Page 7 of 824 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107507 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Funny thing about the Martians on Supergirl. They're all black. Not just J'onn and his dad, but M'gann, Till'all, the other white Martians, all black. I like the martians, but I didnt know to feel about it.
    And on the original series of Star Trek, most of the actors who played Vulcans were Jewish. How should we feel about that?

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    And on the original series of Star Trek, most of the actors who played Vulcans were Jewish. How should we feel about that?
    Hopefully the same way if they'd all been played by christians! Seriously though, Jewish people don't consider ourselves a race unto ourselves. It's a really sore subject. Like I'm Jewish through my mother, because her mother fled Nazi Germany when she was a child, but because I don't practice Judaism, under reform rules I would not be considered a real Jew, even though I have the matrilineal lineage (which is an old outdated custom they followed because in the days before Maury, only the mother could be conclusively proven.) So even though I qualify for Israeli citizenship, being Israeli would in and of itself not necessarily be considered proof of being Jewish. The question of who counts is SUPER-convoluted. (You should see the hoops Ethiopian Jews have to jump through to prove legitimacy.)
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Even if they did get "The Batman" off the ground, who would he fight, Clayface, Tweedle-dee and Tweedle-dumb, the Mad Hatter, Kite Man, Killer Moth? I don't think anyone wants to see Batman fight the joker or bane again.
    Is Affleck in or out.
    It was supposed to be the dude who played Alcide in Trueblood as Deathstroke versus Batman.

Clayface and Manbat are 2 characters I'd like to see on the big screen, particularly as Clayface could be used to play up the paranoid side of Bruce. Lady Shiva would be cool to see as a villain, as would Deacon Blackfire or less campy versions of Mr. Freeze or Poison Ivy. Hush could be a villain in a film and The Red Hood is a fan favorite. Not to mention all the Batfamily heroes that people like or organizations like Spyral or The Court of Owls.

There's a lot of untapped source material for the films

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    And more of RJ Cyler!

I mentioned this before but both myself and my cousin's son ( whom I call my nephew) are on the spectrum and seeing a positive portrayal like that of someone with Autism really meant a lot to us.
    Have you been watching Claws by any chance?

Ruby Rose has deleted her Twitter account and disabled comments on her Instagram page after backlash to the news that she landed the role of Batwoman in The CW's Arrowverse.

Although the Aussie actress had expressed nothing but excitement and enthusiasm after the news of her casting hit, some people took issue with her playing Kate Kane and decided to hound her about it on social media. Why? A bunch of reasons too ridiculous to mention, but some members of the LGBT community had a problem with the (false) perception that Rose hadn't publicly identified as lesbian.

Rose Tweeted the following shortly before disabling her account:

“Where on earth did ‘Ruby is not a lesbian therefore she can’t be batwoman’ come from?” she tweeted. “I came out at 12? And have for the past 5 years had to deal with “she’s too gay” how do y’all flip it like that? I didn’t change.”
    Hopefully Ruby returns to Twitter at some point, but even if she does this has to be marked down as another worrying instance of toxic fandom in full effect.

so, what happened here lol?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    so, what happened here lol?
    Folks didn't let the facts get in the way of criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Have you been watching Claws by any chance?
    Im not familiar with that, what is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Im not familiar with that, what is it?
    I guess you could call it a dark crime comedy. Women at a nail salon money launder for the local don and...hijinks ensue as plans always barrel out of control and such.

Anyway the main character is Desna, played by Niecy Nash, has an Autistic brother, Dean, that she takes care played by Harold Perrineau. And Dean has had some great story arcs including becoming a stripper, getting engaged, and showing he's smarter and more independent than Desna gave him credit for. He even saved the day in the season 2 finale which is as of the time of this writing about...12 hours old? It was an awesome moment that actually bookended the season.

And...you've never heard of it. Which is kind of ironic since you were just raving about RJ Cyler as Billy in Power Rangers. Like Billy Dean is really the heart of the show. He has some of the best one liners but he's never played as the comic relief which I think is great.

AmenRah

Ive never seen a white bat
    So why isnt bat man a black man?

Extraordinary Member

We saw the Berlanti-verse's problem with Black Males most clearly with the actor that played Wally West on Flash.

Now the show goes out of its way to introduce the character then does nothing with him. Not even the obvious stuff.

Flash is a show where the plots rely really hard on the lead doing stupid stuff, they could have had Wally do rookie mistakes rather than have a lead character who keeps making the same mistakes after 4 seasons.
    If its somebody new making these mistakes its less silly.

They couldn't even give Lonsdale a whole episode as the hero of Central City when Flash isn't around but they managed to give that to Iris West's Actress(don't get me wrong I'm all for the Producers appeasing her in general, but fair's fair).

They didn't want to do any "Barry teaches Wally to be a hero" plotlines yet the introduce Elongated Man whose entire purpose on the show as near as I can tell is to be mentored by Barry.

