Page 876 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 376776826866872873874875876877878879880886926976 ... LastLast
Results 13,126 to 13,140 of 19298
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Which he won't.

This is a new financial era for the WWE. They have a billion dollar deal for Smackdown. They have a yearly 100 million dollar deal from the two Saudi shows. They have the Network. They have USA deal.

They are making the kind of money, where they can reduce house shows.They can afford to have Owens to be a part time worker making full time money.

While the Kahn family has that kind of money, AEW does not.
    but for KO to be a part-timer, he has to be in a position where he can ask to be a part timer. and all of the part timers in the company are people who are big enough stars to afford to be part timers (brock) or have stuff going on outside of the E that allows them toto make money without needing the E (the rock, cena etc.)

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

https://twitter.com/GoGoMyles/status...b-IkD9L_gz4k60

so................ACH is well pass done with the E.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

If only it was that easy. WWE will lock him down for how many years he signed for. He burned a lot of bridges when he attacked Jay Lethal. Who the hell would hire him now?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    If only it was that easy. WWE will lock him down for how many years he signed for. He burned a lot of bridges when he attacked Jay Lethal. Who the hell would hire him now?
    I know I wouldn't. He is going full Antonio Brown. It's not really hard to make the WWE the bad guy especially on issues of race.Most American wrestling promotions don't have a great history on that subject.

But dude is making the WWE look sympathetic which is borderline miracle.

I would not touch this guy for awhile.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Even the Twitter users are just ripping ACH hard in this one.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

This whole ACH debacle taught me that the kids these days call WWE fanatics Vincels.

Thank you ACH!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    I would say that's fairly stable, especially when compared to the nascent days of say, TNA or RoH.
    TNA's ratings were fine too--it was making money--until they went on a crazy spending spree trying to compete with WWE.

That's kind of going to be the big test, as AEW grows, they need to be careful to not make the same mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    I wonder if you'd be saying that if he went to AEW instead. From what I've seen a lot of people (mostly AEW fans) were praising Punk as the greatest thing ever when they thought he would sign with AEW. Now that he's not all of a sudden he isn't so great.
    hi, i'm L-Lbo. i've been saying i don't get why people are so wild about punk since there was these guys called ROHbots riding his jock before he even stepped foot in WWE. nice to meet you.

Which he won't.

This is a new financial era for the WWE. They have a billion dollar deal for Smackdown. They have a yearly 100 million dollar deal from the two Saudi shows. They have the Network. They have USA deal.

They are making the kind of money, where they can reduce house shows.They can afford to have Owens to be a part time worker making full time money.

While the Kahn family has that kind of money, AEW does not.
    that said WWE isn't going anywhere and it seems if you're talented enough leaving WWE can significantly raise your stock if you want to return. also i think you're underestimating his closeness to the bucks.

LBO is an old standby on the wrestling boards like Royal, Super, Brian, Gryph, MOR, Huf, Clay, IW, etc. probably forgot a few.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    hi, i'm L-Lbo. i've been saying i don't get why people are so wild about punk since there was these guys called ROHbots riding his jock before he even stepped foot in WWE. nice to meet you.

that said WWE isn't going anywhere and it seems if you're talented enough leaving WWE can significantly raise your stock if you want to return. also i think you're underestimating his closeness to the bucks.
    You don't like B-Dazzler, either, right? And you enjoy the Cena/Orton matches, too, right? Kinda of like the Shinsuke/Tanahashi series.

Or am I misrepresenting?
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 11-13-2019 at 04:35 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    TNA's ratings were fine too--it was making money--until they went on a crazy spending spree trying to compete with WWE.

That's kind of going to be the big test, as AEW grows, they need to be careful to not make the same mistakes.
    To be fair Dixie would still be running TNA had her father not cut off spending from Panda Energy. The company grew tired of the spending the time Hogan/Bischoff came in. Its a shame TNA was forced into this position because Spike wanted "big names" . They wanted bigger ratings and that move sadly was one that they were pushed into doing.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post

I don't see it, but my bigger point, is that the WWE would try their hardest to keep him. I don't see him getting a better deal.

As a fan, I don't really have a must see fight for Kevin in AEW.

Actually, the guy I would most like to see in AEW is Matt Hardy. I think he would have far more creative freedom in AEW than the WWE.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    To be fair Dixie would still be running TNA had her father not cut off spending from Panda Energy. The company grew tired of the spending the time Hogan/Bischoff came in. Its a shame TNA was forced into this position because Spike wanted "big names" . They wanted bigger ratings and that move sadly was one that they were pushed into doing.
    It's not a crime to want bigger ratings as long as your network wants to invest in you to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    AEW as an entity is fully funded for the next five years or so, Dynamite has pretty much exceeded all of TNT's expectations, and it's other shows are, from what I understand, making money.

I would say that's fairly stable, especially when compared to the nascent days of say, TNA or RoH.
    They're paying as much the WWE for contracts in addition to providing benefits, while having an off season and working less dates. We'll see... they're spending a lot money. As long as they're making a lot of money that works just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

Too bad. Outside a pretty lame t-shirt, they used him pretty well.

But he got his 15 minutes of fame. We'll see how far he can ride that wave on the indy scene, provided WWE releases him from his contract.

It's not a crime to want bigger ratings as long as your network wants to invest in you to get them.
    It is when your not able to afford it. If Spike wanted "big names" then buy half the company and pay for them on your dime. Dixie should have spoken up sooner and said NO. They pushed the company into doing this and when the result was TNA was unable to afford said names a couple years later they wanted them gone because ratings didn't do boffo numbers.

Hopefully AEW learns the mistakes of this. If your a company and can't afford some talent , don't let the network force you into destroying your future. Dixie learned this too late.