Page 94 of 824 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194594 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 12354
    Astonishing Member

Feige does seem to be good at keeping what works in a story and getting rid of what doesn't. So hopefully even if he does use professor x/ magneto, he won't lean on it so much that he runs it into the ground, like the fox movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    They did, I think it was during Fraction's run, they moved to san fran, then onto their own island. It didn't pan out.
    It worked ok until schism/ AvX. The biggest weak point if those stories was the constant cyclops worship.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well the X-Men have spun its wheels since Morrison to be honest. They already had Morrison creating weird unique characters who really were mutants in a way (mutants who are brains in jars , one who wears a helmet due to stars in his head etc). But his direction of having humanity fear that within 2-3 generations they would no longer be the dominant species was a good touch. It was hard to follow up on by others who went back to the same well we saw. (Mutants are a minority who are hated and feared).
    Well there was nowhere to go from "Mutants are a super race who WILL take over the earth its just a matter of when". Not to mention it kind of make every other Marvel book irrelevant(Humanity is doomed so whatever Reed Richards, Tony Stark's, etc. plans are, what's the point?).

Living in a world where any rando can spontaneously erupt with powers and punk you forever, is reason enough to be freaked out by Mutants for the average 616 citizen since Supers are actually kinda rare otherwise.
    There are only so many freak accidents with deadly radiation that one can survive.

Hell it was enough to most of the X-writers including Clairmont up until God Loves, Man Kills, which is like the Xmen's Dark Knight Returns, it sold well and was critically acclaimed so Marvel was were gonna revisit it every chance it got.

Funny thing is, for most of Clairmont's tenure on the Xmen he was WAY more interested in X/Magneto as a metaphor for Zionism(X as the Peace loving Ben Guirion and Mags as Warlike Begin) but GL,MK was the first Xmen Graphic Novel so it got more
    hype and CC was never shy about repeating himself.

And Israel's real world right ward shift might have made that stuff less fun for CC to play with, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Feige does seem to be good at keeping what works in a story and getting rid of what doesn't. So hopefully even if he does use professor x/ magneto, he won't lean on it so much that he runs it into the ground, like the fox movies.
    After 6 movies with the relationship, IDK where the hell you go from here anyway.

Especialy now that it seems like Dark Phoenix is doing Genosha. My thougth on MCU mags was to just have him start there... so you knew he existed but he wasn't apart of the main story. He's just on genosha with "his" mutants or whatever.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    After 6 movies with the relationship, IDK where the hell you go from here anyway.

Especialy now that it seems like Dark Phoenix is doing Genosha. My thougth on MCU mags was to just have him start there... so you knew he existed but he wasn't apart of the main story. He's just on genosha with "his" mutants or whatever.
    Feige might not get to the X Men characters for a while.

We know that Black Panther and Spider Man are getting sequels (probably Dr. Strange too but that's not official yet). GOTG also (who is gonna stay on now is the question).

Also with Black Widow and Eternals. That's quite a bit already and we haven't heard a thing about casting for the Xmen.

Unless Feige keeps everybody Fox has on the franchise now which they didn't do with Sony.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Feige might not get to the X Men characters for a while.

We know that Black Panther and Spider Man are getting sequels (probably Dr. Strange too but that's not official yet). GOTG also (who is gonna stay on now is the question).

Also with Black Widow and Eternals. That's quite a bit already and we haven't heard a thing about casting for the Xmen.

Unless Feige keeps everybody Fox has on the franchise now which they didn't do with Sony.
    It is a large brand + they just paid a lot of money.

I could easily seem them simply pushing another movie back. That is what they did with spider-man... the pushed him in the middle of the schedule and moved all the other movies back a date. Big names get priority.

I do wander when they are even allowed to start casting and such though.

I mean, can they cut the balls of of Dark Phoenix by announcing casting for their movies before that movie even plays for instance?

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Agreed about the fewer mutants thing.

As much as the hardcore X-fan is right, Quesada had the right idea that mutants should be fewer and they should be more unique. They should also look more...inhuman (no pun intended..heh heh). Guys like Iceman, Havok, e.t.c could just go about his merry way without anyone knowing they're mutants.

Maybe he went about the wrong way but growing up seeing a mutant in a comic outside of the main X-book was a pretty big deal. It was ultimately better that way IMHO.
    It was still rare to encounter a mutant outside of the x books even before House of M. They were a long way from becoming the majority.

RE: MCU Scheduling

I still can't believe they are going a full year and only putting out Black Widow and Eternals.

I can't see either of those movies doing huge at the box office. Profitable and Successful, yes. I'd assume widow would do Ant-Man type money (on a Ant-Man budget) and Eternals is a pure wild card but top end we are talking... Strange? numbers unless its lightning in a bottle like GoG1

It will just feel odd because the current run of GoG2 > Spidey >Thor 3 > BP > IW > Wasp > CM > Avengers 4 > Spidey 2 is just monstrous/potentially monstrous box office wise

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It was still rare to encounter a mutant outside of the x books even before House of M. They were a long way from becoming the majority.
    Oh, they weren't on their way to becoming a majority, just that there were a bit too many of them. I mean, like how many X-books were there?

