Page 741 of 828 FirstFirst ... 241641691731737738739740741742743744745751791 ... LastLast
Results 11,101 to 11,115 of 12412
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I've seen his net worth estimated from about $1.3 bil to $6.5bil. I think the Addias deal was for $500 mil? So, Even if he's at the lower end, he's still close. But it's his own fault. He could have clarified his statements or apologized but spent the last two weeks going on every show he could to not only double down but say even worse stuff. Then he goes on a podcast bragging, "I can say antisemitic stuff and they can't drop me, so now what?" So West effed around and found out...

As far as Kim, well...Kanye spent like what, the last year and half begging for her to take him back in the most public and embarrassing way. She's pretty much shown everyone that that ship has sailed.
    According to Forbes, Kanye isn’t a billionaire anymore.

https://twitter.com/Forbes/status/1584939115178590216

He said it himself before Adidas dropped him that he won’t be a billionaire anymore without that deal. I don’t believe he was ever a billionaire, the way Forbes proclaims people as billionaires has been very messy in the last decade or so.

The rate at which Kanye’s associates and business partners are dropping him, he might quickly find himself in a financial hole.

I find it hard to care.

Dudes made threatening, ignorant, and downright offensive comments about other groups and everyone just went "oh kanye take your meds"

Dude said some anti-semetic stuff and got in shit FAST.

Just goes to show where the power is in the world.

"slavery was a choice" and no one cared lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I find it hard to care.

Dudes made threatening, ignorant, and downright offensive comments about other groups and everyone just went "oh kanye take your meds"

Dude said some anti-semetic stuff and got in shit FAST.

"slavery was a choice" and no one cared lol
    I like to think this is less "no one cared" and more "this was the final straw". But that's just me.

This in itself is kind of an antisemitic trope too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    This in itself is kind of an antisemitic trope too.
    Sure, that is fair. It is awfully convenient how often that seems to happen though. Like why didn't JBrown drop out after the slavery is a choice comment lol?

But I said what I said, adidas can't drop me.... /s lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Sure, that is fair. It is awfully convenient how often that seems to happen though. Like why didn't JBrown drop out after the slavery is a choice comment lol?

But I said what I said, adidas can't drop me.... /s lol
    I understand what you're getting at but please take care not to indulge anti-semitic tropes in the process yourself. One of the most notorious examples of it is a statement consistently attributed to Voltaire that was made instead by white supremacist Kevin Storm.

"To determine the true rulers of any society, all you must do is ask yourself this question: Who is it that I am not permitted to criticize?"
    Just be aware, is all I'm saying.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I like to think this is less "no one cared" and more "this was the final straw". But that's just me.
    When it comes to Kanye, I think so as well. This wasn't just a comment or two. He's been on a two week long tirade.

I don't think it's a case that no one cares when you criticize black people. Just last week we had a politician forced to step down when tapes came out of her criticizing a colleague for being "with the blacks" and calling another colleague's black son a monkey. So there's consequences for saying racist stuff about other minorities.

On the other hand, it's interesting that this latest controversy started when Diddy came at Ye because Ye is selling low-key anti-black T-Shirts. Someone thought that it was fine for Ye to parade around at their high end fashion show in such a thing.

Hey, has anyone heard from Vic Vega at all recently? Here or another forum?

It seems like his last activity was in July.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    This is what I think as well.

The guy literally, LITERALLY said he could say stuff and Addidas won't drop me.

He was pushing and pushing and pushing until it got to this point.

Probably part of the problem with his anti-black stuff is that he is black. That gives him an awful lot of cover for that stuff, because (most) white folks will mostly be hesitant to go on about how a black guy is racist against black people, and (most) black people won't want to put a lot of energy in going after another black person, even if they're one as problematic as Kanye.

Meanwhile, he's been both a tool and agent of the far right, because you can't tell me he would have been hanging out in the White House if he wasn't seen as providing cover for the then-president's racism. Maybe he will be the next horrible GOP candidate, after Walker.
    Last edited by Adam Allen; 10-26-2022 at 11:31 AM.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    Probably part of the problem with his anti-black stuff is that he is black. That gives him an awful lot of cover for that stuff, because (most) white folks will mostly be hesitant to go on about how a black guy racist against black people, and (most) black people won't want to put a lot of energy in going after another black person, even if they're one as problematic as Kanye.

Meanwhile, he's been both a tool and agent of the far right, because you can't tell me he would have been hanging out in the White House if he wasn't seen as providing cover for the then-president's racism. Maybe he will be the next horrible GOP candidate, after Walker.
    Literal neo-nazis are carrying signs and supporting him LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Literal neo-nazis are carrying signs and supporting him LOL!
    I saw that. The Neo Nazi group that did that demonstration with the "Kanye is right about the Jews." Signs. And there are still people falling all over themselves to defend him.

"Its not his fault he has a mental health problem."

Well I have a mental health problem. I am on social security for it. And you know what? It does not cause me to say racist asshole hateful things. When the hell is he going to stop getting a free pass from people because of his mental health issues?

Meanwhile you have crap like this.

The Holocaust Museum in LA was flooded with antisemitic messages after artist Kanye West rejected their offer of a private tour.

https://www.cbsnews.com/losangeles/n...-private-tour/

And you have Jake Shields (Who is not Antisemitic. He says that himself) who defends Kanye talking about how Jews are held to a different standard then other white people.
    Last edited by babyblob; 10-26-2022 at 11:08 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I saw that. The Neo Nazi group that did that demonstration with the "Kanye is right about the Jews." Signs. And there are still people falling all over themselves to defend him.

"Its not his fault he has a mental health problem."

Well I have a mental health problem. I am on social security for it. And you know what? It does not cause me to say racist asshole hateful things. When the hell is he going to stop getting a free pass from people because of his mental health issues?

Meanwhile you have crap like this.

The Holocaust Museum in LA was flooded with antisemitic messages after artist Kanye West rejected their offer of a private tour.

https://www.cbsnews.com/losangeles/n...-private-tour/

And you have Jake Shields (Who is not Antisemitic. He says that himself) who defends Kanye talking about how Jews are held to a different standard then other white people.
    Like many things, it has to do with money. A poor person with a mental health problem is crazy. A rich person with a mental health problem is an eccentric. Kanye may not be a billionaire anymore, but he's still pretty rich. Kanye is simply not interested in getting the help he needs, he's surrounded by people who don't freakin care about him, who just want his money. He's driven his family away from him. His fans enable him by buying his stuff, calling him a genius when he's just a stark raving mad self loathing anti semite.

Finally episode 8, 'the back of Forest Whittaker neck' shows up. Gets to chew up a little screen.
    There's actually been a gang of brothas passing through in Andor. Pre-Rebels, Imperial officers, an Imperial traitor even the second Black ex-stormtrooper. Almost like they are saying something without saying something...
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post

Oh, well. As long as he says so, right? XD

More seriously, 'other white people'? Given the history of 'whiteness' and Jews in general, I sounds like I'd have a few problems with that claim.