Page 747 of 827 FirstFirst ... 247647697737743744745746747748749750751757797 ... LastLast
Results 11,191 to 11,205 of 12391
    Ultimate Member

The US is generally a funny place.

It's funny how fast certain people want to give Jerry Jones a pass for standing with racists that were blocking black students from entering school. This is the same guy that (if I'm correct) has never hired a black coach.

Yes, he stood outside that school a long time ago but has he completely eschewed his racism? I really do wonder.

The US is very, very quick to sweep away racism against certain people.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The US is generally a funny place.

It's funny how fast certain people want to give Jerry Jones a pass for standing with racists that were blocking black students from entering school. This is the same guy that (if I'm correct) has never hired a black coach.

Yes, he stood outside that school a long time ago but has he completely eschewed his racism? I really do wonder.

The US is very, very quick to sweep away racism against certain people.
    I read? saw? something years ago that said something like "your white grandparents probably protested against civil rights" and it really hit home so to speak how recent that **** really was.

I wish their were more descriptive words for the sort of prejudice someone like Jones and some older white folk have. Because, growing up (im 36) you basically learned... racist = KKK type stuff. And those hard line racists do suck but... those types aren't nearly as dangerous as some prejudiced dick (who might not even realize it) that works at hte bank that increased your mortgage rate because your black.

But, because of that definition of "racist" a lot of people have... saying JJ is a racist just has them react so strongly against it. He (probably) isn't a kkk style hate racist... but I guarantee that dude just sees black players are HIS black players who exist to make him money and entertain him and do what masta... err i mean what he says.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I read? saw? something years ago that said something like "your white grandparents probably protested against civil rights" and it really hit home so to speak how recent that **** really was.

I wish their were more descriptive words for the sort of prejudice someone like Jones and some older white folk have. Because, growing up (im 36) you basically learned... racist = KKK type stuff. And those hard line racists do suck but... those types aren't nearly as dangerous as some prejudiced dick (who might not even realize it) that works at hte bank that increased your mortgage rate because your black.

But, because of that definition of "racist" a lot of people have... saying JJ is a racist just has them react so strongly against it. He (probably) isn't a kkk style hate racist... but I guarantee that dude just sees black players are HIS black players who exist to make him money and entertain him and do what masta... err i mean what he says.
    I think part of the problem is that, at least in the US at least, we aren't as evolved as we think we are when it comes to race relations. Thomas Jefferson was still alive when Harriet Tubman was born, she died in 1913, my grandma was born in 1940. Racism, jim crow laws, it's always something for black people to just "get over", and that we "want to be perpetual victims" rather than acknowledging that messed up stuff happened to us and fixing it.

In a weird way I almost appreciate blatant racism more than passive aggressive liberal racism, at least it's honest. Liberal racism has this gaslighting air about it, you know it's there, you can feel it, but everybody and their brother tries to convince you it isnt.

The recent episode of Leverage: Redemption reveals that the character Eliot Spencer, who is white, was spoilers:
    adopted by a black man. Aside from a few jokes about how surprising this is, it's treated as a normal thing. They had a falling out over Eliot joining the military because his father wanted better for him, but they reconcile in the end.
    end of spoilers

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The recent episode of Leverage: Redemption reveals that the character Eliot Spencer, who is white, was spoilers:
    adopted by a black man. Aside from a few jokes about how surprising this is, it's treated as a normal thing. They had a falling out over Eliot joining the military because his father wanted better for him, but they reconcile in the end.
    end of spoilers
    I'm curious, do they mention if spoilers:
    the dad raised Eliot with a wife in the house?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I'm curious, do they mention if spoilers:
    the dad raised Eliot with a wife in the house?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yes, there was a mother and she was black too. She died of illness prior to the events of the series while Eliot was in the military.
    end of spoilers

Not here caping for Jerry Jones by any means but, his more recent actions during the Kaepernick situation said more than this picture to me. So if I'm staying on topic dude WAS 14 and in the files of American history, we all have seen pictures of kids his age and younger present at public hangings. That said I can't tell what level of involvement Jones in this mob he engaged in. I have been in less than favorable situations as a kid that I'm thankful nobody was taking a picture of me. Not absolving him either but this was a day at school nonetheless.

Those other Black students, the reason for the photo, who were JUST TRYING TO GO TO CLASSES, had to outrun white classmates that intended them physical harm, they were spat at and had super harsh racist **** yelled at them at close range, from a mob of lunatics throughout this whole ordeal. The story brings out crosses was burned, at the opening football game and bombs went of in downtown Little Rock... America is always concerned about the one with the money, fwiw at least Jerruh answered questions about it, which is way more than the next one in his position has or would do. Let alone the other regular assholes in the picture.

