Page 970 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 47087092096096696796896997097197297397498010201070 ... LastLast
Results 14,536 to 14,550 of 19298
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    That's my point though, Chyna was so far above all the women, squashing them, no selling their offense, not taking them seriously at all, etc. so she was a main eventer in the women's division. Yet she was no match for main eventers in the men's division, it's obvious that WWE views men as kayfabe stronger than women since they booked female main eventers like Chyna as at best slightly below midcard guys and way below main event men.

If they did bring back intergender matches (unlikely because of sponsors) you'd likely see top women like Ronda, Becky and Charlotte, with great difficulty, being able to beat guys like Andrade, Humberto Carillo, Shorty G, and Mustafa Ali, smaller midcard guys. But routinely lose decisively to the upper midcard and main event men like AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, Drew McIntyre, Randy Orton, Seth Rollins, Braun and Roman Reigns.
    IIRC, the Women's division in Chyna's era are a joke in comparison to the modern era. I don't think you could compare them to the modern staple.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    IIRC, the Women's division in Chyna's era are a joke in comparison to the modern era. I don't think you could compare them to the modern staple.
    True but they still had women who were presented as serious competitors who weren't treated as simply eye candy like Ivory, Jaqueline, Lita and Molly Holly and Chyna still easily dominated them. I don't think she ever lost clean to a woman, and the only reason she was booked so much stronger than them was because she was so much bigger. She'd be the exact same if she was in this era, with only maybe Nia and Ronda as serious threats to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Corbin might have real world badass credentials, but he's certainly not booked like he has them.

I remember that, I found the idea of Corbin being tougher than her very dubious at the time
    You may find it dubious, but I think the fact that the WWE book Corbin to dominate argaubly the biggest female star in modern day wrestling history tells us what we need to know.

Your entire arguement is based on booking trumping realism... but the booking and realism were apparently on the same page as far as male vs female wrestlers go. Becky, the who not only is the face of womens wrestling but arguably is the face of the whole company at this point, as dominant as she is wasn't booked in a way where she came off physically as a match for Corbin. And if Becky wasn't booked that way, what female would be? MAYBE Ronda... that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Corbin is a regional two time golden gloves champion, so the guy can fight. Rhea isn't going to out power or out fight Corbin (which has been her big edge against most women she wrestlers). Can she out wrestle Corbine? Debatable, since neither is frankly known for it.
    LOL, and so's my uncle bobby. remember the time you told us about alexa bliss kickboxing background and then tried to convince us she's probably stronger than bayley because of her bodybuilding background??

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    LOL, and so's my uncle bobby. remember the time you told us about alexa bliss kickboxing background and then tried to convince us she's probably stronger than bayley because of her bodybuilding background??
    And I'm willing to bet your uncle bobby can get the better of Rhea Ripley in a fight too, at or at least close to his physical peak.

Rhea is big and tall... which works well enough at telling the story that she's bigger and stronger than the females she wrestlers. But Corbin is bigger and taller, so that doesn't net Rhea anything. The fact that Corbin has a boxing background is just icing on the cake.
    Last edited by XPac; 01-26-2020 at 12:17 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    And I'm willing to bet your uncle bobby can get the better of Rhea Ripley in a fight too, at least in his peak.

Rhea is big and tall... which works well enough at telling the story that she's bigger and stronger than the females she wrestlers. But Corbin is bigger and taller, so that doesn't net Rhea anything. The fact that Corbin has a boxing background is just icing on the cake.
    Heath Slater has a boxing background too. Still don't see him getting the better of Rhea.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

quick question: does haku/meng have any kind of combat/martial arts training, considering what we know about him and his rep?

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Heath Slater has a boxing background too. Still don't see him getting the better of Rhea.
    He probably wouldn't for the simple reason that Heath probably wouldn't fight back against a woman. Most male faces wouldn't (though there are a few exceptions, like the Austins or the Ortons). Based on his interaction with Becky, Corbin doesn't seem to have that problem.
    Last edited by XPac; 01-26-2020 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    quick question: does haku/meng have any kind of combat/martial arts training, considering what we know about him and his rep?
    He studied Sumo (which is actually considered a combat sport/martial art).

it's gonna be hard for me to enjoy the rumble after today.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I haven't watched main roster WWE since Survivor Series. I'm going to be lost once the Rumble starts.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I'm a couple days late to the game on this one. But ...I have to weigh in on the whole Intergender wrestling situation deal. Here is the real deal...

- Men vs Women in wrestling has happened for a number of years. In the era of ECW people could point at the male on female violence as a negative sure. With the Pit Bulls putting Francine through a table.

But along the way ECW also had it where a woman like Beluh could brutalize a man like Bill Alphonso in a match (that saved Fonzie's job as we know now) and show her being a tough woman. The nature of the industry changed as the 2000's ran through .

Women like Trish Stratus , Mickie James , Lita and Victoria was the type of women you could say , damn they are better than half the male roster if not the best at times during RAW's. If someone had told me , were gonna put the WWE World title on one of them for the summer as a fun deal and let them have a small run against some of male roster til they drop it back to Cena ...I'd be for it.

Because the industry had changed. Women could literally work matches and do it well enough. Its pro wrestling , if a 5'3 guy named Rey Mysterio Jr can be World Champion in today's era then so could Lita or Victoria. The era of size and belief only big men can be World Champion ended a long time ago. If a woman had talent and was over they should get that chance.

Now I'm no Tessa fan due to her behavior outside the ring. If TNA years ago had the idea to make Awesome Kong , TNA World Champion I'd have thought...ok that is a grand idea. Lets roll with it. Because Kong was a fucking monster woman in a division. Imagine her vs Samoa Joe having a face off in ring as she challenges Joe ! That would have been kinda awesome to think about. Because its 2 unstoppable forces meeting in a way.

The whole deal reminds me of some guy on a website claiming a woman can't possibly win a sword fight against a man after watching The Witcher. As I joked this man may not wanna watch Red Sonja where she battled Conan in a long sword fight and held her own very well. Its an entertainment industry , women can do this now .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

his 13 year old daughter was in the chopper too.

goddamnit..........

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    You have to love what Nick Aldi's and the NWA is doing. Making the NWA title bigger than any one promotion. It adds a little excitement to the wrestling world.

Congrats to Thunder Rosa. I love what she brings to the table.

Also Ricky Sparks is that dude.

What I love about the NWA is that nearly everyone can cut a promo. I can't say that about any other promotion.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

i will never call chad gable that stupid ass name.