Page 738 of 828 FirstFirst ... 238638688728734735736737738739740741742748788 ... LastLast
Results 11,056 to 11,070 of 12411

Does it actually get into the problems with BLM (aka leadership and the real problems) or is it just conspiracy laden babble like usual?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Does it actually get into the problems with BLM (aka leadership and the real problems) or is it just conspiracy laden babble like usual?
    Well, I watched her "eulogy" for BLM, and it's the psuedo-intellectual "black people just want to be victims" stuff that she and the daily wire are known for. There are legitimate things one can criticize about BLM without getting to the "George Floyd was no saint" and "Why are black people destroying their own cities." Even though most of the protests were peaceful. The media just covered the violent ones the most, it's The Daily Wire, they do everything in bad faith.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Owens isn't human to me. I can't laugh at her antics even ironically. It's one thing to be a sell-out; it's another thing entirely to actively collude with the people who want us on the south end of a tree branch.

Maybe the way her biracial children will inevitably be treated in that tolerant hub of racial sensitivity, England, will reawaken her to her melatonin, but it's more likely she'll ask her crying kids what they did wrong to get taunted by their classmates.
    I've deliberately stayed away from the political stuff lately but the Candace Owens thing is entering the realm of the bizarre.

Owens is basically the racist mouthpiece of the Daily Wire. How? Basically, Shapiro and co can't openly say racist (particularly anti-black racist stuff) but they need the white supremacist crowd because that crowd is a crucial part of American conservatism (anyone denying this is either flat-out stupid or terribly hypocritical). Candace can say all the anti-black stuff she does because she's black and that provides the much-needed comfort the white supremacists need. It's become so bizarre that even her own boss (Shapiro) was struggling to explain her defense of Kanye West's antisemitism (as an aside, Kanye West claims he's some free-thinker but he does not have a single original idea).

As I said, I've decided to stay away from the political debates because too many people subscribe to anti-black racism (note, I use the term anti-black racism because it's different than general bigotry). I mean, even some other minority groups (a lot of whom even have darker skin than some black people) have been "gaslighted" into subscribing to this nonsense.

It's become too exhausting for me and I suspect that's the case for many POC hence they a lot of them just quietly vote when it's time without too much fuss.
    Last edited by Username taken; 10-15-2022 at 08:23 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Well, I watched her "eulogy" for BLM, and it's the psuedo-intellectual "black people just want to be victims" stuff that she and the daily wire are known for. There are legitimate things one can criticize about BLM without getting to the "George Floyd was no saint" and "Why are black people destroying their own cities." Even though most of the protests were peaceful. The media just covered the violent ones the most, it's The Daily Wire, they do everything in bad faith.
    Regarding BLM, particularly their co-founder (Patrisse Cullors) is there real concrete evidence to the allegations against her?

I'm really curious because she admitted to hosting a party on the property that BLM purchased but beyond that, there does seem to be a lot of conjecture. I'm legit curious because EVERY black civil rights organization has been accused of stuff without real evidence behind them.

I'm not saying the organization and Patrisse aren't guilty of any wrong but I am genuinely curious because no one seems to have done a deep dive into the organization. Also, Patrisse is a black, female, and queer woman, the three things that trigger certain quarters the most, and certain people will be working overtime to discredit her.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Regarding BLM, particularly their co-founder (Patrisse Cullors) is there real concrete evidence to the allegations against her?

I'm really curious because she admitted to hosting a party on the property that BLM purchased but beyond that, there does seem to be a lot of conjecture. I'm legit curious because EVERY black civil rights organization has been accused of stuff without real evidence behind them.

I'm not saying the organization and Patrisse aren't guilty of any wrong but I am genuinely curious because no one seems to have done a deep dive into the organization. Also, Patrisse is a black, female, and queer woman, the three things that trigger certain quarters the most, and certain people will be working overtime to discredit her.
    To be fair, how did Patrisse afford those multi-million dollar homes (plural). Did she always have that level of wealth?

I doubt it.

Has she stated where or how she got that money?....Nope!

What has BLM organisation done with those funds so far?... Have they opened soup kitchens or... provide medical subsidies or refurbished some schools or clinics... or started a started a university scholarship program?... What? I ask because i have heard nothing from the organization towards practical developmental initiatives for the black community.

May be i am out of the proverbial loop. If so, please can someone tell me what they have done developmentally "for the culture" since the protests ended.
    Last edited by Besouro; 10-17-2022 at 11:00 AM.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

You guys see Ye on TMZ today? He can **** right the **** off. He's a George Floyd truther now, blaming his death on drugs on national television. I hope the inevitable lawsuit breaks his bank. His kids`ll be fine, they're Kardashians.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    You guys see Ye on TMZ today? He can **** right the **** off. He's a George Floyd truther now, blaming his death on drugs on national television. I hope the inevitable lawsuit breaks his bank. His kids`ll be fine, they're Kardashians.
    Kanye is disgusting. He's actually buying Parler (whose CEO I just found out is Candace Owens's husband).

The worst thing about this is how his fans constantly defend his nonsense (some idiots actually voted for him during the last Presidential elections). It's symbolic of the day and age that we live in that people just follow their "celebrities" so blindly that they become stupid.

It's funny how Kanye screams about "free thinking" when all that entails is just regurgitating far-right talking points.

That being said, it'll be hard for the Floyd family to win any suit against him. They have to be able to prove that Ye's words are causing material harm to them which I'm not sure it is at the moment. Alex Jones is in a deep, deep hole because the victims' families were actively harassed, attacked, and almost killed by his crazy followers. Alex Jones himself is still talking crap about the victims' families which pretty much ensures he's going down eventually.

What's even wilder is that Kanye actually supported the Floyd family with $2m after the man's death.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Kanye is disgusting. He's actually buying Parler (whose CEO I just found out is Candace Owens's husband).
    Ahhhhhhh, bro! You should call yourself Inspector Barnaby, you just solved the mystery of why Owens is buttering him up so hard. Just another goddamn hustle A.K.A. a fool and his money are soon Parlered.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Kanye has to keep paying him too for the tech part

Ye just got fleeced but hes so damn rich it won't affect them.

Owen's family grift game is level 100

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Creed III trailer out, looks hard. Guess I need to get around to part II, my mans Jonathan Majors is in this one though.
    Super Villain team-up activate.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Creed III trailer out, looks hard. Guess I need to get around to part II, my mans Jonathan Majors is in this one though.
    Super Villain team-up activate.
    Kang vs Killmonger was the fight we never knew we needed.

https://www.screengeek.net/2022/10/1...er-man-marvel/

idk anytihng about wonder man nor care about him but there ya go

Extraordinary Member

Wonder Man was a childhood favorite before John Byrne ruined him, imo.

If he gets the role, it will be interesting to see who would be cast as his brother, the Grim Reaper.

I'm also curious if the MCU will use Simon's comic history with Wanda and the Vision.

Black Manta as Wonder Man would be so random.

tbh, feels like a waste of his talents