Page 87 of 828 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187587 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 12411

A Black Woman Reported the MAGABomber to Twitter. Twitter Did Nothing ... Again

Twitter is apologizing for ignoring the warnings of a woman who appealed to administrators at the social media site to censure a man who appears to have issued an implicit threat on her life. That man turned out to be Cesar Sayoc, who is now in custody for allegedly sending pipe bombs to political figures who had drawn the ire of President Donald Trump.

On October 11, two weeks before Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and others began receiving suspicious, potentially explosive packages in the mail, political commentator Rochelle Ritchie reported Sayoc for violating the rules of the Twitter community. Days before he was apprehended by federal authorities, Sayoc used the Official Handbook of Presidential Grammar to warn Ritchie that he was a part of the “Unconquered Seminole Tribe” that could take her on a “nice silent Air boat ride” in the Everglades, adding that she should “hug her loved ones real close” every time she leaves home.

Apparently unconvinced by the threat, Twitter responded to Ritchie’s report by sending her a message saying that they had reviewed her charges and determined that they were unfounded.

https://www.theroot.com/a-black-woma...itt-1830054451

Last night I came online after the sabbath to find out a synagogue had been shot up and 11 killed.

I had a severe anxiety attack and today am still feeling it.

I don't feel safe anywhere

Finn was so badly handled in this series. I still don't understand what the point was to bait and switch everyone like that. Just for a twist? It put a really bad feeling in my mouth and his significant downgrade in TLJ did nothing to make me feel better. That bitterness makes me not even want to watch episode IX unless JJ is able to salvage his character in some way and give him an important role in the conclusion

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I confess to not having read it, but Finn’s story was focused onin Before the Awakening by Greg Rucka.

And I do think Finn is a beloved character. To the extent of T’Challa? No. But still he has his fans. And if nothing else, he provides diversity among the type of black characters we see in media, particularly in fantasy and sci fi franchises. Not everyone needs to be an unflappable, one man army.
    But we have had others in both of those fields to a point. It's just that once that branch was offered-nothing else came after it.

In other words you introduced me to that black guy-now where is everything ELSE at?

Folks want SOMEBODY black to be the pathfinder to fantasy world. ANd that somebody was Finn. If it had worked-it would have helped other franchises like Dark Matter.

Finn was so badly handled in this series. I still don't understand what the point was to bait and switch everyone like that. Just for a twist? It put a really bad feeling in my mouth and his significant downgrade in TLJ did nothing to make me feel better. That bitterness makes me not even want to watch episode IX unless JJ is able to salvage his character in some way and give him an important role in the conclusion
    That was DONE for a reason.

Let John Boyega get the HATE instead of Daisy. Notice once Finn became a joke-the hate died.

I mean that is the new trend-use US as shield for whatever you are making and get away with it.

The only hope for Finn is whatever wave Black Panther still has washing over Star Wars.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    But we have had others in both of those fields to a point. It's just that once that branch was offered-nothing else came after it.

In other words you introduced me to that black guy-now where is everything ELSE at?

Folks want SOMEBODY black to be the pathfinder to fantasy world. ANd that somebody was Finn. If it had worked-it would have helped other franchises like Dark Matter.

That was DONE for a reason.

Let John Boyega get the HATE instead of Daisy. Notice once Finn became a joke-the hate died.

I mean that is the new trend-use US as shield for whatever you are making and get away with it.

The only hope for Finn is whatever wave Black Panther still has washing over Star Wars.
    Oh, I don't know about that...there's plenty of hate still aimed at Rey. A lot of guys can't stop complaining about how this girl has raped their childhood or whatever.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Last night I came online after the sabbath to find out a synagogue had been shot up and 11 killed.

Don't let it get you down, Brother. Robert Bowers is a piece of shit who'll end his life in a metal box, slowly going insane from isolation and boredom. The American Prison system is a hell that only people like him deserve. As for this twisted climate we're all being forced to put up with, like the Arabs say: "This too shall pass."
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

The worst part is that it was at a bris. When the boy grows up, how do you tell him how some of his relatives died?

I am very sorry. I will keep you in my prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    As for this twisted climate we're all being forced to put up with, like the Arabs say: "This too shall pass."
    Shits only going to get worse before it gets better though.

Even if the Blue Wave actually happens (I can't tell how real the wave is + all these voter suppression shenannigans + weird computer glitches), it isn't going to stop shit stain from using his twitter fingers and rallies to continue to promote violence.

Got two more years at minimum before the pieces of trash keep the hate behind closed doors.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Invincible Member

Supposedly Treasure, the black girl who thinks she's white from Dr Phil, is being outed as a hoax.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Supposedly Treasure, the black girl who thinks she's white from Dr Phil, is being outed as a hoax.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    The Finn bait and switch from The Force Awakens still hurts. In their rush to be clever, I don't think they realized how great it would have felt for a lot of young black kids to see one of themselves as the hero of a major franchise, instead of a (sigh) bumbling, cowardly lion with a heart-of -gold Janitor who inspires his white besty to defeat the bad guy by getting his ass kicked. The Last Jedi did a lot to redeem Finn for me, but the betrayal from that swerve still pisses me off. Totally uncalled for.

Now, I know they've had Castlevania season 2 in production since before the Black Panther movie was even announced, but man, I was getting some T'challa vibes from Isaac. That guy was fucking awesome. Best new villain in any franchise I've seen this year.spoilers:
    And he lived too! Too much of a badass to play with any of those silly old death flag tropes.
    end of spoilers

I was honestly surprised by that. I didn't expect a character like that in the series in 1427 or whatever year this takes place.

It really says something that Dracula treated Isaac with more kindness and respect than Bonnie from Vampire Diaries received from people we were supposed to see as heroes.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

It's over for me guys. I learned how to make restaurant-quality fajita vegetables and guac. This is all I'm going to eat for the rest of my life. Gonna get fat and die.

Yeah, Isaac was so cool. Very high concept. Like, why WOULDN'T he be a complete misanthrope? There's no need for nuance or apologia for colonialism with him. He is alive in an era where men who look like him are considered a commodity: the very first white person he met after leaving Dracula's service, tried to put a collar on his neck and kept calling him "it." He's being hunted by wizards who want to sell his testicles as an aphrodisiac. He got stockholmed into loving a master who beat him with a thorny whip. Far as I'm concerned, whatever Isaac ends up doing to that world with his new army won't be nearly enough. Dracula was a true bro, but the rest of mankind can eat shit (Carmilla and Hector included). I like Trevor and Sylph, but if they're going up against my dude, I've already picked my side. All hail the one true Forgemaster.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Shits only going to get worse before it gets better though.

Even if the Blue Wave actually happens (I can't tell how real the wave is + all these voter suppression shenannigans + weird computer glitches), it isn't going to stop shit stain from using his twitter fingers and rallies to continue to promote violence.

Got two more years at minimum before the pieces of trash keep the hate behind closed doors.
    It's crazy.

The United States is a legit scary place for minorities living in predominantly white places.