Page 813 of 828 FirstFirst ... 313713763803809810811812813814815816817823 ... LastLast
Results 12,181 to 12,195 of 12411

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Apart from the transphobia, it gets really tiring how "comedians" complain about being cancelled and not allowed to make certain jokes and then immediately proceed to make those jokes, ín a comedy special that is available for anyone who wishes to see it. Cancelled, my ass.
    "they are silencing me on my Netflix Special !!!!"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Apart from the transphobia, it gets really tiring how "comedians" complain about being cancelled and not allowed to make certain jokes and then immediately proceed to make those jokes, ín a comedy special that is available for anyone who wishes to see it. Cancelled, my ass.
    Well that's right out of the Right wing/Oppressor's Playbook.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    "they are silencing me on my Netflix Special !!!!"
    "The cotton candy haired rainbow lovers make fun of me on twitter, I'm being attacked!" I still say the lockdowns played a large part in this ramping up of homophobia and transphobia. We were all stuck in our houses for two years, a ton of misinformation, contrarianism, confusion, and fear, and then that banshee libs of tiktok came out of nowhere and decided to pick on kids. The LGBTQ+ community is really small, it's just overrepresented online. If tiktok were a thing ten years ago, the media would have been complaining about a plague of emo kids.

Ultimate Member

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...a-school-fired

The Arizona-based educator formerly known as Rachel Dolezal has been ousted from her position in a local school district due to content posted on her OnlyFans account.

Dolezal, who legally changed her name to Nkechi Diallo in 2016, had been teaching at an elementary school in Arizona since August 2023, according to a report from News4 Tucson.

She was fired this week after her OnlyFans account was brought to the district’s attention, as its posts are “contrary to our district’s Use of Social Media by District Employees policy and our staff ethics policy”, said Julie Farbarik, the district’s director of alumni and community relations. The account was linked in Diallo’s public Instagram profile.

“We only learned of Ms Nkechi Diallo’s OnlyFans social media posts yesterday afternoon,” she said, according to News4Tucson. “She is no longer employed by the Catalina Foothills school district.” The district did not immediately respond to request for comment.

Diallo is best known for controversy surrounding her racial identity, identifying as a Black woman for years and even heading the local chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) before her parents publicly revealed she is white in 2015.
    This woman is weird and I kind of feel sorry for her.

She's so wrapped up in her delusion that she's lost touch with reality.

That being said, she should have shut down that OF when she started working in that particular district.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Definitely looking forward to this one.

The animation looks fantastic. The villain wearing an agbada is also a nice touch.

I'm not sure I've seen authentic traditional African dressing in a futuristic setting not named Wakanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...a-school-fired

This woman is weird and I kind of feel sorry for her.
    1,000% weird. I feel impressed with her dedication to the details of bit though, name change and everything. The local new story that ran this story could have just used the lesser of blurred salacious images. See how they do us... waitaminute!

No I don't feel Chappelle 'spreads' hate. For sho, spreads disrespect but those are his words and his alone. Unfortunately he kicks off the jokes with really flat N bombs as a set up. I guess as a way of contrasting but he's done it more than once and I don't think it hits the way he feels it does.
    Yes the core of some of the trans jokes are white jokes. I mean he's always had a large white audience, going back to Half Baked. The latcher-ons for political culture war ammo I don't feel rate myself. Their courtship is ugly but I don't them in any real regard.
    No, he doesn't hit the way he used to.
    Yes the dynamic of mega fame takes the legs out of you creatively, I see it working. Him capping for Elon is disgusting, Rogan and him go back and whatyagonnado. It's gross. Sad.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    [font=georgia]1,000% weird. I feel impressed with her dedication to the details of bit though, name change and everything. The local new story that ran this story could have just used the lesser of blurred salacious images. See how they do us... waitaminute!
    One of the funnier comments I saw about this story was if her OF is classified as "PAWG" or "Ebony".

LOLOLOL.

Ultimate Member

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...s/72492410007/

A first of its kind longitudinal report on hate crimes in America from 2018 to 2022 was recently released and there were a few disturbing takeaways. Hate crimes are on the rise the United States. One in ten hate crimes occurred in American educational institutions, from primary schools to universities. That’s statistically significant and scary.

Many may be surprised that the most common victims weren’t Jewish, Hispanic, Asian, Native-American or LGBTQ children. Conservative dilettantes will take umbrage at the fact that white children, who are supposedly continuously and permanently traumatized by critical race theory and diversity efforts, weren’t the most targeted either. No, the report found the largest number of hate-fueled offenses across the board, including in schools, were “motivated by anti-Black bias.”

