Page 97 of 827 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197597 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 12396
    Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    They haven't mentioned Midichloridians at all in the sequels and have outright deconstructed the Chosen One stories of the franchise.

I didn't quite understand people's hatred of Midichloridians until Legend of Korra retconned bending into some super power you were born with as opposed to a skill you could learn.
    I don't remember Legend of Korra changing anything. I thought in Avatar: The Last Airbender it was always established that some people were born with the ability of bending and most others weren't.

I also never felt like the original Star Wars movies made it seem like anyone could be a jedi. Luke and Leia were "strong with the force" because their father was a jedi.

If there was a world where literally anyone could have superpowers then who wouldn't have superpowers?
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 11-07-2018 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I don't remember Legend of Korra changing anything. I thought in Avatar: The Last Airbender it was always established that some people were born with the ability of bending and most others weren't.

I also never felt like the original Star Wars movies made it seem like anyone could be a jedi. Luke and Leia were "strong with the force" because their father was a jedi.

If there was a world where literally anyone could have superpowers then who wouldn't have superpowers?
    People who wouldn't want or need them. People who didn't have the means to access them. People who would have been forbidden from gaining them.

Just because super powers were in theory available for all doesn't mean everyone would get them in practice.

Astonishing Member

They haven't mentioned Midichloridians at all in the sequels and have outright deconstructed the Chosen One stories of the franchise.

I didn't quite understand people's hatred of Midichloridians until Legend of Korra retconned bending into some super power you were born with as opposed to a skill you could learn.
    They haven't really deconstructed the 'chosen one' story line. Rey is the 'chosen one,' chosen by the force itself, she's just not 'of royal blood.' But Anakin wasn't 'royal' in the prequels either, and he was still the chosen one from the force.

Lakeith Stanfield has an original anime coming from Netflix.

Set in a war-torn Japan of mechs and magic, Yasuke follows a retired ronin who must take up his sword when he is charged with the task of transporting a mysterious child who dark forces want to eliminate. The series from the animation studio MAPPA will feature the voice of Sorry to Bother You star Lakeith Stanfield as the titular protagonist, which is based on the historical samurai of African origin who fought with Oda Nobunaga. Creator/Director/Executive Producer is LeSean Thomas (The Boondocks, Cannon Busters) while the Grammy-nominated Flying Lotus will compose the music and serve as an Executive Producer.

People who wouldn't want or need them. People who didn't have the means to access them. People who would have been forbidden from gaining them.

Just because super powers were in theory available for all doesn't mean everyone would get them in practice.
    In the franchises that had been mentioned though I definitely think if anyone could have potentially acquired the powers bending or the force then more characters would have.

In Avatar: The Last Airbender there were plenty of fire nation soldiers that weren't firebenders, if they could have become firebenders then they would have, because then the fire nation's military would have been more powerful.

In the original Star Wars trilogy there was literally only two jedi left before Luke became a jedi. Obi-Wan and Yoda just gave up and went into hiding after the rest of their order was destroyed by Vader and the empire, and despite an army of people desperately fighting back against a tyrannical regime for years the only other person who becomes a jedi is the son of a jedi.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    In the franchises that had been mentioned though I definitely think if anyone could have potentially acquired the powers bending or the force then more characters would have.

In Avatar: The Last Airbender there were plenty of fire nation soldiers that weren't firebenders, if they could have become firebenders then they would have, because then the fire nation's military would have been more powerful.

