Page 79 of 828 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179579 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 12411
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Not just free to do so.

MSNBC gave the guy a show. He's on SNL.
    Exactly!!!

You still have people supporting Woody Allen.

A mofo on tape talked about grabbing a woman by the Selina Kyle, and is now the POTUS.

That would never happen for Luther Campbell.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Hannibal made it part of his stand up so a lot of people who weren't hip to the issue found out. It started as a Hannibal vs Cosby's moral hypocrisy thing, then snowballed into the sexual harassment issue as more women spoke up and said, "No it's true. Bill tried it with me."
    Folks knew about Cosby long before Hannibal. Cosby has been doing this at least since the 1970's. He could have been doing this since his "I, Spy" days.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Folks knew about Cosby long before Hannibal. Cosby has been doing this at least since the 1970's. He could have been doing this since his "I, Spy" days.
    For sure, but the most recent wave came when Hannibal did his set where he called him flat out for it.

People (comedians and writers) certainly had been alluding to Cosby and Weinstein for a looooooong time though.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Extraordinary Member

One guy's take...

It didn't hurt that they finally had someone where statute of limitations had not expired, and Cosby's place in the bigger picture was not what it had been in the past.

Exactly!!!

You still have people supporting Woody Allen.

A mofo on tape talked about grabbing a woman by the Selina Kyle, and is now the POTUS.

That would never happen for Luther Campbell.
    Sure.

Never mind that they are going to try to sell you on that the guy who called his daughter what Baldwin did is on superior moral footing to Trump when it comes to how they treat women.

None of that hair splitting is happening if those two guys suddenly stop being white.

Extraordinary Member

Folks have known about Cosby for decades.

The only real question for me is: why now?

Was it the movement/perfect storm, or simply the mass media decided it was time for Cosby to go down?
    Because Hannibal Buress brought it up in his comedy routine and everybody acted like it was the first time they'd heard of it.

Mainly because people hear what they want to and back in '95 nobody wanted to hear bad shit about Cosby. Cosby's victims
    had become energized way before #MeToo started (at least by that name).

There's a 2005 video of Cosby admitting under oath to procuring Quaaludes to use on women that he wanted to have sex with. He
    was deposed because of the Temple U lawsuit against him.

And it still took 13 years for anything to happen to him. If anything #MeToo didn't bring Cosby down as much as it
    was maybe Cosby being in the twilight of his career and therefore vulnerable.

Like we are likely going to have to wait for R. Kelly to stop making albums for anything to happen to him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    For sure, but the most recent wave came when Hannibal did his set where he called him flat out for it.

People (comedians and writers) certainly had been alluding to Cosby and Weinstein for a looooooong time though.
    But the mass media picked up on it, and ran with it.

What has this done for Hannibal, outside of teaching at Peter Parker's school? I honestly think he was a pan to fry a large fish, and nothing more.

A lot of blacks were starting to compare Cosby to Uncle Ruckus prior to all this.

This needed to happen, my thing is that this should have went down ages ago. When the mass media decides to put someone's feet to the fire, it is not due to some "great power comes great responsibility" thing.

Perhaps I'm just too cynical.

A lot of blacks were starting to compare Cosby to Uncle Ruckus prior to all this.
    :Raises hand: That little stunt about 'dirty laundry' was way out of line when I heard it. A lot of shine came off of him for me over that. Not to mention there are no shortage of stories from D.L. Hughley and Don Cheadle for 2 examples over how they saw Dr. Coz treat people who couldn't do anything for him. On some real out of pocket embarrassing shit.

Him getting choked on his own thirst was prolly the last straw.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Sure.

Never mind that they are going to try to sell you on that the guy who called his daughter what Baldwin did is on superior moral footing to Trump when it comes to how they treat women.

None of that hair splitting is happening if those two guys suddenly stop being white.

Ha, OT but speaking of Uncle Luke, I'm asking for a friend here... yeeaa, that's it.

Is 'he' to old to be fuckin' with that Astroworld? Budden made a good point that Hip-Hop's never been this old before. I'm not out here bumpin' Lil Pump or nothin' but some of these young cats be putting some cold shit out. Ima get that new Ghostface too but, I'm sayin.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Typically, Tony Stark & Hal Jordan are paired up (larger than life humans with external sources of power)....so I can understand James & John being paired up here.
    Yeah they do pair them up but it doesn't really work IMO. Quasar and GL or Iron Man and Steel would, though.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    [font=georgia]Ha, OT but speaking of Uncle Luke, I'm asking for a friend here... yeeaa, that's it.

Is 'he' to old
    Good raps good rap.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Because Hannibal Buress brought it up in his comedy routine and everybody acted like it was the first time they'd heard of it.

Mainly because people hear what they want to and back in '95 nobody wanted to hear bad shit about Cosby. Cosby's victims
    had become energized way before #MeToo started (at least by that name).

There's a 2005 video of Cosby admitting under oath to procuring Quaaludes to use on women that he wanted to have sex with. He
    was deposed because of the Temple U lawsuit against him.

And it still took 13 years for anything to happen to him. If anything #MeToo didn't bring Cosby down as much as it
    was maybe Cosby being in the twilight of his career and therefore vulnerable.

He's been doing this as far back as the 1970's. Folks knew...it just was not important.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Like we are likely going to have to wait for R. Kelly to stop making albums for anything to happen to him.
    All the women trapped in Kelly's closet are black. The Media don't really trip on the plight of black women despite their high rates of abuse. He is smart enough to stay in his lane.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 10-19-2018 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Yeah they do pair them up but it doesn't really work IMO. Quasar and GL or Iron Man and Steel would, though.
    nobody cares about quasar and steel though lol. They trying to match known characters the best they can.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html