Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I'd like to see a Dark Side of the Ring on The Dynamite Kid.

Guy was an amazing wrestler but was a dickhead, roided out, stiff bully that died paralyzed.
    That's a good pick.

Mildred Burke story would make for a good women's focused story for dark side.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Mildred Burke story would make for a good women's focused story for dark side.
    Mildred Burke
    Chyna
    Sunny would all be good candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Mildred Burke
    Chyna
    Sunny would all be good candidates.
    Chyna would be difficult as most of the principal players are in WWE. Billy Gunn and X-Pac would be wrestlers close to her they can realistically feature.

Ultimate Member

Elias vs. Corbin was, fine.

WWE was being very, selective, about what "complaints" Charlotte brought up. Lack of character growth, her entire aesthetic being about her dad, the booking, etc. You know, stuff they could fix but don't. Having Bayley there just highlighted it more since she HAS had major character growth. This story had better lead to Sasha FINALLY getting a proper title reign/run at the top. That's the only proper payoff at this point.

Bryan vs. Drew was awesome. The kind of technical clinic that works great for an empty arena show like this. I do hope that Drew gets to start winning some big matches relatively soon.

WWE should have been giving Sonya mic time LONG before now, she's good at it. Dolph and Sonya win hopefully, then we get a Street Fight/No-DQ match between Mandy and Sonya at Extreme Rules please.

I'm conflicted on who I want to win next week. Sheamus only needs the IC title to become a Grand Slam Champion. But Bryan vs. Jeff could be a really fun contrast of styles, hmm.

The main event was fun.

Pretty good show overall.

Astonishing Member

WWE was being very, selective, about what "complaints" Charlotte brought up. Lack of character growth, her entire aesthetic being about her dad, the booking, etc. You know, stuff they could fix but don't. Having Bayley there just highlighted it more since she HAS had major character growth. This story had better lead to Sasha FINALLY getting a proper title reign/run at the top. That's the only proper payoff at this point.
    My crazy prediction is that eventually Mandy convinces Otis to give her the briefcase and she cashes in on Sasha Banks right after she wins the title. (Causing her to lose in her first defense again)

Bryan vs. Drew was awesome. The kind of technical clinic that works great for an empty arena show like this. I do hope that Drew gets to start winning some big matches relatively soon.
    The payoff has to be that eventually Drew wins a big match, right? Bryan is going away soon. He either coaches Drew to a big win or Drew turns on him and takes Bryan out.

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    Kylie Rae is an amazing competitor, she came out of the midwest independents - namely Freelance Wrestling and Black Label Pro

had a great rivalry with Ethan Page over the Freelance title

I think AEW wasnt a right fit for her and Impact suits her just fine
    AEW women's division is in a much bettre place currently imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Elias vs. Corbin was, fine.

WWE should have been giving Sonya mic time LONG before now, she's good at it. Dolph and Sonya win hopefully, then we get a Street Fight/No-DQ match between Mandy and Sonya at Extreme Rules please.

I'm conflicted on who I want to win next week. Sheamus only needs the IC title to become a Grand Slam Champion. But Bryan vs. Jeff could be a really fun contrast of styles, hmm.

The main event was fun.

Pretty good show overall.
    is charlotte a heel?? i was guessing she'd be showing up on RAW soon to start a program to get the belt off of aska.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Some good Dark Side of the Ring potential episodes.

- Mildred Burke
    - Chyna
    - Sunny...

My picks...

- The WWF Ring Boy scandal that blew up in the late 1980's.
    - The Rise and Fall of Adrian Adonis
    - The Main Event Championship Wrestling debacle (google it from 2002)
    - The Daffney/TNA situation.

There are some more I'm sure if we think about it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    My crazy prediction is that eventually Mandy convinces Otis to give her the briefcase and she cashes in on Sasha Banks right after she wins the title. (Causing her to lose in her first defense again)

The payoff has to be that eventually Drew wins a big match, right? Bryan is going away soon. He either coaches Drew to a big win or Drew turns on him and takes Bryan out.
    I'll probably be the heel thing, as I'm not entirely sure how interesting a face Drew would be without Daniel. He's OKAY... but I think he'll have an easier time as a heel feeding off of putting Bryan on the shelf.

What they do with Otis will be interesting, because I think it's harder to justify a face holding onto MitB for too long than a heel. Heels are often inherently cowardly (outside of the monster heels), so they can string things out. If a face waits TOO long, they might come off as scared.

I sort of wish a MitB winner could cash in on any title. That might make things a bit more interesting.

Smackdowns womans division is in a weird place. There's literally no one left for Bayley to feud with aside from Mandy (who is pretty busy doing her own thing) and Sasha. But I don't think they want to rush Sasha's inevitable turn on Bayley. I think they want to take their time with it. I suppose they might be building up Dana to get added to the mix just to give Bayley SOMETHING to do, aside from the Charlotte thing. I suppose that's the downside of giving someone a super long title reign. Yeah Bayley deserves it... but it has the unfortunate effect of holding everyone else down.
    Last edited by XPac; 05-16-2020 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

What they do with Otis will be interesting, because I think it's harder to justify a face holding onto MitB for too long than a heel. Heels are often inherently cowardly (outside of the monster heels), so they can string things out. If a face waits TOO long, they might come off as scared.
    It's not difficult to have a face hold it for a while. They perfected it with RVD's cash in. Do that again with a guy they will actually put the title on.

It's not difficult to have a face hold it for a while. They perfected it with RVD's cash in. Do that again with a guy they will actually put the title on.
    Rvd waited until the ecw ppv, so there was a very specific reason he held off. Maybe they have something specific in mind for Otis too... I still think it's harder to string it on for too long though. But we'll see.

Astonishing Member

Can someone please tell Nyla Rose to stop cheesing to the camera. Be a heel first, let the fans turn you into a cool heel later.

I'm a little surprised they would release him given he was getting a descent push with a top talent.