Those are staggering numbers that show the level of anti-Black animus in America is high. Predictably, this hasn’t been talked about very much. You probably haven’t even heard of the report. Why? Why wasn’t it a bigger story and where’s the outrage?

Where are the television commercials with little black boxes telling you about the disproportionate amount of anti-Black hate crimes in America? Why aren’t you being encouraged to show Black people your support and stand up against anti-Black hate?
    No "stop anti-black hate crime" bill or "protect black people" bill or "protect black children" bill. Nothing. Even smaller stuff like the "CROWN act" died in the Senate. To a lot of political strategists, black people and minorities are treated more as "statistics" than anything else.

Despite my own personal political stance, I sort of understand why a lot of black Americans don't really feel enthusiastic about voting this year.

They are politically (and physically) under siege, and no one (that has any real power) is saying and/or doing anything substantial (or even symbolic).
    Last edited by Username taken; 02-16-2024 at 08:28 AM.

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...s/72492410007/

No "stop anti-black hate crime" bill or "protect black people" bill or "protect black children" bill. Nothing. Even smaller stuff like the "CROWN act" died in the Senate. To a lot of political strategists, black people and minorities are treated more as "statistics" than anything else.

Despite my own personal political stance, I sort of understand why a lot of black Americans don't really feel enthusiastic about voting this year.

They are politically (and physically) under siege, and no one (that has any real power) is saying and/or doing anything substantial (or even symbolic).
    Or we're just straight up taken for granted. White liberals really don't like it when black people, black men in particular, question them. They take it from black women, through clenched teeth. It's not like we're asking for the moon, something as simple as "How are you going to make my life better, what are you going to do for me?" results in "YOU IDIOT, THIS ISN'T ABOUT YOU, DO YOU WANT MORE TRUMP?"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Or we're just straight up taken for granted. White liberals really don't like it when black people, black men in particular, question them. They take it from black women, through clenched teeth. It's not like we're asking for the moon, something as simple as "How are you going to make my life better, what are you going to do for me?" results in "YOU IDIOT, THIS ISN'T ABOUT YOU, DO YOU WANT MORE TRUMP?"
    Yeah, no one is asking for anything extraordinary, just basic stuff that every tax paying citizen of the country should expect.
    Using the "big bad Trump" as an election tool can get exhausting. That's not to say that Trump himself isn't a racist and is surrounded by public white supremacists

For example:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Elon-Musk.html

Disney appears to be engaged in pervasive, far-reaching, and illegal race and sex discrimination,' said AFL president Stephen Miller, a senior advisor in Donald Trump's White House.

'It is sad and tragic that a company whose name was once synonymous with wholesome and charming childhood fantasies is now dedicated to spreading divisive bigotry.'

The EEOC, which enforces laws banning workplace discrimination, does not have to act on the complaint.The California-based company on its website says it seeks to build a 'diverse workforce' with high-paying jobs 'accessible to all.' This helps it better serve diverse audiences around the globe, it adds.

AFL's complaint refers to leaked Disney DEI files that lay out targets for half of the characters, actors, producers, writers, directors, and technical crews for its movies and shows coming from 'underrepresented groups.'
    It's such a terrible situation because guys like Miller (one of Trump's guys) and Elon Musk are basically pushing for segregation focused specifically on black people.

And there doesn't seem to be competing counternarrative or even action to counter this stuff.

So Fannie Willis. First off insert the Japanese Parliament meme on my behalf. F'real though, there is macro level of ethical behavior that I know, heard it my whole life, to be true and disproportionately adopted in regards to the day to day actions of most Black folks. That's your frame. She IS being held to a standard that most men, white or otherwise in many cases, would not... on a couple of fronts if you've followed much of the case. That said I feel at the very least the situation might could have been handled a bit tighter on her end considering? But imo that goes fro ANYONE, two things can be true all things considered. THAT said, on her behalf, WHOM you get with... we never take proximity as a driving force and THAT is across the board- a shared experience for everybody. Is what it is if you think about it. Also, this is Atlanta, they move different. Not just comparatively speaking for what goes on in the South but as a group overall unto themselves, makes a difference when speaking about upwardly mobile folks. Last, the scrutiny is of course magnified and even parts of this speaks to the above post in regard to rampant bias. There is an implicit adherence to a standard weather it is physical, or emotional or even when put upon by each other, an sticking to of broad rules of conduct that's much harsher on some than others. She's handling it best as possible so far I think fwiw.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Yeah, no one is asking for anything extraordinary, just basic stuff that every tax paying citizen of the country should expect.
    Using the "big bad Trump" as an election tool can get exhausting. That's not to say that Trump himself isn't a racist and is surrounded by public white supremacists

For example:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Elon-Musk.html

It's such a terrible situation because guys like Miller (one of Trump's guys) and Elon Musk are basically pushing for segregation focused specifically on black people.