It got so bad that they transferred Wally to Legends of Tomorrow where he replaced Jax as the "black guy who gets no plotlines" on a show where EVERYBODY even the old dude that played
    Professor Stein, gets a love interest storyline or a crisis of conscience storyline or both.

No wonder he quit.

I notice that Heat Wave, the monosyllabic pyromanic dude has gotten more character development than ever POC on Legends put together and he's practically comedy relief.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    We saw the Berlanti-verse's problem with Black Males most clearly with the actor that played Wally West on Flash.

Now the show goes out of its way to introduce the character then does nothing with him. Not even the obvious stuff.

Flash is a show where the plots rely really hard on the lead doing stupid stuff, they could have had Wally do rookie mistakes rather than have a lead character who keeps making the same mistakes after 4 seasons.
    If its somebody new making these mistakes its less silly.

They couldn't even give Lonsdale a whole episode as the hero of Central City when Flash isn't around but they managed to give that to Iris West's Actress(don't get me wrong I'm all for the Producers appeasing her in general, but fair's fair).

They didn't want to do any "Barry teaches Wally to be a hero" plotlines yet the introduce Elongated Man whose entire purpose on the show as near as I can tell is to be mentored by Barry.

It got so bad that they transferred Wally to Legends of Tomorrow where he replaced Jax as the "black guy who gets no plotlines" on a show where EVERYBODY even the old dude that played
    Professor Stein, gets a love interest storyline or a crisis of conscience storyline or both.

No wonder he quit.

I notice that Heat Wave, the monosyllabic pyromanic dude has gotten more character development than ever POC on Legends put together and he's practically comedy relief.
    There was a brief thing between Wally and Jesse Quick, but it didn't really go anywhere.

Just like Jimmy and Kara on Supergirl, except it was worse. They had mutual feelings for one another, eventually realized said feelings, and actually got together for five seconds at the end of the first season, they act like it never happened in the second season which is part of the reason Mon-El got so much hate, the other being Lena. Then they turned him into Guardian with a lame-ass costume, put him in an idiotic "girls rule boys drool" storyline with Winn, made him the boss of Cat-Co, pushed him into a relationship with Lena (angering the fans who want Kara/Lena to be a thing even more, they'll probably ship Kara with Batwoman now though.)

Then at the end of the season, he outed himself as Guardian, which seemed like a big deal, they treated him like he was a Batman level vigilante, but I never saw him as being that effective.
    Last edited by Overhazard; 08-13-2018 at 10:28 AM.

I don't watch the show but didn't she also break up with Wally by having her dad deliver a video recording of her?

Ultimate Member

I must have missed the memo-

http://shawnsjames.blogspot.com/2018...l#comment-form

If these women wanted to share their interest in the same hobbies and interests men participate in like comic books and video games they could do so in their own female spaces. However, most women don’t want to create their own personal spaces to engage in male hobbies. They want to encroach on the male space and eventually take it over for themselves.

Feminists just don’t understand that there are male personal spaces and there are female personal spaces. Places like Barbershops, comic book stores and gyms are places where men come together to relax and be in the company of other men. It’s in these places where men feel comfortable about being a man and being masculine and expressing their natural masculinity.
    When has comic book stores been fore men only? Let alone gyms.

And why would I want them to be in their own places? I mean take out women and place other races-is that not segregation?

Ultimate Member

I must have missed the memo-

http://shawnsjames.blogspot.com/2018...l#comment-form

If these women wanted to share their interest in the same hobbies and interests men participate in like comic books and video games they could do so in their own female spaces. However, most women don’t want to create their own personal spaces to engage in male hobbies. They want to encroach on the male space and eventually take it over for themselves.

Feminists just don’t understand that there are male personal spaces and there are female personal spaces. Places like Barbershops, comic book stores and gyms are places where men come together to relax and be in the company of other men. It’s in these places where men feel comfortable about being a man and being masculine and expressing their natural masculinity.
    When has comic book stores been fore men only? Let alone gyms.

And why would I want them to be in their own places? I mean take out women and place other races-is that not segregation?

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I guess you could call it a dark crime comedy. Women at a nail salon money launder for the local don and...hijinks ensue as plans always barrel out of control and such.

Anyway the main character is Desna, played by Niecy Nash, has an Autistic brother, Dean, that she takes care played by Harold Perrineau. And Dean has had some great story arcs including becoming a stripper, getting engaged, and showing he's smarter and more independent than Desna gave him credit for. He even saved the day in the season 2 finale which is as of the time of this writing about...12 hours old? It was an awesome moment that actually bookended the season.

And...you've never heard of it. Which is kind of ironic since you were just raving about RJ Cyler as Billy in Power Rangers. Like Billy Dean is really the heart of the show. He has some of the best one liners but he's never played as the comic relief which I think is great.
    I dont really watch too much tv anymore as its a big time commitment. I find movies are easier. Still, I will give this one a look