Page 712 of 828 FirstFirst ... 212612662702708709710711712713714715716722762812 ... LastLast
Results 10,666 to 10,680 of 12411
    Invincible Member

Regarding Batgirl...I saw that Warners Bros also just cancelled some Scooby Doo thing that cost $40 mil and was already completed.

Completed movies and TV shows are cancelled all the time. There's even a couple infamous superhero ones that were eventually leaked or bootlegged. It's not about quality though, it's more about whether they think they're going to make their money back.

Having said that...while I'm sure BG wasn't cancelled just because it had a WoC and LGBT characters, I'm sure that fact certainly didn't help it in the minds of the execs.

The fucks that killed Breonna Taylor have been federally charged for her murder. A far cry from the single count of disturbing Taylor's neighbors with the violence of her murder the state went with. Those assholes lied on a postal worker, murdered and conspired to cover up that same murder and the City of Louisville let those shits intimidate and harassed anybody daring to question it. What wastes.

“The Justice Department has charged four current and former Louisville Metro Police Department officers with federal crimes related to Breonna Taylor’s death,” said Attorney General Merrick B. Garland. “Among other things, the federal charges announced today allege that members of LMPD’s Place-Based Investigations Unit falsified the affidavit used to obtain the search warrant of Ms. Taylor’s home, that this act violated federal civil rights laws, and that those violations resulted in Ms. Taylor’s death. Breonna Taylor should be alive today.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

It is one thing if they did everything by the letter and something got screwed up but it wasn't "their fault" etc. And then immediately cooperated and went "this was just a huge mistake" type of thing.

Instead... it is all a GD mess leading up to it and turned into abigger mess afterwards. 100% corrupt and inept at the same time.

And this whole thing just goes to show how much race in involved in this crap because every 2a type person should be on "our" side with stuff like this. Instead it is just more excuses to "back the blue"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It is one thing if they did everything by the letter and something got screwed up but it wasn't "their fault" etc. And then immediately cooperated and went "this was just a huge mistake" type of thing.

Instead... it is all a GD mess leading up to it and turned into abigger mess afterwards. 100% corrupt and inept at the same time.

And this whole thing just goes to show how much race in involved in this crap because every 2a type person should be on "our" side with stuff like this. Instead it is just more excuses to "back the blue"
    2A Person: "I need my gun to protect myself and my family from the tyranny of the state."

The state breaks into the wrong house and murders a woman in her sleep.

2A Person: "She was dating a drug dealing thug, she knew what she was getting into, all lives matter, back the blue, the cops need more money and weapons. I want to emulate The Punisher because I think he's cool, no, I don't read comics, why do you ask?"
    Last edited by Overhazard; 08-05-2022 at 06:20 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    The fucks that killed Breonna Taylor have been federally charged for her murder. A far cry from the single count of disturbing Taylor's neighbors with the violence of her murder the state went with. Those assholes lied on a postal worker, murdered and conspired to cover up that same murder and the City of Louisville let those shits intimidate and harassed anybody daring to question it. What wastes.
    Finally. Those officers are reckless, corrupt murderers.

I don’t understand how US police are protected as much as they are.

Outside of some brutal dictatorships, police officers are much more accountable in other parts of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Finally. Those officers are reckless, corrupt murderers.

Outside of some brutal dictatorships, police officers are much more accountable in other parts of the world.
    There is a strange love here for cops and the military. Most kids only join the service because of the GI bill, there are a lot of other benefits of being in the military as well. There have been a million tv shows about cops. In fact Police unions (which are as corrupt as the day is long) are the only labor unions right wingers don't seem to have a problem with.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    There is a strange love here for cops and the military. Most kids only join the service because of the GI bill, there are a lot of other benefits of being in the military as well. There have been a million tv shows about cops. In fact Police unions (which are as corrupt as the day is long) are the only labor unions right wingers don't seem to have a problem with.
    I actually watched a documentary about how the US police and law enforcement in general were “laundered” to make them look more heroic. I believe it stated with “J.Edgar Hoover” actually connecting with Hollywood to improve their depiction in movies and tv.

In older movies, law enforcement weren’t necessarily treated like heroes and in many cases were depicted as bumbling buffoons (Keystone Cops being a prime example).

It’s telling how much US society is shaped by media and entertainment. Policemen have been elevated to hero status when in reality that simply isn’t the case (my brother retired from the NYPD, I’ve heard first hand accounts of the nonsense that goes on in the force).

no one liked cops until it became an "us vs them" thing

No one likes getting pulled over for stupid shit or dealing with arrogant aholes.... until it became a political thing and then everyone started licking boots.

It isn't like it was minorites who started the common "donut pig" type comments.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Sugar Punch Designs looks at the Brazilian martial art of Capoiera and its use in fighting games. He points out how Eddy Gordo was in fact not the first Capoiera fighter in fighting games though he did popularize the art in some way. He also points out that there is a difference between Capoeira and dance fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I actually watched a documentary about how the US police and law enforcement in general were “laundered” to make them look more heroic. I believe it stated with “J.Edgar Hoover” actually connecting with Hollywood to improve their depiction in movies and tv.

