Page 83 of 827 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183583 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 12396

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    You know I never even heard of those last two shows. Only Netflix original show I watch, that's not Marvel made, is Voltron. In the past few days I managed to make time to watch season two of Luke Cage and now I'm going to miss it even more.
    The Umbrella Academy was written by buddy from My Chemical Romance.

The comic is starting a new story arc, and the show starts in January(I think).

That being the case, it seems like they might have wrapped up the "Marvel" shows for the year(and cancelled a couple of them) so they would have a nice clean start for The Umbrella Academy in January minus any potential distractions.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post

If Iron Fist and Luke Cage isn't doing crazy numbers then it is might not be worth the effort and Netflix have their original stuff to push soon and while it is not Marvel big they can put from the creator of "Wanted,Kick Ass and Kingsman" and they should get comic fans and genre fans attention.
    It'll be interesting if non big two comics have the "juice" where it really means anything to the general public.

For example, I didn't know Kick Ass and Wanted were comics when they came out. I am not sure how many people know Kingsman came from the comics (I initially didn't).
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    They'll probably move their most popular stuff on there. Maybe some of their old stuff for the nostalgia crowd.
    It is a weird situation.

I imagine they want ot keep their Cable presence so I can't see them moving/duplicating all new episodes into the streaming service of their new shows. So will it be delayed? so it comes out new on cable first and once the season is over dumps on the streaming platform?

Also curious about the vault. Does the vault even mean anything anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    You know I never even heard of those last two shows. Only Netflix original show I watch, that's not Marvel made, is Voltron. In the past few days I managed to make time to watch season two of Luke Cage and now I'm going to miss it even more.
    i watched Castlevania and I think that has a season 2 comign right?

anyway, speaking of Disney, latest MCU short is rumored to be Nick Fury.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It'll be interesting if non big two comics have the "juice" where it really means anything to the general public.

For example, I didn't know Kick Ass and Wanted were comics when they came out. I am not sure how many people know Kingsman came from the comics (I initially didn't).
    As long as they find the shows/movies to be entertaining I don't think the general public is stressing out about the perceived juice of the source material. Your average joe didn't know Blade was a comic character when that movie came out. Same thing goes for Men in Black or the examples you gave.

The Umbrella Academy comics are very good. I still think they should've gone the animated route with this adaptation, but I'm interested in seeing how this turns out nonetheless. Can't say I'm broken up about the loss of Cage...and Iron Fist was terrible so good riddance lol.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

I say no. I did know about Wanted and Kick-Ass and only Kick-Ass was close to the comics (even though I never go back to it) but MillarWorld doesn't hold much weight for me and I'm more comic fan than the GA. They just don't, the general audience has always had a passing visual of Captain America and the major Marvel properties. It was hard for me to get behind The Phantom movie back in 95 and back then I was so into comics. That's going to apply on a macro level with the Millar stuff. Also not for nothin, Wanted sucked and I didn't really even like Kingsman so much. The Marvel stuff isn't coming back but a live-action 'Shithead' isn't even gonna compare.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Umbrella academy is upcoming show based on Dark Horse comic. Millarworld is stuff from Mark Millar who made Kick Ass,Kingman,Wanted,Huck etc. Netflix doesn't have Wanted or Kickass which have deals elsewhere but they have access to other stuff like Jupiter's Legacy or American Jesus.Netflix is publisher for current comics Magic order,Prodigy and Sharkey the Bounty Hunter so they are kinda making a pipeline of original content as well. Netflix is making American Jesus, Jupiter's Legacy, Huck, Empress and Sharkey the Bounty Hunter either shows or a movie.

If Iron Fist and Luke Cage isn't doing crazy numbers then it is might not be worth the effort and Netflix have their original stuff to push soon and while it is not Marvel big they can put from the creator of "Wanted,Kick Ass and Kingsman" and they should get comic fans and genre fans attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    The Umbrella Academy was written by buddy from My Chemical Romance.

The comic is starting a new story arc, and the show starts in January(I think).

