Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm a little surprised they would release him given he was getting a descent push with a top talent.
    The story has been updated and his contract expired. He and the company were still negotiating terms when his contract came to an end. Things could still work themselves out.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The story has been updated and his contract expired. He and the company were still negotiating terms when his contract came to an end. Things could still work themselves out.
    i was just thinking the other day that WWE has pretty much all of the catch point dudes signed(plus thatcher). if they ever move undisputed era guys to main roster catch point could fill the void left in NXT.
    did anybody else watch the thatcher vs catch point saga in EVOLVE??

seriously though bayley vs charlotte is happening next week right?? so is charlotte a fukn heel or what??

If his contract expired, then that would mean he's a free agent. It'll be interesting to see if AEW is interested enough to start any sort of bidding war. Nice for Drew if he can get a better pay day out of this. Either way I do sort of hope he sticks around. I'm enjoying his stuff with Bryan so far.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i was just thinking the other day that WWE has pretty much all of the catch point dudes signed(plus thatcher). if they ever move undisputed era guys to main roster catch point could fill the void left in NXT.
    did anybody else watch the thatcher vs catch point saga in EVOLVE??

seriously though bayley vs charlotte is happening next week right?? so is charlotte a fukn heel or what??
    I only saw bits and pieces of Catchpoint but yeah that's Shooters Club needs to happen on the big stage.

If his contract expired, then that would mean he's a free agent. It'll be interesting to see if AEW is interested enough to start any sort of bidding war. Nice for Drew if he can get a better pay day out of this. Either way I do sort of hope he sticks around. I'm enjoying his stuff with Bryan so far.
    AEW would be dumb to throw any big offer at him, he's very talented but not worth a bidding war over especially with the current flood of free agents.

so is charlotte heel or wtf??

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I only saw bits and pieces of Catchpoint but yeah that's Shooters Club needs to happen on the big stage.
    riddle is already past the point where being a member would benefit him but he could be there foil. gulak, hotsauce, yehi and i'd add either ruas or busick.

Astonishing Member

riddle is already past the point where being a member would benefit him but he could be there foil. gulak, hotsauce, yehi and i'd add either ruas or busick.
    I would love to see Chad Gable get a reset with catchpoint.Big fan of Ruas.

I don't see Gulak being a good fit for AEW. RoH and the junior division of New Japan will be more his speed.

I don't see Gulak being a good fit for AEW. RoH and the junior division of New Japan will be more his speed.
    agree on AEW, disagree on NJPW jr. the best gulak matches i've seen have been against guys like thatcher, busick, riddle, hero, mcintyre and other non jr style guys. he had a good run in 205 live but that's a different animal than NJPW jr division.

I would guess AEW is the only place he might consider over re-signing with the WWE since they're the only other game in town at the moment and he's not being used that badly in the WWE. Negotiating with AEW honestly might just be a way to try and get a better contract more than anything else. Though who knows.

agree on AEW, disagree on NJPW jr. the best gulak matches i've seen have been against guys like thatcher, busick, riddle, hero, mcintyre and other non jr style guys. he had a good run in 205 live but that's a different animal than NJPW jr division.
    I think New Japan jr division could use a guy like Gulak as they moved up Ospreay and Shingo to heavyweight. I'm sure Sukuzi-Gun could use a jr solo guy for the group.

I would guess AEW is the only place he might consider over re-signing with the WWE since they're the only other game in town at the moment and he's not being used that badly in the WWE. Negotiating with AEW honestly might just be a way to try and get a better contract more than anything else. Though who knows.
    Considering the type of wrestler Gulak is I don't see him fitting into that product. He can use them to leverage a better deal sure but going there I don't see it.

He can always go back to Evolve. If it's true that his contract just expired, then he didn't leave WWE on bad terms. Being in Evolve would still keep him in WWE's wheelhouse since they have a working relationship with them, and WWE could always bring him back if they wanted to that way.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Considering the type of wrestler Gulak is I don't see him fitting into that product. He can use them to leverage a better deal sure but going there I don't see it.
    In theory, he could fit by not fitting.

He can do the no fly zone thing and speak out against high risk stuff that a lot of AEW guys do, similar to what he did with 205 live. He could even broaden it a bit and become a more Cornette character, championing more traditional wrestling over some of the more sports entertainment stuff they do like Orange Cassidy. It could work. That could get heat with the core AEW fanbase.

THat said, I hope he works things out with the WWE.

Ultimate Member

Supposedly he asked for a raise, and they turned him down and pulled their original offer. Hopefully they work something out because he'd be a good investment long-term I think.