Page 690 of 828 FirstFirst ... 190590640680686687688689690691692693694700740790 ... LastLast
Results 10,336 to 10,350 of 12408
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I better not put this off any longer

I'm kinda private so this harder than it should be. Ok.

I want you all to know I'm not asking for anything. I have no GoFundMe I've been really lucky with my Stateinsurance . Only piece of luck I've had.

Last in June I was diagnosed with Stage 4 colon cancer. They put me on chemo right away. The initial mix was helpful. Later treatments less so.

So now the docs are trying a new therapy. I have no idea if it working or not. Nutrition is a major issue as my appetite is dead.

Any well wishes would be appreciated.

Don't know what even to say. Thanks for listening,
    Have you talked to your doctor about nutritional enemas? Particularly foods that are bioavailable and absorbable to the body such as liver and other foods. According to wikipedia nutritional enema extended the life of President Garfield in 1881.

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    Have you talked to your doctor about nutritional enemas? Particularly foods that are bioavailable and absorbable to the body such as liver and other foods. According to wikipedia nutritional enema extended the life of President Garfield in 1881.
    1. President Garfield didn't have cancer. He had been shot in the belly by an assassin, and he probably would not have died from the gunshot wound if the incompetent doctors of the time hadn't let the wound get so infected.

2. It was 1881. I would not trust nutritional information from that era.
    Watching television is not an activity.

I want you all to know I'm not asking for anything. I have no GoFundMe I've been really lucky with my Stateinsurance . Only piece of luck I've had.

Last in June I was diagnosed with Stage 4 colon cancer. They put me on chemo right away. The initial mix was helpful. Later treatments less so.

So now the docs are trying a new therapy. I have no idea if it working or not. Nutrition is a major issue as my appetite is dead.

Sorry to hear that, my popz had the same thing wish ya better luck with & a better recovery then he did..

I'm very sorry to hear this. I wish you the best.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Ultimate Member

Canada is severely tightening its gun control laws. I think thats for the best. No point in turning the country into a war zone "because oF muH FreEdom"!.

Although, I would argue this should have been done after the Quebec shooting a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Canada is severely tightening its gun control laws. I think thats for the best. No point in turning the country into a war zone "because oF muH FreEdom"!.

Although, I would argue this should have been done after the Quebec shooting a while back.
    Not a bad idea since, from the outside, it seems like trump-ism infected a decent amount of Canada too
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

To get back on topic a touch...

Is the black chick playing the Inquistor in Obi-Wan really a mediocre actress or is this SW fans picking on minorities again?

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Best wishes and good luck.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Is the black chick playing the Inquistor in Obi-Wan really a mediocre actress or is this SW fans picking on minorities again?
    I was literally about to post about that.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/star...-moses-ingram/

She's been getting a ton of hate, a lot of it racist as expected. But that's not surprising considering what's been happening in geek fandom in recent years.

Although I must say that her character (Reva) isn't particularly well written or well-thought out. The character's depiction is rather grating and frankly could have been a lot more subtle.

BANNED

For some people minority characters are always going to have to perform way better than generic white guy/gal #23 before they can be labeled "one of the good ones". I've seen memes about backflips (and a bit of criticism about the two grown aliens chasing a kid, to be fair), but haven't seen the show as I've been burned too many times between the prequels, sequels, and the Mandalorian that I'm pretty much putting Star Wars on the back burner until I'm tapped out on other media to consume.

She's been getting a ton of hate, a lot of it racist as expected. But that's not surprising considering what's been happening in geek fandom in recent years.

Although I must say that her character (Reva) isn't particularly well written or well-thought out. The character's depiction is rather grating and frankly could have been a lot more subtle.
    I watched Obi-Wan yesterday and I liked it, but it really does seem like Reva has a major axe to grind with Obi-Wan, maybe we'll find out why later on, it's got to be more than just winning Vader's favor. I have to say though, I am a little burned out on Star-Wars, I could use a new sci-fi show to watch. Ever since Disney took over it's started to feel less...special I guess. Maybe it's rose tinted glasses on my part, it didn't feel as all over the place then as it does now.
    Last edited by Overhazard; 05-31-2022 at 06:51 AM.

I was never that enthused by SW movies tbh. Even the OT was cool but not like "OMG!" to me as a kid. The prequels were terrible outside of lightsaber fights and no amount of memes will suddenly make it not terrible lol. ST was rehashed to mind boggling depending on the scene.

