Page 744 of 828 FirstFirst ... 244644694734740741742743744745746747748754794 ... LastLast
Results 11,146 to 11,160 of 12411

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Damn NBA is more of a soap opera than old day time television, holy moly
    On that here is a headline from the NBA.

Kyrie Irvin and The Nets have each donated 500,000 bucks to groups that fight hate and intolerance. Guess trying to spin this into a PR Win and not the nightmare it has been.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    On that here is a headline from the NBA.

Kyrie Irvin and The Nets have each donated 500,000 bucks to groups that fight hate and intolerance. Guess trying to spin this into a PR Win and not the nightmare it has been.
    I mean.. just the last couple days

- Kyrie promotes anti-semantic movie on twitter... refuses to eleborate because hes so smart
    - nets fire there coach
    - nets front runner for open position is... Ime... who got suspended by Boston for something sexual involving an employee but everyone refuses to say what really happened for some weird reason
    - Primo instantly cut from the Spurs... because the dude keeps flashing people
    - Spurs and Primo sued bc of said flashing
    - Kyries "people" a combined 1 million to that group
    - Kyrie stills to backtrack despite getting pushed more and more becaue "i know the oxford dictionary"

like wtf is going on lol

ftr... M.Leonard said a jewish slurr while streaming a video game and was black balled form the league immediatley
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly.

Some people don’t seem to understand the stakes I guess. Plus young people don’t generally vote.

A lot of them spend time on social media attacking other people instead of actually going to get something done.
    There's a bit of that. Another issue is that each person only votes once. So someone who makes an obsession sun politics part of their personality can write about politics a lot online, but still counts as much as everyone else.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I mean.. just the last couple days

- Kyrie promotes anti-semantic movie on twitter... refuses to eleborate because hes so smart
    - nets fire there coach
    - nets front runner for open position is... Ime... who got suspended by Boston for something sexual involving an employee but everyone refuses to say what really happened for some weird reason
    - Primo instantly cut from the Spurs... because the dude keeps flashing people
    - Spurs and Primo sued bc of said flashing
    - Kyries "people" a combined 1 million to that group
    - Kyrie stills to backtrack despite getting pushed more and more becaue "i know the oxford dictionary"

like wtf is going on lol

ftr... M.Leonard said a jewish slurr while streaming a video game and was black balled form the league immediatley
    Its a damn mess ill give ya that. I would like one day to watch sports news and not see some crazy thing from owners or players.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

Marvel is doing Planet of the Apes variants on most books for Black History Month.

https://www.thepopverse.com/its-marv...-cover-program

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Marvel is doing Planet of the Apes variants on most books for Black History Month.

https://www.thepopverse.com/its-marv...-cover-program
    Did they not think this through?

Okay so let's get this straight. Marvel is NOT promoting Planet of the Apes covers as their way of celebrating Black History month. They are publishing the books in February, which is Black History month, but that is not Marvel's reason for the promotion. This is a case of Marvel being ignorant of how this looks, rather than them being overtly racist.
    Watching television is not an activity.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Okay so let's get this straight. Marvel is NOT promoting Planet of the Apes covers as their way of celebrating Black History month. They are publishing the books in February, which is Black History month, but that is not Marvel's reason for the promotion. This is a case of Marvel being ignorant of how this looks, rather than them being overtly racist.
    What is it with multi-billion-dollar companies lacking common sense? They all need to hire an intern whose duties would be to go over their big ideas and report back any painfully obvious bad optics.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Id prefer straight up racist that these "oopsies" that show no one really gives a crap at all.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I didnt think they were being racist on purpose. But it is a darn bad look. And there is really no one there that knew this?

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I didnt think they were being racist on purpose. But it is a darn bad look. And there is really no one there that knew this?
    I mean, they didn't seem to have a problem with the Miles Morales Thor issue until it came out., so it's not that surprising that they didn't catch it.

Ultimate Member

The anti-Semitic movie that Kyrie Irving boosted is still listed on Amazon. Is there a reason why it hasn’t been taken down?

Never mind.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 11-05-2022 at 03:53 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I mean, they didn't seem to have a problem with the Miles Morales Thor issue until it came out., so it's not that surprising that they didn't catch it.
    For that one-the writer writes like that is his other books (one that I do own). So the style seems to work with Middle school kids but NOT adults. So they KNEW what they were getting into and probably didn't think adults would take issue with it.

Marvel is not being racist it's just funny you choose that month. I mean if we were in the 90s-early 2000s-I probably would NOT think a thing about.

However NOW-it's a different story. I am just wondering will those covers still be there when Final Order Cutoff for those books happen next week.

The anti-Semitic movie that Kyrie Irving boosted is still listed on Amazon. Is there a reason why it hasn’t been taken down?
    Million dollar question. However you could say the same about other crowdfunding groups that allow Gators to be on there.

https://thegrio.com/2022/11/05/nike-drops-kyrie-irving/

Nike has suspended its relationship with Kyrie Irving and canceled its plans to release his next signature shoe, the latest chapter in the ongoing fallout since the Brooklyn Nets guard tweeted a link to a film containing antisemitic material.

The shoe giant announced Friday night that it will halt its relationship with Irving, who has been suspended by the Nets for what the team called a repeated failure to “unequivocally say he has no antisemitic beliefs.

Sick bummed this week, final episode of ATLANTA airs tonight. Unquestionably it's been my favorite show over its run, baby, I'm gone be lost. Even if the surreal parts of the show don't vibe with people, it is singularly the Blackest show there's ever been on television. I say that as it spoke to many of the slices that make-up the whole pie of. A whole lot Hip-Hop too. Most of it ripped from the headlines, they've gone from Lake Lanier to really my first real grasp of Juneteenth to Kevin Samuels, RIP, paying for the students college at Stonewall Jackson High School.

I've been in and out of his stand-up but I never got into Community and he can be a weird cat. Still, Donald Glover he can rap his ass off, I've liked the R&B shit, love 'This is America' but Atlanta is what I will remember of him. He and Hiro, shoutout to Steven Glover too.

It's sooper Black inside baseball even inter-related as Black folks originating outside the US as they could fit in. Rather than make you think, it makes you consider. Consider plights, consider circumstances, consider history and ultimatley there ain't many answers for it. Just a reflection, this is just where we are at. Often dropped right in the middle of something with very little set-up but you gotta think.

The Liam Neesen cameo still cracks me up. Tracy sportin' waves lol. The Woods is my favorite episode of television EVER. Teddy Perkins. Rich Wigga, Poor Wigga, prolly my favorite of the anthology episodes. The Mr. Chocolate send up of Tyler Perry this season if fucking hilarious. Of course the send up of the white chick reading Vince Staples lyrics from season one. Laugh out loud which the algorithm leads you here.

Sad, pouring out some liquor tonight.

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.