Page 1252 of 1263 FirstFirst ... 2527521152120212421248124912501251125212531254125512561262 ... LastLast
Results 18,766 to 18,780 of 18939
  1. #18766
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    With the Orishas
    Posts
    6,831

    Default

    Meanwhile, it seems Roman had some dental work done.

    His teeth look much more prominent than before.
    "Obviously not all conservatives are racists/bigots but all racists/bigots claim to be conservative"- Unknown

    "BE WOKE, VOTE!!"

  2. #18767
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    14,382

    Default

    So according to a online report The Rock has told the WWE he is willing to return to work Wrestlemania and work with Roman there. It should be a fun deal and I may have to watch that.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  3. #18768
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So according to a online report The Rock has told the WWE he is willing to return to work Wrestlemania and work with Roman there. It should be a fun deal and I may have to watch that.

  4. #18769
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I really like Reigns like this. This is how WWE should have handled Reigns FOR A WHILE now. The guy's a natural bad ass that has a look that screams "I don't give a crap".

    The story between him and Uso was amazing. Seriously, other wrestling promotions should watch and take notes (granted its not family but the whole Kenny Omega and Hangman Page thing at AEW is terribly dull).
    He's an entertaining enough heel to the point where I think they'll probably make him a face again somewhere down the line. Though hopefully not too soon. He's good at what he's doing right now.

  5. #18770
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    With the Orishas
    Posts
    6,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    He's an entertaining enough heel to the point where I think they'll probably make him a face again somewhere down the line. Though hopefully not too soon. He's good at what he's doing right now.
    Yeah. He'll definitely become a face somewhere down the line.

    But he's pretty fantastic in his current role.
    "Obviously not all conservatives are racists/bigots but all racists/bigots claim to be conservative"- Unknown

    "BE WOKE, VOTE!!"

  6. #18771
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yeah. He'll definitely become a face somewhere down the line.

    But he's pretty fantastic in his current role.
    Sort of like Danie Bryan. Eco-terrorist heel Daniel Bryan was so much fun, and he did the absolute best mic work of his career. They turned him face way too soon.

    I think pretty much everyone does their best work as a heel.

  7. #18772
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Sort of like Danie Bryan. Eco-terrorist heel Daniel Bryan was so much fun, and he did the absolute best mic work of his career. They turned him face way too soon.

    I think pretty much everyone does their best work as a heel.
    daniel bryan best work i felt was during his inital end of his nxt run , his very real,very bitter shoot comments towards wwe ,michael cole ,etc. his feud with michael cole was an awesome shoot work.

    Last edited by marshal88; 09-28-2020 at 08:22 AM.

  8. #18773
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,273

    Default

    Wow Roman Reigns just took it to the next level of greatness. Great match and story-telling. Power vs agility,family vs family-real main event shit. Vince finally took the Big dog off the leash and he's doing the damn thing. Props to Jey Uso too he really played his part well.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 09-28-2020 at 12:16 PM.

  9. #18774
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Wow Roman Reigns just took it to the next level of greatness. Great match and story-telling. Power vs agility,family vs family-real main event shit. Vince finally took the Big dog off the leash and he's doing the damn thing. Props to Jey Uso too he really played his part well.
    Yeah, I think all the well deserved praise praise for Roman almost overshadows what a good job Uso did. He was put in a main event spot, and did a great job as far as telling a story and putting over Roman. Definitely a memorable outing for both.

  10. #18775
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    10,388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think pretty much everyone does their best work as a heel.
    Heels get to call the matches.

    Heels get to set the promo goals.

    Heels get to lead.

    Bret Hart and Chris Jericho tell wonderful stories about their reactions to being turned heel for the first time.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  11. #18776
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, I think all the well deserved praise praise for Roman almost overshadows what a good job Uso did. He was put in a main event spot, and did a great job as far as telling a story and putting over Roman. Definitely a memorable outing for both.
    Yeah man. I hope they continue to build this story and I can easily see the Rock stepping into this.

  12. #18777
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    14,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Heels get to call the matches.

    Heels get to set the promo goals.

    Heels get to lead.

    Bret Hart and Chris Jericho tell wonderful stories about their reactions to being turned heel for the first time.
    A lot of the time its both men who can call it in ring be it heel or face as they go . There are numerous stories either heel or face where a guy with the other would call it in ring. Flair & Steamboat called their entire 60-90 minute matches in ring. A fact Flair himself would brag up that him or Ricky Steamboat didn't need to rehearse or line out spots. They would call the match in ring as they went.

    Flair himself joked about Randy Savage who would plot matches out and actually had Steamboat at his house to rehearse their Wrestlemania III match. Flair said Steamboat could have done what they would do where both men called the match as they went but Savage was different.


    Mark Madden detailed a story that back when Raven & Benoit would be feuding , DDP was brought into that storyline. Anyhow before a match Benoit is drinking coffee watching them set up the ring and Page according to Madden handed Chris a script of the match. Chris took it and chugged saying him and Raven would call it in ring with Page. DDP its said loved to script out matches. (a fact Flair in his book brought up)

    But you get the idea , usually its 2 talented guys calling it in ring as the match goes or its scripted out very well. Sometimes a veteran takes the lead and helps the younger guy etc. Promo wise its correct heels get more leeway and it helps many in their careers. Jericho was helped by a heel turn as we know. He rehearsed in front of a mirror to help himself basically.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  13. #18778
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Yeah man. I hope they continue to build this story and I can easily see the Rock stepping into this.
    I wouldn't be shocked if they dragged Rikishi into all of this. Heyman getting a stink face might be funny. And Roman putting a bead down on Rikishi would be a nice way to get some head.

    But yes, getting the Rock would be the ultimate pay off if they can make it happen.

  14. #18779
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,483

    Default

    A lot of the time its both men who can call it in ring be it heel or face as they go . There are numerous stories either heel or face where a guy with the other would call it in ring. Flair & Steamboat called their entire 60-90 minute matches in ring. A fact Flair himself would brag up that him or Ricky Steamboat didn't need to rehearse or line out spots. They would call the match in ring as they went.
    Cynical Me: They had a lot of time to talk about their matches during some of those 5 minute rest holds in those 90 minute matches!! :P Kid me found those matches totally boring, although rewatching bits of it back, I'm a lot more appreciative now.

    There's lots of clips of Jericho talking loudly to his opponent and leading them through the spot, etc. To me the hardest thing would be to act like you're doing one thing while saying another.

  15. #18780
    Extraordinary Member Malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Freeville, NY
    Posts
    8,904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Heels get to call the matches.

    Heels get to set the promo goals.

    Heels get to lead.

    Bret Hart and Chris Jericho tell wonderful stories about their reactions to being turned heel for the first time.
    It's the same with movie and TV actors. They love playing the villain and why not? I mean, the hero's motivation is obvious. They do the right thing because you're supposed to do the right thing. But why does the villain do the wrong thing? There are all types of motivation there: greed, revenge, insanity, etc. Playing the villain is usually more interesting than playing the hero.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •