Page 805 of 828 FirstFirst ... 305705755795801802803804805806807808809815 ... LastLast
Results 12,061 to 12,075 of 12408

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    I don't think they believe, literally, everything (like the number of books he's read or being able to run like that lol.)
    Oh you are giving them too much credit lol. Keep in mind I'm not saying everyone. But there are some scary, culty mofos out there. "Everything Katt said is true!" Some of these people aren't smart enough to realize that at least half the reason he went on there was to boost interest in his tour. Controversy sells tickets.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Speaking of interviews, I'm looking forward to the Jonathan Majors interview tomorrow.

That entire case still baffles me considering he should have been charged with a misdemeanor and the only eyewitness to the event said he didn't abuse his ex-girlfriend. Throw in the "chase video" and the whole thing is just bizarre.

I guess "those tears" supercede all evidence. Note, we don't know if Majors did abuse his gf before but the facts of the case (that we know) that led to his conviction doesn't line up.
    I am not looking forward to that interview. This dude has had some of the worst advisement or he himself is too hard-headed to be real. He did after all, pick that chick.

That said, I think he's too talented to be casted off. Then too I thought that about Nate Parker. Not sure if ANYTHING Majors has to say will change perception of himself but maybe in the macro, considering the entirety of the situation, maybe this can be a cautionary tale to some degree.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Bernice King Says Her “Mother Wasn’t a Prop” After Jonathan Majors Compares Girlfriend to Civil Rights Icon

Bernice King took to social media after Jonathan Majors mentioned her mother’s name, Coretta Scott King, while addressing his girlfriend’s support during his recent domestic violence trial.

While she didn’t mention Majors’ name in her post, she wanted to remind people that her mother, a civil rights icon, “wasn’t a prop.”

“She was a peace advocate before she met my father and was instrumental in him speaking out against the Vietnam War,” Bernice King wrote on X, formerly Twitter. “Please understand…my mama was a force.”

She also referred her followers to a story she wrote in the HuffPost in 2017, titled “A Woman Purposed To Be A King,” where she talked about her mother’s impact.

‘Echo’ and ‘What If’ Star Devery Jacobs Addresses Viral Clip That Asked if Both Maya and Kahhori Need to Exist: “That’s Egregious”

Devery Jacobs, the Native American star of Reservation Dogs who appears in Echo as a character named Bonnie and voices Kahhori in What If…?, reacted to that thinking at the Los Angeles premiere of Echo on Monday while speaking with The Hollywood Reporter.

“Would somebody go up to a white guy and say, ‘This is the one perspective for a white story that is out there’? Would somebody go and say that?” Jacobs asked. “That’s egregious, that’s insane that anybody would say that.”

“I don’t even know if it’s justifiable for an answer, but I’ll give one anyway,” Jacobs continued. “I think that the story of Kahhori in What If…? is astronomically different from that of Maya Lopez in Echo,” she said, contradicting the online comments that the characters were similar.

“I think one is talking about colonization and history and features Mohawk cultures and communities — the community that I come from — and the other is about an anti-hero, kind of a villain, who is coming back to her Choctaw Nation and to her family, and it’s really a dark crime noir family drama,” she added. “And so, they’re both individual stories that absolutely deserve to be told.”

I liked the Kahoori episode. It was one of the few What...if episodes that didn't get on my nerves. Peggy and her quips...woof.

It looks like we've fixed the issue, so I've brought the nuked threads back.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Cronin View Post
    It looks like we've fixed the issue, so I've brought the nuked threads back.
    Administrator and toyer of emotions, thank ya Brian.

Shoutout to the thread born of nuke fallout and then passed away lol.

The interweb is better for this being back.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

MAn, I was so confused, I thought this thread was now illegal now and was sad haha
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Bamboozled and the complexity of Co*ns

This video looks at the 2000s Spike Lee film "Bamboozled" and examines what it says about the concept of "co*ning", aka being a black person who explicitly works against the interests of other black people. How and why do Co*ns do what they do? What should we understand about them in order to address the harm that they do?

Guess who's back. I'll give you a hint: spoilers:
    His name rhymes with Teddy Cordo.
    end of spoilers

He's looking a little ... melanin deprived these days, isn't he?
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

* It examines Angela's characterization, acknowledges her as the sole black character on the original series, and how her and Shawn made an impact as an interracial couple in the 90s.

* The show criticizes Angela's portrayal in ''Series/GirlMeetsWorld'' which depicts her in an unpleasant light in favor of Shawn's new love interest Katy.

* ''Boy Meets World'' Showrunner Michael Jacobs said he felt Shawn and Angela shouldn't end up together because "there can only be one Cory and Topanga", and they would seem less special if Shawn and Angela also ended up together.

** On a separate note, I always found this obsession with making one particular character (or characters) seem so special at the cost of others to be a frustrating writing choice.

* The video also contains accounts from Angela's actress Trina McGee of mistreatment from behind-the-scenes she dealt with on the original show, including being called Aunt Jemima. Despite this, she still enjoys her time on the show and has cleared the air with her castmates.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

* It examines Angela's characterization, acknowledges her as the sole black character on the original series, and how her and Shawn made an impact as an interracial couple in the 90s.

* The show criticizes Angela's portrayal in ''Series/GirlMeetsWorld'' which depicts her in an unpleasant light in favor of Shawn's new love interest Katy.

* ''Boy Meets World'' Showrunner Michael Jacobs said he felt Shawn and Angela shouldn't end up together because "there can only be one Cory and Topanga", and they would seem less special if Shawn and Angela also ended up together.

** On a separate note, I always found this obsession with making one particular character (or characters) seem so special at the cost of others to be a frustrating writing choice.

* The video also contains accounts from Angela's actress Trina McGee of mistreatment from behind-the-scenes she dealt with on the original show, including being called Aunt Jemima. Despite this, she still enjoys her time on the show and has cleared the air with her castmates.
    I watched BMW growing up, the fact that Angela and Shawn were an interracial couple didn't really register to me, at all. It more than likely would have been a bigger deal if the genders were flipped. I don't the show really addressed race all that much, which makes sense given the cast being mostly white, and the reboot was mostly white. I saw that stuff in my family all the time, I had a crush on the pink ranger as a kid (Katherine, not Kimberley), my mom found out, got mad at me and told me I couldn't date white women.