Like yall have said, this was what it was. Civil rights wasn't a light switch, if it were that bulb would still be trying come on these 60 years later. School integration was a flashpoint and to a large degree it never hit many rural communities in America at the time which is how we're still at certain points here. Hell, I've stated it before, when my folks split we stayed with my Grandma for year til we got a house and we had to get bused 45 minutes away to a whole nother district. A product of integration in 1984,85, and all I knew was that I barley got home in time to watch OG Thundercats afterschool cause it took so damn long to get home. Those practices lasted well into the 90's for the kids that stayed in that part of the city.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I think part of the problem is that, at least in the US at least, we aren't as evolved as we think we are when it comes to race relations. Thomas Jefferson was still alive when Harriet Tubman was born, she died in 1913, my grandma was born in 1940. Racism, jim crow laws, it's always something for black people to just "get over", and that we "want to be perpetual victims" rather than acknowledging that messed up stuff happened to us and fixing it.

I've said this before, but my wife's gma casually dropped that he dog growing up was named "N-word" ... she had made no connection at all in her brain that that was F'd up. It took my wife speaking up (I wasn't there) for any brain neurons to fire at all that that was F'd up.

I've known her for 19 years. Not an iota of racism-ish vibes. We have always got along, especially her gpa. Still get along. Yet that is how she grew up. And she ain't alone in that at all.

In a weird way I almost appreciate blatant racism more than passive aggressive liberal racism, at least it's honest. Liberal racism has this gaslighting air about it, you know it's there, you can feel it, but everybody and their brother tries to convince you it isnt.
    Bc those types just get in the way. They are all about that life until it might mildly inconvenience them and then they are all "whoa whoa pump the brakes things are fine!"

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

shes leaning against him and his arm is around her?

I mean... bruhs lol. This is silly

Damn that kid don't even LOOK like him...dude got trapped
    GrindrStone(D)

end of spoilers
    You're leaving out the fact that...

spoilers:
    The actor playing Spencer's father looks a whole lot like Keith David. The Thing/They Live anyone?
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

end of spoilers
    That does happen a bit more than some would think it does.

A lot of that comes from wanting spoilers:
    a child and wanting a certain age range or just wanting a child. Along with who the adoption folks have available or willing to place with a family.
    end of spoilers

Chapelle being buddy buddy with Musk wasn't on my bingo card.

Damn that kid don't even LOOK like him...dude got trapped
    step kid, weird race genetics, lens crafters aint searching hard for a matching model trio lol. pick one.

Hell, I've stated it before, when my folks split we stayed with my Grandma for year til we got a house and we had to get bused 45 minutes away to a whole nother district. A product of integration in 1984,85, and all I knew was that I barley got home in time to watch OG Thundercats afterschool cause it took so damn long to get home. Those practices lasted well into the 90's for the kids that stayed in that part of the city.
    My grandpa was a councilor for a big school in the city. They were still bussing kids to integrate when i was in high school (early 2000s). I'm not sure if/when it stopped.

But, a lot of these schools didn't want it to stop due to... Football. You stop the "forced" integration, and half the football talent was gone to another school. My gpa "side" part of his counseling was for the sports kids (keeping the their grades up, helping them find collleges) and it was a big deal lol.

Chapelle being buddy buddy with Musk wasn't on my bingo card.

step kid, weird race genetics, lens crafters aint searching hard for a matching model trio lol. pick one.

My grandpa was a councilor for a big school in the city. They were still bussing kids to integrate when i was in high school (early 2000s). I'm not sure if/when it stopped.

But, a lot of these schools didn't want it to stop due to... Football. You stop the "forced" integration, and half the football talent was gone to another school. My gpa "side" part of his counseling was for the sports kids (keeping the their grades up, helping them find collleges) and it was a big deal lol.
    Well, it does make sense, Chappelle does appeal to "anti-woke" people for lack of a better term, as does Musk, and they're both friends with Joe Rogan.

Not only that, but kid's a ginger, a literal red haired stepchild.

The town I grew up in is still pretty segregated along both lines of race and class, I went to the "ghetto" school that had a bad reputation just because it was on the side of town where more black people lived, even though more black kids went to the rival school on the affluent side of town. When I started college in the early 2000's I didn't know how to use email because the only computer access I had was at either the school library and computer lab where they watched us like hawks and the public library which was on the other side of town. I felt like an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Well, it does make sense, Chappelle does appeal to "anti-woke" people for lack of a better term, as does Musk, and they're both friends with Joe Rogan.
    Chappelle is GD ananakin skywalker lol

You were supposed to destroy the sith! not join them!

Chappelle is GD ananakin skywalker lol

You were supposed to destroy the sith! not join them!
    Dave is days away from having dinner at Mar-a-Lago.