Page 671 of 828 FirstFirst ... 171571621661667668669670671672673674675681721771 ... LastLast
Results 10,051 to 10,065 of 12411
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I dont think it was faked. But I wonder just how made he really was. he laughed and seemed to think it was funny but she looked pissed about it. So I wonder if he did it more because she was mad. She seems to take the lead in their marriage. And it does not seem like the happiest marriage.
    Will Smith is a professional actor at this point.....he can laugh at something he deeply hates. An actor is a master at manipulating their facial expressions. Why do you think Chris Rock did NOT feel threatened when Will approached him to slap the heavens out of Chris?.....I am willing to bet that Will had a charming smile when he walked towards Chris.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Will Smith…my goodness.

What was that brother thinking?
    Jada has broken that man.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    What "little or no choice"?

Actors are take roles VOLUNTARILY.....it's not slavery, no body is forcing them to take those roles.

Many Asian actresses actively pursue those roles in fact.....even when u look at the dating history of many of the Asian actresses, a laaaarge amount of the exes and even current "lovers" are whitemen then they say it's only white guys with racial fetish?.... When many the Asian ladies themselves also ACTIVELY DISCRIMINATE against their own Asian men in pursuit of white guys?

Whites are also VERY fetishized by other races but naaaah it's only Whites who get accused of racial fetishes.
    I strongly disagree. Black men gets accussed of fetishizing women of other races ( especially white women) all the time.
    Last edited by ed2962; 03-28-2022 at 07:23 AM.

Invincible Member

Jada has broken that man.
    People say that because Will has this "nice guy" image and they aren't sure what to make of Will and Jada's open marriage, but he could left 20yrs ago if he wasn't happy with her. Jada's actually done interviews taking about the early days of their relationship when they would have an argument and she would try to yell at him and Will would check her. I don't believe he's a completely passive person in this relationship.
    Last edited by ed2962; 03-28-2022 at 09:27 AM.

Actors are take roles VOLUNTARILY.....it's not slavery, no body is forcing them to take those roles.
    Actors take the roles they are allowed to take. If these roles are all they are offered, they're going to either keep playing them despite their satisfaction or quit acting all together. They don't do this for fun, this is their job. It isn't unheard of for people to be stuck working crappy jobs they hate to keep a roof over their head.

Many Asian actresses actively pursue those roles in fact.....even when u look at the dating history of many of the Asian actresses, a laaaarge amount of the exes and even current "lovers" are whitemen then they say it's only white guys with racial fetish?.... When many the Asian ladies themselves also ACTIVELY DISCRIMINATE against their own Asian men in pursuit of white guys?

Whites are also VERY fetishized by other races but naaaah it's only Whites who get accused of racial fetishes.
    I neither know of nor care to discuss the dating lives of these actresses because I don't think that is at all relevant here.

Extraordinary Member

If Chris can stay calm when a couple white guys throw the n-word in his presence, then he can catch an open handed slap on live TV.

I have no dog in this fight, but the slap was hilarious.

Charlie Murphy would not be proud, Chris. Rick James might have cracked a smile.

Chris made a joke about Jada back in 2016.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 03-28-2022 at 08:57 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    People say that because Will has this "nice guy" image and they aren't sure what to make of Will and Jada's open marriage, but he could left 20yrs ago if he wasn't happy with her. Jada's actually done interviews taking about the early days of their relationship when they would have an argument and she would try to yell at her and Will would check her. I don't believe he's a completely passive person in this relationship.
    It is this weird sexist thing you see a lot. That a woman somehow makes a guy act out. You see it with the Kim /Kanye situation sometimes, and I have seen it with like the Prince Harry/Megan Markle relationship. Where the woman gets blamed like she's controlling or manipulating the guy. Instead of it being grown men making grown men decisions for good or bad.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    If Chris can stay calm when a couple white guys throw the n-word in his presence, then he can catch an open handed slap on live TV.

I have no dog in this fight, but the slap was hilarious.

Charlie Murphy would not be proud, Chris. Rick James might have cracked a smile.

Chris made a joke about Jada back in 2016.
    Not only stayed calm, but egged them on. It was Seinfeld of all people who was genuinely uncomfortable when CK Lewis and Ricky Gervais started dropping N-Bombs.

As a fan of professional wrestling, I'm looking at the whole Chris Rock/Will Smith/Jada Pinkett-Smith thing as a "work." Chris Rock and Will Smith have both filmed enough Hollywood fight scenes to know how to fake a punch or a slap and fake being punched or slapped. And unless you were backstage and could see it from a different angle, you have no way of knowing if Will's hand really connected with Chris's face or not. Trust me, Chris and Will and Jada may milk this for awhile, but someday they will all be laughing about how they played the whole world.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Extraordinary Member

I strongly disagree. Black men gets accussed of fetishizing women of other races ( especially white women) all the time.
    The difference is when and if and when somebody were to accuse White males of fetishizing whomever, they would be literally crying into a void. Nobody will give any kind of damn. Not the men who are doing it, not most of the women who are targeted by it. Not the media usually either. Virtually no one.