I like the CW cartoon (in regards to jedi, im not watching bad batch or whatever). I really liked Mando but liked it more when it gets away from "remember this guy/gal!" stuff. Boba sucked except for when Mando was around lol.

Rogue One may have been my favorite film tbh and its not something i'll watch again

Extraordinary Member

I tend to think there’s too types of racism at play in attacking modern Star Wars - one is a largely impotent and insecure segment of social media blatantly being racist as loud as possible but having no impact on its own, and the other being a quieter, more insidious institutional racism that occasionally crops up within LFL and genuinely hurts the profit margins just as much as the talent. The second group can open up unfortunate avenues of attack for the first group, which will then try to define the hurt profit margins as coming from diversity rather than institutional racism, and can unfortunately help “cover up” the second group’s issues with their more vocal racism, and obscure overall how much the actual execution and directing of the characters and story might be its own problem.

Like, clearly, Disney LFL has realized that most of the jackasses who will holler the most racism aren’t actually impacting the bottom line - for all the invective they threw at The Force Awakens, it’s still the second most profitable Star Wars movie of all time, and it’s notable that Rogue One, The Mandalorian, and The Book of Boba Fett are their most successful products in the long run and don’t actually have WASP male leads anywhere among the heroes.

But… it’s also notable that they greenlit some blatantly prejudiced choices with The Last Jedi and Solo, that there’s some questionable design choices bordering on “white washing” that can creep into some of their cartoons. And while the cartoon art department does seem to have enough humility to admit some of their mistakes, Disney LFL seems willing to totally back up the racism and sexism of The Last Jedi and die on that hill rather than admit a mistake, even going so far as to implicitly sabotage some elements of The Rise of Skywalker to avoid uncomfortable diversity on their part.

Like, they’ll offer some (occasionally tepid and strictly nominal) support to their actresses and actors, but they still seem personally affronted by the fact that John Boyega was a better male lead who had better chemistry with Daisy Ridley than Adam Driver, and hate Finn because of it while still pimping out Rey in a sexist way towards Kylo.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I tend to think there’s too types of racism at play in attacking modern Star Wars - one is a largely impotent and insecure segment of social media blatantly being racist as loud as possible but having no impact on its own, and the other being a quieter, more insidious institutional racism that occasionally crops up within LFL and genuinely hurts the profit margins just as much as the talent. The second group can open up unfortunate avenues of attack for the first group, which will then try to define the hurt profit margins as coming from diversity rather than institutional racism, and can unfortunately help “cover up” the second group’s issues with their more vocal racism, and obscure overall how much the actual execution and directing of the characters and story might be its own problem.

Like, clearly, Disney LFL has realized that most of the jackasses who will holler the most racism aren’t actually impacting the bottom line - for all the invective they threw at The Force Awakens, it’s still the second most profitable Star Wars movie of all time, and it’s notable that Rogue One, The Mandalorian, and The Book of Boba Fett are their most successful products in the long run and don’t actually have WASP male leads anywhere among the heroes.

But… it’s also notable that they greenlit some blatantly prejudiced choices with The Last Jedi and Solo, that there’s some questionable design choices bordering on “white washing” that can creep into some of their cartoons. And while the cartoon art department does seem to have enough humility to admit some of their mistakes, Disney LFL seems willing to totally back up the racism and sexism of The Last Jedi and die on that hill rather than admit a mistake, even going so far as to implicitly sabotage some elements of The Rise of Skywalker to avoid uncomfortable diversity on their part.

Like, they’ll offer some (occasionally tepid and strictly nominal) support to their actresses and actors, but they still seem personally affronted by the fact that John Boyega was a better male lead who had better chemistry with Daisy Ridley than Adam Driver, and hate Finn because of it while still pimping out Rey in a sexist way towards Kylo.
    Oh they don't care about the loud ones at all lol.

The loud ones WATCH THE SHOW and then get on social media and start loudly complaining everywhere, making YT videos, which leads to articles on bigger websites... aka it is all free advertising.

The subtle institutionalized racism is always the worst. The systemic **** that moves in silence. The stuff you can't outright prove but feel.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

She is a bad character that is not well written. There is some racists out there that hate her character for being black. But to say that is the only reason she is getting hate is not true. Reva is just a bad character.

Not the Fault of the actress. Just bad writing.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.