Page 96 of 827 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196596 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I thought for sure Andrew Gillum was going to win that one, since he had strong support from the former President. And Trump then campaigned for Desantis and won.
    Trump owns florida. Desantis has been a trumper from the beginning. Rich dudes + retirees + the down south latinos really don't like mexicans or black people (its freaking bizarre)

Florida is not really a swing state.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Trump owns florida. Desantis has been a trumper from the beginning. Rich dudes + retirees + the down south latinos really don't like mexicans or black people (its freaking bizarre)

Florida is not really a swing state.
    This is something I don't really know about. I'm very ignorant, since I never been in Florida.

Take with a lot of salt

Star Wars: John Boyega Possibly Teases He Wields a Lightsaber in 'Episode IX'

https://comicbook.com/starwars/2018/...ga-lightsaber/

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Take with a lot of salt

Star Wars: John Boyega Possibly Teases He Wields a Lightsaber in 'Episode IX'

https://comicbook.com/starwars/2018/...ga-lightsaber/

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

It's not hard to believe he'll hold a lightsaber. He did in Ep. 7. Han did in Empire.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I really hope they retcon Midichloridians away. They're stupid and they took all the fun away from Star Wars. Jedi used to be analogous to Wizards, where anyone could learn to use magic, they just had to be really intelligent and hard-working to get any results from it. When they added rare genetics as a requirement for the power, it was just bad storytelling. I hate that Chosen One with the meta gene bullshit.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I really hope they retcon Midichloridians away. They're stupid and they took all the fun away from Star Wars. Jedi used to be analogous to Wizards, where anyone could learn to use magic, they just had to be really intelligent and hard-working to get any results from it. When they added rare genetics as a requirement for the power, it was just bad storytelling. I hate that Chosen One with the meta gene bullshit.
    It's just like Naruto, at first it was "Grit beats natural talent" then Kishimoto was like, "Nahh, you need special eyeballs."

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    It's just like Naruto, at first it was "Grit beats natural talent" then Kishimoto was like, "Nahh, you need special eyeballs."
    Naruto was hardly ever an underdog scenario with Naruto himself being the reincarnation of one of the strongest ninja to ever live while at the same time being partially related to the strongest clan in the series and having a tailed beast. It's kinda funny in a way that Dragon Ball did a somewhat better underdog story unintentionally.

Also I'm sure that Finn will hold a lightsaber just long enough to hand it to Rey.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I used to love Naruto. They lost me with that never-ending third Shinobi war, and all the final fantasy-esque "Surprise, I'M the real final boss!" antics. I also hated that everyone gets to be forgiven and redeemed, except for Kaguya. Nope, f*** you lady, you get to go live in solitarty confinement for the rest of eternity. I find the world the characters live in and endorse to be utterly hypocritical. Like, in any other manga you could think of, the Hidden leaf would totally be the villains.

I used to love Naruto. They lost me with that never-ending third Shinobi war, and all the final fantasy-esque "Surprise, I'M the real final boss!" antics. I also hated that everyone gets to be forgiven and redeemed, except for Kaguya. Nope, f*** you lady, you get to go live in solitarty confinement for the rest of eternity. I find the world the characters live in and endorse to be utterly hypocritical. Like, in any other manga you could think of, the Hidden leaf would totally be the villains.
    So far Naruto is the only manga I've read where segregation and genocide are justified and mass murderers are hailed as heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    So far Naruto is the only manga I've read where segregation and genocide are justified and mass murderers are hailed as heroes.
    Don't forget the importance of eugenics and child soldiers! The rabid nationalism is hilarious too.

Extraordinary Member

Which is better Jedi, or Newtypes (Gundam)?

I'm more partial to Newtypes.

Newtypes. Regular people can evolve into one over time, so it's way more fair. Reflex wise, Newtypes have feats that match or surpass anything the force can do. One of my favorite moments is a Darth vader homage from Gundam F91, where a NT named Carozzo casually kills the guy who stole his wife wihout anyone noticing. Newtypes are scary.

Don't forget the importance of eugenics and child soldiers! The rabid nationalism is hilarious too.
    Yeah Kishimoto really beat you over the head with nationalism in Shippuden. Hell it like the biggest crime one could commit was not genocide or human experimentation but turning their back on their village. As for the child soldiers it's hilarious that Hashirama and Madara got together to end that but then we ended up with the chunin exams.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Which is better Jedi, or Newtypes (Gundam)?

I'm more partial to Newtypes.
    I could take either but I'm going to lean towards Newtypes, always wanted funnel something to death. Of course If I were a Jedi I could potentially learn the Force lightning and I had so much fun with that in the Force Unleashed.

They haven't mentioned Midichloridians at all in the sequels and have outright deconstructed the Chosen One stories of the franchise.

I didn't quite understand people's hatred of Midichloridians until Legend of Korra retconned bending into some super power you were born with as opposed to a skill you could learn.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 11-07-2018 at 08:11 PM.