And there doesn't seem to be competing counternarrative or even action to counter this stuff.
    I swear to....ugh. I guess it's because Disney owns so much stuff (which is it's own problem) that it's become a major battle field in the endless waltz of the culture war. "DISNEY IS WOKE BECAUSE THEY REMADE A MOVIE WITH A BLACK LEAD, THIS IS DEEPLY OFFENSIVE TO ME, I MUST MAKE SEVERAL VIDEOS WITH CLICKBAITY THUMBNAILS."

Disney isn't woke. They're a corporation that's been around for 100 years, they're doing what every corporation does, going where the money is, appearing to be woke just looks good from a pr standpoint. They've screwed with copyright laws, they tried to erase an interracial kiss from a tv movie, we had a black president before a black bachelor, and of course, the way they did John Boyega. None of that screams woke.

I would even argue that the chuds don't actually hate wokeness, what they hate is bad writing. A lot of this "woke" stuff rests on it's laurels and is very poorly written.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I swear to....ugh. I guess it's because Disney owns so much stuff (which is it's own problem) that it's become a major battle field in the endless waltz of the culture war. "DISNEY IS WOKE BECAUSE THEY REMADE A MOVIE WITH A BLACK LEAD, THIS IS DEEPLY OFFENSIVE TO ME, I MUST MAKE SEVERAL VIDEOS WITH CLICKBAITY THUMBNAILS."

Disney isn't woke. They're a corporation that's been around for 100 years, they're doing what every corporation does, going where the money is, appearing to be woke just looks good from a pr standpoint. They've screwed with copyright laws, they tried to erase an interracial kiss from a tv movie, we had a black president before a black bachelor, and of course, the way they did John Boyega. None of that screams woke.

I would even argue that the chuds don't actually hate wokeness, what they hate is bad writing. A lot of this "woke" stuff rests on it's laurels and is very poorly written.
    Disney isn't woke at all. There's been reports of people in management of the company complaining about the company being "too liberal". Disney didn't hesitate in reducing the prominence of the black lead of The Force Awakens to maximize its Chinese box office. As for some of the race swapping, they've done, I'm sure if you poll most black people and minorities, they probably don't even support or even care about race swapping characters and all that. It's just Disney trying to maximize their box office, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. What I will say is if a studio wants to race swap, put in the work and do something interesting. The "Interview with a Vampire" TV series completely race swapped a lot of the main characters but it had a LOT to say with its story and it was overall well done.

Regarding some of these chuds, the issue is that some folks have now trained themselves to be outraged anytime they see anything "black" in media. Suburban chuds who don't have much interaction with minority groups are extremely paranoid and for whatever reason, suburban voices seem to be overrepresented in some of these discussions. Even in media, a lot of movies set in the 70s and 80s tend to concentrate disproportionately on suburbia.

People have ignored the chuds for a long time but the real problem now is that online outrage is now dictating policy and apparently leading to lawsuits. Guys like Elon Musk (who's company was successfully sued for racial discrimination years ago and even has a transgender child) and very powerful billionaires are fighting hard against black people. Musk has done an excellent job of boosting anti-black posts on Twitter and some of the ugliest, racist commentary is prominent there (I don't go there anymore but on other message boards, I see the horrible stuff posted). All the anti-DEI, anti-CRT, anti-woke e.t.c stuff is just code word for anti-black racism. Republicans have pushed more than 50 bills attacking DEI programs. The billionaire class is basically uniting to screw the American public, but the problem is that so many people think that because they're targeting black people and LGBTIQ people it's not their problem. Musk, Zuckerberg and a number of billionaires are fighting against labor laws (Meta is in court arguing that not being able to profit from data obtained from minors is unconstitutional) confused and a lot of what they are fighting for will have wide ranging impact on the American people. This was the whole reason why people said that people should stay woke in the first instance, people need to understand what's really happening.

All this being said, I don't know why some of these clowns are obsessed with minorities. I legit wonder why a person that has billions of dollars will spend their time belly aching about minorities. If I were a billionaire, I would spend time helping the poor and doing a lot of charity. I would be a like a billionaire superhero but without the physical violence..LOL.
    Last edited by Username taken; 02-16-2024 at 01:25 PM.