When someone makes such complaints about Black folks some elements of the community and our alt media may actually give them a hearing.

Extraordinary Member

Not only stayed calm, but egged them on. It was Seinfeld of all people who was genuinely uncomfortable when CK Lewis and Ricky Gervais started dropping N-Bombs.
    Yes, indeed. Jerry was the only normal in the room.

I lost all respect for Chris after that. Chris has mocked Jada before. Only a matter of time before Pookie caught a reckoning.

No matter how a messy a marriage looks, everybody has a breaking point. Recently, during an interview, a reporter inappropriately brought up Jada's last known dalliance.

Some have speculated Jada may have health issues. She's been dealing with alopecia.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 03-28-2022 at 02:37 PM.

Ultimate Member

While it's true taking roles is a choice-the issue MANY have is what is being offered.

Especially for POC.

Because not everyone has the balls to go to an audition that specifically asks for a certain race of person or some blind castings.

Arjay Smith's two most famous roles were meant for white males.
    Wesley Jonathan's most notable role was meant to be played by a white male and the casting stated a Tony Hawk lookalike.

Both were the only black males to audition for those roles.

Also some do not have a SAY in how the character should be. Ernie Hudson had that pull to get his character from Congo changed.

I strongly disagree. Black men gets accused of fetishizing women of other races ( especially white women) all the time.

When someone makes such complaints about Black folks some elements of the community and our alt media may actually give them a hearing.
    True.

When it's US it's funny how many trolls come a running to say they got an issue with it and to rally backlash.

As much SMACK Melissa McCarty tossed at everyone over Ghostbusters FUNNY it was Leslie Jones that caught the grief.
    Same with Michael B Jordan. Yet he has had more hits and success than his FF co-stars.

Funny how many have an issue a black woman in He-Man and a Black Bow in She-ra.

Funny how many more folks are praying for DC to fail when the black activity grows.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    As a fan of professional wrestling, I'm looking at the whole Chris Rock/Will Smith/Jada Pinkett-Smith thing as a "work." Chris Rock and Will Smith have both filmed enough Hollywood fight scenes to know how to fake a punch or a slap and fake being punched or slapped. And unless you were backstage and could see it from a different angle, you have no way of knowing if Will's hand really connected with Chris's face or not. Trust me, Chris and Will and Jada may milk this for awhile, but someday they will all be laughing about how they played the whole world.
    I really doubt this was a work and if it was one, Will is a dumb as a pile of rocks for going along with a work that gains him nothing.

Besides, he can't REALLY claim man points for laying hands on one of the most obviously harmless negroes alive, can he? What's next, putting Al Roker in a chokehold?

If it had been Katt Williams at the Academy (C'mon just work with me here) cracking those same jokes does Will try to get physical with him too. Probably not. For all any of us knows Katt carries a knife onstage, lol.

Look, the very last thing the Academy wants or needs is Negro drama. I can't think of anything LESS on brand for the Oscars then that. They didn't even have a remote set up to show Sean Penn melting his Oscars. I would have totally done that if I was them.

While CR is likely way to embarrassed to press charges against Will, he easily COULD have and that is ish NOBODY needs (on top of whatever investigation the Academy is supposedly gonna do).

I don't see the gain except for some clout among the Wendy Williams crowd that he grew past decades ago.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I really doubt this was a work and if it was one, Will is a dumb as a pile of rocks for going along with a work that gains him nothing.

Besides, he can't REALLY claim man points for laying hands on one of the most obviously harmless negroes alive, can he? What's next, putting Al Roker in a chokehold?

If it had been Katt Williams at the Academy (C'mon just work with me here) cracking those same jokes does Will try to get physical with him too. Probably not. For all any of us knows Katt carries a knife onstage, lol.

Look, the very last thing the Academy wants or needs is Negro drama. I can't think of anything LESS on brand for the Oscars then that. They didn't even have a remote set up to show Sean Penn melting his Oscars. I would have totally done that if I was them.

While CR is likely way to embarrassed to press charges against Will, he easily COULD have and that is ish NOBODY needs (on top of whatever investigation the Academy is supposedly gonna do).

I don't see the gain except for some clout among the Wendy Williams crowd that he grew past decades ago.
    This is why they are having a so-called "investigation"...they want to wait and see how much this has damaged the reputation of the Academy that they've been trying to update. They were trying so hard to show that they can be inclusive to other voices and show that they're hip to the streaming services and Will wrecked it by turning it into The Jerry Springer show.

From a while back...

While I totally get the "Knee Jerk..." reaction here? It seems like it could have gone downhill fast if the cat in the white suit had decided to get even remotely physical in return.