Page 870 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 370770820860866867868869870871872873874880920970 ... LastLast
Results 13,036 to 13,050 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Honestly I think him , Kenny and Bucks have a big issue if they ever get the belts. People will look at it as nepotism. Its what has hurt HHH in a lot of ways. People always point out that he wouldn't have been on top for years on end as top heel if not for Stephanie and his marriage. Cody nay sense that and its why he put stipulation in. That way he can not have a reason to get the title for a long time (if ever).

I do give props to all of them for not putting the belts on themselves to start . They are letting the talent they assembled do the job.
    I'm sure they'll get that criticism, though at the same time I don't think it's entirely fair. Any of the Elite legitimately do deserve to be top stars and champions. And I'll say the same for Triple H... he was and should have been a top star regardless of whether or not he banged Steph. But I suppose that comes with the territory when you're a booker who is also a full time performer. It's not entirely fair... but it is what it is.

But I do agree the Elite are intentionally keeping themselves out of the title picture, and it's smart to do it. They're the stars with or without the belts.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Just think, all of this because Vince wouldn't let Cody drop that stupid Stardust gimmick.
    his loss. our gain.

Astonishing Member
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm sure they'll get that criticism, though at the same time I don't think it's entirely fair. Any of the Elite legitimately do deserve to be top stars and champions. And I'll say the same for Triple H... he was and should have been a top star regardless of whether or not he banged Steph. But I suppose that comes with the territory when you're a booker who is also a full time performer. It's not entirely fair... but it is what it is.

But I do agree the Elite are intentionally keeping themselves out of the title picture, and it's smart to do it. They're the stars with or without the belts.

Its not that HHH wasn't a star and his time as the 1999/2000 HHH was perhaps the best heel in business and at top of the game. Its just usually newer heels ascend and there was times where usually a new top heel comes in and takes the spot as we'd see in company. Its just as some brought up over the years being married to Steph seemingly allowed HHH to have a never ending top heel push.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Also the MJF heel turn was absolute Russo given what we saw the last couple months. The pre-shows building to the Dynamite debut had him playing a heel. Then suddenly he turns face for a month and then goes back to heel. It was like some Russo booking. Had they spent a few months making the guy be close to Cody maybe it works. Maybe if they had debuted in August and ran til now it would make sense to do the heel turn.

But yeah the guy turning as much as Big Show makes it more funny.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Also the MJF heel turn was absolute Russo given what we saw the last couple months. The pre-shows building to the Dynamite debut had him playing a heel. Then suddenly he turns face for a month and then goes back to heel. It was like some Russo booking. Had they spent a few months making the guy be close to Cody maybe it works. Maybe if they had debuted in August and ran til now it would make sense to do the heel turn.

It SORT OF made sense. I don't think MJF was ever really a face, so much as he was a heel that just happened to be friends with a face.

But I think they could have executed it a bit better. They should have done more to reinforce the notion that they were good friend. They telegraphed the angle without enough build up.

That said, MJF still got a pretty good reaction. It worked well enough... though it could have been a lot better.

It SORT OF made sense. I don't think MJF was ever really a face, so much as he was a heel that just happened to be friends with a face.

But I think they could have executed it a bit better. They should have done more to reinforce the notion that they were good friend. They telegraphed the angle without enough build up.

That said, MJF still got a pretty good reaction. It worked well enough... though it could have been a lot better.

I think they should have done ...a DQ ending for the 1st Jericho/Rhodes match and had it end with a wild brawl and MJF pledging to be in his corner next time so this doesn't happen. Then you do that stipulation Cody laid out the next PPV. This give MJF more time to build that onscreen friendship with Cody and you build that heel turn. You put more months into it.

Ultimate Member

That Omega vs Mox match. Damn, those guys went.all.in.

That's probably the best hardcore match I've seen in years. It was crazy

Ultimate Member

Bea vs. Britt was, not as terrible as I was expecting. Iffy at first, but got better later on. However, while I'm not a huge fan of Bea, but I'd push her over Britt. This push, isn't working. She's just missing something, and Bea carried the bulk of this match. Their obsession with Britt is, puzzling?

The tag title match was really fun. Fenix is awesome.

The women's title match was also very good. Wonder who Riho's next challenger will be now?

Janela vs. Spears was probably the weakest match of the night.

Page vs. Pac was a nice hard hitting fight. A bit surprised at who won, and I'd have gone the other way myself, but still really good match.

Cody vs. Jericho was awesome, and MJF going full-on bastard was predictable, but still worked. I'm curious to see how they get out of Cody's stipulation, and how long they wait to do so?

Moxley vs. Omega was even more brutal than I expected it to be, and Moxley looked like a beast. He definitely should be the one to dethrone Jericho, I'm certain of that now.

All in all, really good show overall.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

You're right that MJF has never turned face. He's been a heel all along. Their "friendship" has been playing out on social for a long while in posts and videos with MJF hanging out at their house and being part of their family. It just wasn't built up on TV enough.

Astonishing Member

I always just kinda saw it as MJF sucking up to Cody because he was the boss and a top contender.

My thoughts:

- Baker/Priestly was an average match, not good, not bad. The Kong part was the best part. We need more Kong!

- Ortiz/Santana/Bucks was stellar. I'd give it a sold B+. For a losing effort, I thought the Bucks looked way too good in the beginning & middle, but the end made up for it. LAX were the only thing I liked from TNA and I think this AEW version is going to be amazing.

- Page/PAC was a great follow up to that tag team match. I'd give it a solid B. Page really won me over and PAC did a great job letting Page shine. I'm becoming a Hangman fan!

- Spears/Janela was pretty average. C+ at best, largely due to Janela's ring work. He is looking to be AEW's main workman jobber.

- SCU/Private Party/Lucha Bros was another B+ tag team match! I really hope the Lucha Bros get a solo shot soon, they are over and can work! Private Party have been pretty "meh" to me but this match let them show of their uniquness and I got pretty hyped. SCU's win was classic Dusty heel work and I loved it. And the Fallen Angel is back.

- Riho/Sakura was easily AEW's best women's match to date, A- for me! Crowd seemed a bit tired during that match and I loved the play on Riho's first win over Sakura being used again. This match should've opened, I know hindsight is 20/20, but still ...

- Jericho/Cody was MOTN! Solid A and AEW's best match ever to date. Jericho ran some classic heel programming along with some Jericho twists and turns. Cody properly evoked family moments in and out of the ring. Was totally confused why this was not the MAIN EVENT. Wasn't expecting Jericho to win until they changed the match order. Props to Cody for stellar ring work, new sequences, using family respectfully & logically, and for not pulling the trigger on himself. This ain't the WWE ... even though it made total sense for Cody to win.

- Omega/Mox was a bit of letdown after the AEW title match, but still a B+ for me. I think this was one of the better hardcore matches I've seen in the last 10 years. Not too much garbage wrestling and nice builds to each spot. I am just not a fan of hardcore, so parts of this match didn't hit for me. I wasn't a fan of all the WWE shade and callouts (like the screwdriver). I'm not an Omega fan either but man ... he should be chasing Jericho after he wins this feud. Omega is the only OG Elite that should ever touch a belt IMHO. Moxley needs to feud with Hangman after Omega next I think. I did rather enjoy the wood panel mat ending.

I'd give the PPV a B+ overall, the best AEW has put out so far.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 11-10-2019 at 10:22 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The thing with HHH is that he's the type of guy who works with the guys who make money but would never be the draw. No matter how good he was he would never be on the level of Rock and Austin. He never had it in him to be a top star.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

MJF turn wasn't absolute Russo. Fans have been anticipating his turn since he aligned with Cody. He even teased turning twice beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    MJF turn wasn't absolute Russo. Fans have been anticipating his turn since he aligned with Cody. He even teased turning twice beforehand.
    The quick silly turns back and forth that aired was Russo era WWF. Where some guys would turn heel/face comically for a short stint and back. It made me think of Big Show's quick turns.