In older movies, law enforcement weren’t necessarily treated like heroes and in many cases were depicted as bumbling buffoons (Keystone Cops being a prime example).

It’s telling how much US society is shaped by media and entertainment. Policemen have been elevated to hero status when in reality that simply isn’t the case (my brother retired from the NYPD, I’ve heard first hand accounts of the nonsense that goes on in the force).
    This is true. The tv show FBI that ran from 1965 to 1974 could not shoot an episode unless Hoover (When he was alive) approved the script first. The Same is true for the movie FBI Story. And if a show had the FBI in it many of the studio heads would get the okay from Hoover first and he only gave it if it presented The FBI in a good light.

With Jack Webb when he created Dragnet he did so to show the police in a good light because he was upset at the ridiculous amount of abuse shown to the police by the public and press on a daily basis. He wanted to show the police as working class heroes and wanted to preform a public service to the police in his show.

He refused to do any episode that showed the police as incompetent, corrupt and dishonest as a whole. Though he would allow the odd episode with a dirty cop but it had to show the cop being taken down by the other honest police who did not stand for that type of thing.

It was the same for the spin off 1 Adam 12. It had the same standards.
    Last edited by babyblob; 08-05-2022 at 01:48 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Sugar Punch Designs looks at the Brazilian martial art of Capoiera and its use in fighting games. He points out how Eddy Gordo was in fact not the first Capoiera fighter in fighting games though he did popularize the art in some way. He also points out that there is a difference between Capoeira and dance fighting.

I actually used to practice capoeria when I was in high school. I kind of can't anymore. Stupid back pain, yoga helps but I still have flares. It's still kind of sad how Capoeria, along with boxing and kickboxing, are the only fighting styles black characters get pidgeon holed into in fighting games.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

South African superhero show on Netflix coming soon. It looks like black panther and wonder woman had a baby
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Regarding Batgirl...I saw that Warners Bros also just cancelled some Scooby Doo thing that cost $40 mil and was already completed.

Completed movies and TV shows are cancelled all the time. There's even a couple infamous superhero ones that were eventually leaked or bootlegged. It's not about quality though, it's more about whether they think they're going to make their money back.

Having said that...while I'm sure BG wasn't cancelled just because it had a WoC and LGBT characters, I'm sure that fact certainly didn't help it in the minds of the execs.
    If that is the case-never should have greenlighted the movie.

Especially when your company is in debt.

Especially when your company has a COLLECTION of movies and shows that never got released yet were complete. Looking at you CW/WB Lost in Space Pilot and 8 Days A Week.

$70 million? It's coming out even if it's NOT complete in post production. Not when this same company pandered to a certain group that harass folks nonstop. Along with a movie where the lead is out of control with Flash.

Axing Batgirl probably cost you some future work with folks.

Ultimate Member

2A Person: "I need my gun to protect myself and my family from the tyranny of the state."

The state breaks into the wrong house and murders a woman in her sleep.

2A Person: "She was dating a drug dealing thug, she knew what she was getting into, all lives matter, back the blue, the cops need more money and weapons. I want to emulate The Punisher because I think he's cool, no, I don't read comics, why do you ask?"
    That thug was no longer living with her and was LONG gone.

She got rid of him and yet the cops did NOT know that???

Because not all cops are pieces of crap. The majority just do their job.

The issues we are having is there is no way to filter out those who have ZERO business being cops in the first place.

Along with dealing with parts of the public that do NOT want the law to apply to them.

Along with (and this applies to schools too) a lack of folks who GREW UP in these communities and serving said communities.

How many cops live in the communities that they serve?

How many cops are from areas where the only image of a black person is jock, rapper, thug and whatever Fox News puts out?

Then you wonder why we have incidents at colleges. Kid expects a black guy built like Luke Cage to be a thug but he's really Steve Urkel.

My last year in college-we had white Freshman-just SCARED of black students. Why? They were from cities where there was no black population.

Ultimate Member

https://bleedingcool.com/tv/first-ki...ct-showrunner/

With the ax falling on the supernatural drama series First Kill after its first season, showrunner Felicia D. Henderson turned the blame to Netflix and how it handled its marketing.

"I so enthusiastically signed on to this show [because] it has something for everyone," Henderson told The Daily Beast, "Strong women leads, supernatural intrigue, an epic, Shakespearean battle between warring families, and a prominently featured Black family in the genre space, something Black viewers crave and a general audience needs to be treated to."

Henderson further explained that the marketing never went beyond the teenage lesbian vampire element. "The art for the initial marketing was beautiful. I think I expected that to be the beginning and that the other equally compelling and important elements of the show — monsters vs. monster hunters, the battle between two powerful matriarchs, etc. — would eventually be promoted, and that didn't happen."