Hell when he said that he saw himself as Japanese he got clowned for it and rightfully so. I don't like clout chasing online but at the same time its odd that these celebrities (and their stans) think that people should only praise them and not criticize them.

Invincible Member

Joe isn't going anywhere. Spotify spent $100 million on him and they're going keep him to make a return on their investment.

Invincible Member

Thing is as far as holding people accountable, the alleged "Twitter mob" isn't effective in doing anything other than embarrassing certain types of celebrities. If they're so scary at "cancelling" everyone, why is Tucker Carlson still around? And Lara Ingraham? And the rest of the right wing loons? You even have liberals pretending to be victims of "the woke mob" cuz they can get free publicity that way.

Extraordinary Member

Ok personally, I think no sane person should be on Twitter unless it's to arrange a hookup or something.

If the Twitter-ate chased her off Twitter then they did her a favor.

Since I first came across her when she was a 3rd rate rapper, this isn't news to me. She just pulled the same shit Iggy Azalea and Kreshawn did only to less success ( in the Rap game anyway, which likely was never her end goal anyhow).

This particular kind of minstrelsy isn't anything new at all. That she is getting dissed for it now is more amusing/funny than anything else.

Extraordinary Member

They don't want to fight, not really.

They want to FEEL like they are fighting something. If the last 2 years taught us anything is that to get anything done peeps are gonna have to take it to the streets.

But that shit is uncomfortable, lol. It's cold out there and maybe you will get hit upside the head by Cops (unless you are a mob of White folk then they let you do whatever).

So these types get their justice on from a distance so they don't actually have to, you know, DO anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Thing is as far as holding people accountable, the alleged "Twitter mob" isn't effective in doing anything other than embarrassing certain types of celebrities. If they're so scary at "cancelling" everyone, why is Tucker Carlson still around? And Lara Ingraham? And the rest of the right wing loons? You even have liberals pretending to be victims of "the woke mob" cuz they can get free publicity that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Ok personally, I think no sane person should be on Twitter unless it's to arrange a hookup or something.

If the Twitter-ate chased her off Twitter then they did her a favor.

Since I first came across her when she was a 3rd rate rapper, this isn't news to me. She just pulled the same shit Iggy Azalea and Kreshawn did only to less success ( in the Rap game anyway, which likely was never her end goal anyhow).

This particular kind of minstrelsy isn't anything new at all. That she is getting dissed for it now is more amusing/funny than anything else.
    Fact, let not anyone forget, Twitter is not a real place. Or at least in the same way the lunch table in 10th grade wasn't a real place.

Never heard of Kreshawn before (I don't even dare YT) but at least Azalea showed a little skin in her 'act', in the end anyway. I'll see myself out.

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Fact, let not anyone forget, Twitter is not a real place. Or at least in the same way the lunch table in 10th grade wasn't a real place.

Never heard of Kreshawn before (I don't even dare YT) but at least Azalea showed a little skin in her 'act', in the end anyway. I'll see myself out.

Ur not missing much my brother