Page 555 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 554555055455515525535545555565575585595656056551055 ... LastLast
Results 8,311 to 8,325 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    It's labeled as non-criminal ... so OD or suicide.

Either way, very sad. She was very, very young.

RIP.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Intermediary

yipes

I guess she was trying to get back in the ring recently, as I saw on social media

very sad

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    It's labeled as non-criminal ... so OD or suicide.

Either way, very sad. She was very, very young.

RIP.
    Torrie Wilson and Corey Graves implying suicide on Twitter

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    so why has he not been cruiserweight champion?
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    From a business perspective, I can understand the arguement of saying it's better TnA shut down rather than continue to survive while being millions of dollars in the red. That said from the perspective of the talent, the fans and the industry as a whole I'd argue them continuing to exist is the better option. TnA/Imact is alive today, putting out a descent product, and is showcasing a lot of solid talent. They likely could not have done that had they not taken the steps the needed to in order to survive. And I personally hope that's true for AEW.
    i was under the impression AEW is a business and not a charity for the talent, fans, and betterment of the industry as a whole. if the goal is to build talent for somebody else product to showcase years later by all means, pay to be on TV. hell pay the fans to watch while you're at it.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Both are fine talents. I give Drake the bigger upside because you can push him as a heel or face. Kross is just a heel. Both of their in ring work is equal in my untrained eye
    i actually give kross the edge in ring work. i feel he's a little more polished and versatile as he can also work a shoot style as well as a traditional american pro wrestling style. not that 1 needs to be able to work a shoot style but it's a + in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Fortunately she's good enough on a mic that she can probably transition into a supporting role without much trouble
    more like unfortunately if you ask me. people keep saying how great she is on the mic but i've seen WAAAAAAY more horrible talking segments from her than i've seen great promos. i don't wish ill on the girl or anything but if she's not going to wrestle i'd gladly live the rest of my life without another "moment of bliss" on RAW.

as far as being a manager, drawing heat for yourself and getting heat on others is not the same so i don't think it's a safe assumption she's going to be a good manager.

Astonishing Member

september 27 2015 world hall kobe part 2
    match 1 KUSHIDA and alex shelley (the time splitters) vs rREDragon as they defend thge iwgp jr heavyweight tag team championships
    match 2
    bad luck fale challenges hiroshi tanahashi (the one of a kind talent) as he defends his right to face the champion at wrestle kingdom 10

if there is one thing I like about watching NJPW on AXS TV is mainly 2 matches per episode/hour
    Last edited by steve2275; 05-17-2019 at 02:32 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i was under the impression AEW is a business and not a charity for the talent, fans, and betterment of the industry as a whole. if the goal is to build talent for somebody else product to showcase years later by all means, pay to be on TV. hell pay the fans to watch while you're at it.

i actually give kross the edge in ring work. i feel he's a little more polished and versatile as he can also work a shoot style as well as a traditional american pro wrestling style. not that 1 needs to be able to work a shoot style but it's a + in my book.

more like unfortunately if you ask me. people keep saying how great she is on the mic but i've seen WAAAAAAY more horrible talking segments from her than i've seen great promos. i don't wish ill on the girl or anything but if she's not going to wrestle i'd gladly live the rest of my life without another "moment of bliss" on RAW.

as far as being a manager, drawing heat for yourself and getting heat on others is not the same so i don't think it's a safe assumption she's going to be a good manager.
    Sure it's a business. And IF they are unable to make a profit and fold, that's understandable. But IF they are able to survive, then more power to them. Again, TnA/Impact paid get on TV initially, managed to survive, and still exist today. Would they have been better off folding earlier? Not my decision to make since I don't own it. All I can say is on a personal level I'm glad they didn't, and I hope the same can be said for AEW.

Sure it's a business. And IF they are unable to make a profit and fold, that's understandable. But IF they are able to survive, then more power to them. Again, TnA/Impact paid get on TV initially, managed to survive, and still exist today. Would they have been better off folding earlier? Not my decision to make since I don't own it. All I can say is on a personal level I'm glad they didn't, and I hope the same can be said for AEW.
    sure they xist in name and i enjoy it but i doubt that's much comfort to the people who actually paid out their pockets for them to be on TV back then.

on a personal level i hope AEW pays me to watch their shows, but that's also probably not a good idea for them.

sure they xist in name and i enjoy it but i doubt that's much comfort to the people who actually paid out their pockets for them to be on TV back then.

on a personal level i hope AEW pays me to watch their shows, but that's also probably not a good idea for them.
    Honestly if the Khan family, or the Carter family for that matter, are or were doing this just for money then there are smarter more practical ways of spending your money than operating a wrestling business. You can make an arguement the only company capable of profitably doing that long term in the modern era is the WWE.

You probably should only get into the business in the first place if you have a genuine love for the business. And you probably should be prepared to be in the red... especially if you're planning on paying benefits, running a light schedule, and having an off season. But the Khans like the Carters can decide for themselves whether or not it's worth it. Our job is simply to watch it if it's worth our time. Again, I will simply say I HOPE AEW survives like TnA/Impact did. But if they can't then they can't.

Honestly if the Khan family, or the Carter family for that matter, are or were doing this just for money then there are smarter more practical ways of spending your money than operating a wrestling business. You can make an arguement the only company capable of profitably doing that long term in the modern era is the WWE.

You probably should only get into the business in the first place if you have a genuine love for the business. And you probably should be prepared to be in the red... especially if you're planning on paying benefits, running a light schedule, and having an off season. But the Khans like the Carters can decide for themselves whether or not it's worth it. Our job is simply to watch it if it's worth our time. Again, I will simply say I HOPE AEW survives like TnA/Impact did. But if they can't then they can't.
    well the carter's just got hustled, but i agree with what you're saying and only asked why somebody would pay a network to supply them with content said network needs, and if the answer is the love of the business i don't see any reason they shouldn't pay me to watch.

again, i will simply say i HOPE the check is in the mail.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 05-17-2019 at 06:11 AM.

well the carter's just got hustled, but i agree with what you're saying and only asked why somebody would pay a network to supply them with content said network needs, and if the answer is the love of the business i don't see any reason they shouldn't pay me to watch.

again, i will simply say i HOPE the check is in the mail.
    THe answer isn't JUST the love of the business.... that's the answer to why someone would get into the wrestling business in the first place since odds are against you.

The reason you might pay a network to air them is to get on the network. AEW needs millions because they're paying their talent millions, and you're only going to generate that kind of income from being on national TV. If they can't do that, then they would need to totally rethink the idea of having million dollar contracted talent and just run big shows every now and then.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I don't know why you continue to argue in favor of pay to air when that's not their deal with TNT. The details of their deal is that won't get any right fees from the network, however, they will split the ad revenue and Warner media is paying for the production. That's pretty good for a start up.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 05-17-2019 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't know why you continue to argue in favor of pay to air when that's not their deal with TNT. The details of their deal is that won't get any right fees from the network, however, they will split the ad revenue and TNT is paying for the production. That's pretty good for a start up.
    I'm not necessarilyin favor of them paying to air... I was simply arguing they should get the best deal they can. If that meant paying to air, then that's the so be it because that's the best they can do. But if they can do a better deal, then obviously that's better.

I was asked why they might pay a network to air on TV, and my answer was simple... to get on TV. Obviously if they can get a better deal than that they should... I never argued otherwise.
    Last edited by XPac; 05-17-2019 at 07:59 AM.

Extraordinary Member

So, I just realized they're putting Money in the Bank on at the same time as the GoT finale