It had become most of the line. Writers became so lazy they retconned existing characters into being mutants like Falcon (?).
    Last edited by Username taken; 11-05-2018 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    You know what they should do with the X-Men, put them on the west coast, or the southwest I mean why not, let's avoid the problem of putting all the superheroes in new york. Sure theirs black panther in wakanda and ant man in san fran, but I could see the xmen in texas or new mexico.
    They could always be based in Canada. I believe there was a comic a few years back where a portion of the team was holed up in the old Weapon X facility.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    It don't matter. The roster choices were the single most talked about and high profile controversy regarding the game, even more than the lame graphics. It was basically Marvel and Capcom walking headlong into a PR disaster they could have easily avoided. There's a reason why "functions" became a bonafide meme.
    Yeah I get that but again, speaking solely for the roster, there were other mistakes made aside from the X-Men. So I'm going to ignore the most obvious ones, Sigma, Black Panther and Monster Hunter being DLC, and go straight to characters I feel should've been shoo-ins. For a game that is largely MCU based according to the internet I find Loki to be the most glaring omission along with Iron Fist, who is a returning character with a Netflix show. While Loki would've had to have been from the ground-up Iron Fist should've been easy enough to bring over. I feel Daredevil would've been a great choice as well given his newfound exposure to the general audience. I could keep going but I'd being a fair amount of characters.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

That goes back to what I said about there being multiple problems in the game, but the shenanigans with the X-Men being the most visible. Admittedly, if their PR hadn't been so incredibly bad things might not have gotten quite as out of control, but at least it gave us the function meme.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Oh, they weren't on their way to becoming a majority, just that there were a bit too many of them. I mean, like how many X-books were there?

It had become most of the line. Writers became so lazy they retconned existing characters into being mutants like Falcon (?).
    I'm pretty sure that Falcon being a mutant ( because of his bird communication powers) was teased back in the early/mid-70's but they didn't do much with it then. I'm not sure but it might have been ret-conned into a Cosmic Cube thing? I'm not sure on that one...

One I am sure of was that for a while Cloak and Dagger were ret-conned into mutants, but they eventually undid that change.

Falcon was teased as a mutant during Steve Englehart's Captain America run, as a way to explain his ability to telepathically communicate with Redwing (which was later expanded to all birds under Geoff Johns). Englehart was notably a huge X-Men fan, and was one of the few writers actively doing stuff with the characters in the years between X-Men's cancellation and Claremont coming onboard to make them an A-list franchise (he wrote Beast's short-lived solo feature in Amazing Adventures, had the X-Men figure into the Secret Empire storyline in Captain America, and later made Beast a member of the Avengers). But then the end of his run revealed that Sam's powers came from the Cosmic Cube, as well as the stupid-ass "Snap" Wilson retcon. That seems kind of self-contradictory, but Englehart has claimed he left it ambiguous as to whether or not Red Skull was telling the truth about Snap, but never got a chance to write a follow-up. So it's possible Englehart would've eventually revealed Sam was indeed a mutant and that the whole Cosmic Cube thing was just a lie from the Skull.

Christopher Priest brought back the idea of Sam possibly being a mutant when he wrote the Falcon mini-series in the 80s, when a Sentinel attacked him. This makes sense since the X-Men were now a hot franchise by that time, and Priest himself very obviously hated the whole Snap Wilson retcon (note that he goes out of his way to make fun of how it makes no sense in his Black Panther run). But then Kurt Busiek definitely said that Falcon was not a mutant in his Avengers run, where he had Jarvis state that Falcon's telepathic abilities were indeed from the Cosmic Cube, and that the Sentinel that attacked him was damaged and simply mistook him for a mutant.
    Last edited by Holt; 11-05-2018 at 03:48 PM.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    RE: MCU Scheduling

I still can't believe they are going a full year and only putting out Black Widow and Eternals.

I can't see either of those movies doing huge at the box office. Profitable and Successful, yes. I'd assume widow would do Ant-Man type money (on a Ant-Man budget) and Eternals is a pure wild card but top end we are talking... Strange? numbers unless its lightning in a bottle like GoG1

It will just feel odd because the current run of GoG2 > Spidey >Thor 3 > BP > IW > Wasp > CM > Avengers 4 > Spidey 2 is just monstrous/potentially monstrous box office wise
    I think it's kinda brilliant. Real smart strategy. We're always saying that the superhero genre is over-saturated, and too many of these movies are gonna pop the bubble, so what do they do? Dial back the supply. People should treat the fishing industry as deftly as Feige treats MCU nerds.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Marvel has to reload the system with new franchises and build the next big arc really. I'm sure they will get Guardians group of actors like Pratt resigned to longer deals and will be loading up a new set of characters to do. Having the FF and X-Men are a BOOM to them right now. They can do Galactus coming to Earth now possibly or build an Avengers vs X-Men film up.

Either way I like the idea of Eternals getting a film.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I think it's kinda brilliant. Real smart strategy. We're always saying that the superhero genre is over-saturated, and too many of these movies are gonna pop the bubble, so what do they do? Dial back the supply. People should treat the fishing industry as deftly as Feige treats MCU nerds.
    Eh, that isn't really what happened though.

GoG3 simply got moved because Gunn thought pedo jokes were funny a decade ago lol.

Wasn't like it was planned.

Plus, I think there is a benefit of momentum they are going to lose dropping to BW and Eternals after that epic string of movies.