That being the case, it seems like they might have wrapped up the "Marvel" shows for the year(and cancelled a couple of them) so they would have a nice clean start for The Umbrella Academy in January minus any potential distractions.
    I'll give The Umbrella Academy a try but I'm not the world's biggest Millar fan so I might hold off on Millarworld for a bit.

i watched Castlevania and I think that has a season 2 comign right?
    Second season starts the 26th and if Wikipedia is to be believed a third has been greenlit. I've seen ads for it I just haven't made the time to sit down and watch it.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    I say no. I did know about Wanted and Kick-Ass and only Kick-Ass was close to the comics (even though I never go back to it) but MillarWorld doesn't hold much weight for me and I'm more comic fan than the GA. They just don't, the general audience has always had a passing visual of Captain America and the major Marvel properties. It was hard for me to get behind The Phantom movie back in 95 and back then I was so into comics. That's going to apply on a macro level with the Millar stuff. Also not for nothin, Wanted sucked and I didn't really even like Kingsman so much. The Marvel stuff isn't coming back but a live-action 'Shithead' isn't even gonna compare.
    It has enough Juice for you to know it that is all that is needed, For me all I need to know The Wachowskis after the Matrix and Sense8 got a view from me. The name(wanted,kiss ass,kingman) okay I know a little about the type of movie and the visuals if they produce a good trailer they will get you in. Hmm Jupiter's Legacy this trailer looks good let me give it a shot I already have Netflix

While we are on the subject of Milliarworld/Netflix

The Pitch

"In Prodigy, the world's smartest man isn't content with running the world's most successful business. His brilliant mind needs constant challenge and so he's become the go-to guy for governments around the world when a problem arises they just can't handle. A Nobel-Prize winning scientist, a genius composer, an Olympic-level athlete and an expert in the occult, Edison Crane is as addicted to the mysteries of the world as he is to sitting at the top of the Fortune 500. These are the tales of the world's most exceptional man and this story marks his first published adventure."

https://media.netflix.com/en/press-r...book-franchise

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    As long as they find the shows/movies to be entertaining I don't think the general public is stressing out about the perceived juice of the source material.
    I'm just saying, that no, "Marvel" or "DC" pops up on something, the general public might pause for a few seconds to see what it is because its recognized. Especially in Marvel's case.

if "Millarworld" or whatever pops up on Netflix, it isn't going to make them pause based on that. They will keep it moving so the auto trailer doesn't start at extreme volume levels lol.

A trailer for "Surviving R. Kelly", a three-part docuseries on Kelly's sexual misconducts.

Extraordinary Member

SLATE:2018 Changed the Game for Halloween Costumes for Black Kids

https://slate.com/culture/2018/10/20...age-lando.html

Ultimate Member

I'm just saying, that no, "Marvel" or "DC" pops up on something, the general public might pause for a few seconds to see what it is because its recognized. Especially in Marvel's case.

if "Millarworld" or whatever pops up on Netflix, it isn't going to make them pause based on that. They will keep it moving so the auto trailer doesn't start at extreme volume levels lol.
    I would say it depends on what it is.

One thing folks forget is the trade market.

Libraries here in Dallas will stock way more stuff from other companies than they do Marvel or DC.

So if you did something like Wicked & Divine or Saga or Rivers of London-you will get folks thanks to those trades.

Especially if it's really diverse. So someone like Lion Forge, Action Lab and especially Valiant will do okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    SLATE:2018 Changed the Game for Halloween Costumes for Black Kids

https://slate.com/culture/2018/10/20...age-lando.html
    Party City has its own dang Black Panther subsection. It's nuts. What a time to be alive!

Even the selectino for all woman is so much better the last few years.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    The victims are all black and his biggest defenders were black women. What's the media/general population going to do when our community itself is like, "Eh, those girls were some fast ass hood rats."
    Sorry for the late follow up.

The media does not give an ox's tail on who black folks like or dislike. The key to is to run stories that will capture the attention of the general population.

No one really cared about Cosby, either. It took repeated stories from various news/TV programs to create the snowball effect. I'm a true crime junkie, and I was surprised to see programs that normally involve murder present stories about Bill Cosby.

People tend to lose interest once the media stops reporting a particular story.

Black women in the US have the highest rate of homicide, yet most stories focus on abused white women.

It does not matter if blacks support a person. The real issue is who that black person is accused of abusing.

If R. Kelly was getting it on with Britney Spears, or Christina Aguilera instead of Aaliyah back then, he'd be trapped in a jail cell with Fleece Johnson.

Extraordinary Member

During that same era Dr Dre threw a woman down a flight of stairs. Snoop beat gun charges. A lot of this about what folks react to and becomes a big story.
    Those two examples are black-on-black violence.

Had Dre put hands on Martha Quinn instead of Dee Barnes...it would have been a whole different story.

The murdered man in the Snoop case was black.

When it comes to spotlighting black-on-black violence Joker said it best.....

Extraordinary Member

I dunno...he was spending a lot of time criticizing black folks rather than the corporate establishment
    One conspiracy theory centered on Cosby trying to purchase NBC.