Page 756 of 828 FirstFirst ... 256656706746752753754755756757758759760766806 ... LastLast
Results 11,326 to 11,340 of 12408

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    What is extra dumb about HL is that there has been other HP properties released and no one gave a **** about any of this.

No one cared about lego HP, no one cared about Fantastic Beast Movies, no one cares about the insane profits of the universal studio HP stuff.

Yet... this is where they drew the line? It is bizarre. Not saying JK is even a good person (what billionaire is?) but this all seems a bit weird.
    Weren't these from before Rowling was being openly transphobic?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Weren't these from before Rowling was being openly transphobic?
    ... they could easily boycott Universal right now. Not like its profit margin is drying up and they closed it.

Pretty sure the last FB movie was post TERF stuff but maybe th ebest thing about FB was to ignore its existence and let it die by itself lol

TBH... frankly its pointless. She is a billionaire. There is nothing you could do to hurt her financially. It is like when people were making fun of Musk for losing untold billions.... oh no... he still has untold billions...
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

... they could easily boycott Universal right now. Not like its profit margin is drying up and they closed it.

Pretty sure the last FB movie was post TERF stuff but maybe th ebest thing about FB was to ignore its existence and let it die by itself lol

TBH... frankly its pointless. She is a billionaire. There is nothing you could do to hurt her financially. It is like when people were making fun of Musk for losing untold billions.... oh no... he still has untold billions...
    Well I don't think it's about actually harming JK, so much as it's about not giving her even more money or assisting her influence. It's a personal moral decision.

Ultimate Member

https://us.yahoo.com/news/white-supr...233028641.html

White supremacists commit the highest number of domestic extremist-related murders in most years, but in 2022 the percentage was unusually high: 21 of the 25 murders were linked to white supremacists, according to the ADL report.

"All the extremist-related murders in 2022 were committed by right-wing extremists of various kinds," the ADL report said.
    All this happening while the "tik-tok generation" believes that both sides are the same.

Stay safe folks.

For Young Justice fans, what did you think of the show's reimagining of the Superfriends minority characters?

For Young Justice fans, what did you think of the show's reimagining of the Superfriends minority characters?

Thought it was a wonderful way to do it & especially love the improvements made to Longshadow, El Dorado & Dorado Sr.. Asami was cool aswell ( love the chi manipulation) but would preferred the Samurai character be split between to characters. Her of course & a teen Wind Dragon from JLU

Ultimate Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY6i-RvG_-Q

The Black Comic Lords interview Sean Damien Hill and Geoffrey Thorne, creators for the story Blood Syndicate: Epilogue, one of many stories featured in Milestone 30th Anniversary Special #1.

Pretty cool. I wished they did more with them in both the show and comics. I'd add the Wonder Twins and make the human members relatives of the JLU version. Asami could be Wind Dragon's daughter.

They feel perfect for James Gunn's DCU.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-07-2023 at 08:03 AM.

We hear a lot about how Hollywood has gone woke and conservatives are being blacklisted or phased out. Some More News looks at just how true this claim actually is.

Video is 54 minutes.

We hear a lot about how Hollywood has gone woke and conservatives are being blacklisted or phased out. Some More News looks at just how true this claim actually is.

Video is 54 minutes.
    I can't watch the video cause I'm at work right now, (if this snow storm gets any worse it might not be much longer) but I know that despite the gators bellowing it Disney isn't woke. They're crazy conservative.

I remember don't look under the bed where the director had to fight for an interracial kiss, they own ABC, we had a whole, two term, black president before a black bachelor. Then there's Finn, dear god, the way they did Finn.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Basically yeah

this person went on GD tv and couldn't define it.

Now think of all the F250 driving white dudes and their wives trying.

TBH, I don't even know where the woke obsession has even come from. I thought "woke" was like... popular 4 years ago or something. It is just bizarre. It is like CRT wasn't sound bitey enough so they just replaced it with "woke" or something.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Invincible Member

Basically yeah

TBH, I don't even know where the woke obsession has even come from. I thought "woke" was like... popular 4 years ago or something. It is just bizarre. It is like CRT wasn't sound bitey enough so they just replaced it with "woke" or something.
    It's the ultimate con. Politicians and social media grifters know they can say the word "woke" and their audience will project anything they don't like about "radical" minorities, progressives, and especially LGBT people. The few times they do define it, it's some cartoon of what they think a "radical extremist" is. Unfortunately, it's a con game that's still working. Politicians are drafting "anti-woke" bills, blaming bank collapsing not on regulations and mismanagement but "diversity" and grifters calling any TV show with a black girl or gay person "woke agenda".

Interesting enuff, it's pretty much what right wing propagandist Mark Ruffo literally said he was trying to do with the term CRT.

I'm a little surprised now that they missed their chance to blame the Ohio train crashes on "the woke agenda"...

Basically yeah

Tsssss, I saw that. CRT has way too much by way of academics tied to it, it don't pop the same. Also we never even USED the word like that. That **** goes way back too, brothas intended it as a VERB, not a fkn adjective like Desantis is leaning into. Let alone all the co-opting that's come to be down with it. That's what happens though, my favorite Paul Mooney joke will never not be relevant. "White people will take you. They took Michael Jackson. They took James Brown, they gave him back."

There is a nuance with Black American speech, born out of necessity, that isn't realized or recognized in the larger populace. It is to the country's detriment as a whole as a result. This country picks candy over vegetables every time. Big (corporate) sugar rules the world.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post

I'm a little surprised now that they missed their chance to blame the Ohio train crashes on "the woke agenda"...
    Not big enough, they ARE using that to justify the bank collapse.

Last edited by Surf; 03-16-2023 at 07:10 AM.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.