In the original Star Wars trilogy there was literally only two jedi left before Luke became a jedi. Obi-Wan and Yoda just gave up and went into hiding after the rest of their order was destroyed by Vader and the empire, and despite an army of people desperately fighting back against a tyrannical regime for years the only other person who becomes a jedi is the son of a jedi.
    On the flip side, anyone who wanted to become a particle physisist or a data scientist, could do so as well, but those are still really hard gigs to fill. Art reflects life: there's no shortage of common stock grunts to go get beat up for the cause, but actual thinkers embodying qualities beyond that, are rarer. Lots of Conans, comparitively fewer Raistlins.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    On the flip side, anyone who wanted to become a particle physisist or a data scientist, could do so as well, but those are still really hard gigs to fill. Art reflects life: there's no shortage of common stock grunts to go get beat up for the cause, but actual thinkers embodying qualities beyond that, are rarer. Lots of Conans, comparitively fewer Raistlins.
    I get that. It's just with these fantasy/sci-fi franchises we've been talking about it's usually that people with powers have them because they're "special" and different than the average person.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    They haven't really deconstructed the 'chosen one' story line. Rey is the 'chosen one,' chosen by the force itself, she's just not 'of royal blood.' But Anakin wasn't 'royal' in the prequels either, and he was still the chosen one from the force.
    We all thought Rey was Link from Ocarina of Time, when she's more like the Link from WindWaker. No heroic lineage, just someone chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    We all thought Rey was Link from Ocarina of Time, when she's more like the Link from WindWaker. No heroic lineage, just someone chosen.
    Which is so.... boring
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Newtypes. Regular people can evolve into one over time, so it's way more fair. Reflex wise, Newtypes have feats that match or surpass anything the force can do. One of my favorite moments is a Darth vader homage from Gundam F91, where a NT named Carozzo casually kills the guy who stole his wife wihout anyone noticing. Newtypes are scary.

I'm still waiting to see how the F91 era came to pass. I love the UC timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    I could take either but I'm going to lean towards Newtypes, always wanted funnel something to death. Of course If I were a Jedi I could potentially learn the Force lightning and I had so much fun with that in the Force Unleashed.
    The newtype evolution makes more sense to me.

Extraordinary Member

Another mass shooting went down last night at a bar in Thousand Oaks, California.

My thoughts go out to all the victims.

Apparently, some of the victims that survived last night, also where present during the Vegas shooting.

However, it is getting to the point where the it seems foolish to consider a young black male with a hoodie as dangerous entity on two legs in America.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Another mass shooting went down last night at a bar in Thousand Oaks, California.

Apparently, some of the victims that survived last night, also where present during the Vegas shooting.

However, it is getting to the point where the it seems foolish to consider a young black male with a hoodie as dangerous entity on two legs in America.
    Has it been confirmed its another Incel mofo yet?

At least black dudes stay in the hood shooting each other... can't htese dudes just isolate themselves too?

EDIT: nvm found it. white guy, tattoos, had previous domestic issues at his house, drove his moms car to the bar. jesus
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 11-08-2018 at 08:33 AM.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post

Have mercy.

The Boogeyman is cultural and the Murica' version of that isn't gonna change that quickly. No way no how. It don't matter how many lost Caucasian's kick the **** out of their moms the morning of, raid the gun cabinet and go gunning down people. It would be just a Wednesday.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Have mercy.

The Boogeyman is cultural and the Murica' version of that isn't gonna change that quickly. No way no how. It don't matter how many lost Caucasian's kick the **** out of their moms the morning of, raid the gun cabinet and go gunning down people. It would be just a Wednesday.
    bu bu bu but Chicago!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Has it been confirmed its another Incel mofo yet?

At least black dudes stay in the hood shooting each other... can't htese dudes just isolate themselves too?

EDIT: nvm found it. white guy, tattoos, had previous domestic issues at his house, drove his moms car to the bar. jesus
    Conservatives stay throwing black-on-black crime in people's faces. Folks love to bring up Chicago.

Yet, we have this Pym-Particle infused elephant dressed as Red Sonja steadily growing in the room....

White males who perpetrate these mass shooting are so random. White women calling the police on black folks (or just harassing them) do so for the most absurd reasons. The common thread is that folks are engaging in every day life, doing the most mundane of activities, and then one person unleashes hell.

A youtube poster pointed out that perhaps the biggest problem in America is untreated mental illness.