Page 746 of 827 FirstFirst ... 246646696736742743744745746747748749750756796 ... LastLast
Results 11,176 to 11,190 of 12396

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Heartbreaking.

The younger ones won’t know but Irene Cara was something of an icon to us. There weren’t actually that many WoC doing their thing on that scale back then and she was one of the few that broke out huge into the mainstream. Her career was really hamstrung by her legal troubles with her record label.

It didn’t take away from her legacy though.

With MJ, Prince, Whitney Houston and now Irene Cara gone, it feels like a generation is passing away.
    RIP to Irene Cara, when I was a kid that song was EVERYWHERE, damn shame her talent had to got through the things she did over a terrible contract. Sounds all to familiar.

The generation passing away prior to the MJ's and Prince's and Whitney's, only have a few still hanging around who made their marks in the 60's and 70's. Losing Prince's peers feels worse, mans didn't make it to 60. The OG MTV generation passing is definitely unsettling.

Also RIP to Clarence Gilyard Jr., I didn't ever watch Walker but it had it's fans. TO ME as a Die Hard fan he will always be the measuring stick to every IT guy I've ever come in contact with and how they are judged accordingly. I'm all- so and so was helpful but he wasn't no Theo lol.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

If Kanye's worthless ass is alive in 12 months, I'll be absolutely shocked.

This dude has been flirting with this stuff for years and his fans just buried their head in the sand and screamed "mental illness!" because he makes good music but... their ain't no coming back from this. Good riddance.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Invincible Member

Posted this is the wrong thread by mistake...

It's interesting that the clips I've seen of Ye's appearance on the Alex Jones show he seems more focused and coherent than when he walked off the Tim Pool show. Clearly, he's decided that he has nothing to lose anymore and is going all in on being shocking. However, other than gaining attention for the sake of gaining attention, I can't see what he thinks his end goal is supposed to be. I mean, this certainly isn't going to help him get any new endorsements or financial deals...

Can someone tell me how the guy once known for saying "George Bush does not care about black people" became a Hitler apologist? Like, what were the signs we were missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Can someone tell me how the guy once known for saying "George Bush does not care about black people" became a Hitler apologist? Like, what were the signs we were missing?
    Well, this article might help.

Apparently, he's been a big fan of Hitler and Nazis for a long time, the people who would have murdered him, his ex, and his children.

He off the rails for sho. Imo this was the trajectory all along. Dude's talent was not just beats and rhymes but also making the blatant narcissism work for him. I mean work work for him. Anybody think it was his momma idea to get that work done on her?

Even with the Bush comment, it wasn't even close to an actual response of what the gevernment lacked. Tbf the scope and sight of that tragedy caught all of us off guard, his response was just raw emotion coming out based on little understanding. I'll take the over for a box of cookies, on @MindofShadow's 12 months.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Invincible Member

This showed up in my feed and I just thought it was odd. It's an ad for AAA/Lenscrafters but what's going on with that pose? Are we back in 1973 or something? It's like he's got his arm around her, but not really so no one get upset!

... I don't get it. Seems fine? What am I missing?

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Niffleheim

I have seen celebrities taking pictures with their fans like this where their hands are hovering instead of actually touching the other person.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    ... I don't get it. Seems fine? What am I missing?
    Maybe it's me, but it seems like they went out of their way to be make sure the black man is not touching the white woman. Like they were afraid of offending people or something.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I have seen celebrities taking pictures with their fans like this where their hands are hovering instead of actually touching the other person.
    Celebrities with fans I get, there's always someone out there looking to make something look salacious. But this was just an ad with a couple of models who're supposed to look friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Maybe it's me, but it seems like they went out of their way to be make sure the black man is not touching the white woman. Like they were afraid of offending people or something.
    That's it exactly. Their clothes are touching, but their skin is not, as if white skin touching black skin will give the white person "cooties" or something.
    Watching television is not an activity.

shes leaning against him and his arm is around her?

I mean... bruhs lol. This is silly

Yall are making someting out of nothing. It is just awkward glasses ad lol

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    shes leaning against him and his arm is around her?

I mean... bruhs lol. This is silly

Yall are making someting out of nothing. It is just awkward glasses ad lol
    LOL...Ok! You're right. And, If I'd seen this pic I wouldn't have said anything.

It's the other one that keeps showing up in my social media feed ( his arm is awkwardly not touching her, but anyway...). I'll admit given what's happened in the last couple of weeks and then what's going on in the last few years, I might be a little sensitive. But, if you know about the history of people freaking out when white women touched Harry Belafonte on TV in the 60's..
    Last edited by ed2962; 12-03-2022 at 05:28 PM.

I did fall into a hole on google images and man, lenscrafters has a lot of interracial ads lol