Page 330 of 678 FirstFirst ... 230280320326327328329330331332333334340380430 ... LastLast
Results 4,936 to 4,950 of 10159

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Meltzer says Ambrose cut his promo short deliberately on RAW

http://www.pwmania.com/dean-ambrose-...ent-on-wwe-raw
    I wonder if that was officially a face turn. Maybe it doesn't even matter at this point.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    And in the process, they're undercutting a super-hot and popular angle because they* just cannot leave well enough alone.
    I can only speak for myself, but Becky playing a warmed over steve Austin with Steph didnt interest me in the slightest. I like Charlotte being in the match at Wrestlemania, even if her being aligned with Vince means she wont win.

In short, I find Becky very boring.

Ultimate Member

That's fine, opinions and all that. But her reactions for the last six months seem to indicate that that's a minority opinion. And if anything, people popping LESS since this whole thing started seems to indicate that it's not really working so far.

Anyway Ronda coming out on her social media page and bashing this decision is interesting. I mean obviously WWE doesn't want her playing a full-on heel (and I don't think that Ronda herself wants to either), but her logic would probably be:

-While she loathes Becky personally, she also wants this match to be as epic and successful as possible nonetheless and even she'll admit that Becky being in it makes it more so. So if anything, Vince his screwing over/undercutting the match for completely arbitrary and petty reasons.

-She wants Becky in the match, because she wants the chance to kick Becky's ass and prove that she's the best after Becky's been taunting her for months now. And by pulling Becky from the match, Vince is denying her that opportunity and she's not happy about that.

Amazing Member

That's fine, opinions and all that. But her reactions for the last six months seem to indicate that that's a minority opinion.
    Maybe. I will predict that by the time wrestlemania comes round, Becky will be like all the other internet flavour of the months (Renee Young etc) and not be anywhere near as over as some pepole make out she is now.

That's fine, opinions and all that. But her reactions for the last six months seem to indicate that that's a minority opinion. And if anything, people popping LESS since this whole thing started seems to indicate that it's not really working so far.

Anyway Ronda coming out on her social media page and bashing this decision is interesting. I mean obviously WWE doesn't want her playing a full-on heel (and I don't think that Ronda herself wants to either), but her logic would probably be:

-While she loathes Becky personally, she also wants this match to be as epic and successful as possible nonetheless and even she'll admit that Becky being in it makes it more so. So if anything, Vince his screwing over/undercutting the match for completely arbitrary and petty reasons.

-She wants Becky in the match, because she wants the chance to kick Becky's ass and prove that she's the best after Becky's been taunting her for months now. And by pulling Becky from the match, Vince is denying her that opportunity and she's not happy about that.
    Even if Ronda doesn't like Becky (for good reason, as Becky attacked her for no real reason prior to SUrvivor Series), she clearly respects her. And she definately wants the match. That was made clear when she pushed for Becky to apologize.

If/when it becomes a triple threat, it'll be interesting to see how Ronda responds to that. She might LIKE the idea to be able to get her hands on both of them, or it might be interpreted as a means of "screwing" Ronda since triple threats work against the champion because she doesn't need to be beaten to lose her belt and there's no championship advantage.

Either way, I think all the drama as a whole is a good thing.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AdventureBliss View Post
    Maybe. I will predict that by the time wrestlemania comes round, Becky will be like all the other internet flavour of the months (Renee Young etc) and not be anywhere near as over as some pepole make out she is now.
    It's been over half a year now and her popularity has only increased. People have been making this "flavor of the month" argument since Summerslam and it still hasn't even begun to happen.

BANNED

RIP Pedro Morales, first triple crown winner in WWF history.

And the first Latino WWE Champ

New column on my site dedicated to WWE
    Desperate Measures

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'm quickly losing interest in Becky's angle. If the main-event actually becomes a triple threat then I'm out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Even if Ronda doesn't like Becky (for good reason, as Becky attacked her for no real reason prior to SUrvivor Series), she clearly respects her. And she definately wants the match. That was made clear when she pushed for Becky to apologize.

If/when it becomes a triple threat, it'll be interesting to see how Ronda responds to that. She might LIKE the idea to be able to get her hands on both of them, or it might be interpreted as a means of "screwing" Ronda since triple threats work against the champion because she doesn't need to be beaten to lose her belt and there's no championship advantage.

Either way, I think all the drama as a whole is a good thing.
    It was called an invasion. The only one who made it personal was Rhonda when she screwed both Becky and Charlotte out of the Smackdown Women's Championship match at TLC. Vince even gave both Becky and Charlotte the go ahead to strike back. They could easily have screwed Ronda out of the Raw Women's Championship at any of her past defenses but they decided to take the title away from her themselves.

Ultimate Member

RIP Pedro Morales. The guy was MASSIVELY over as a babyface back in the day. He held the WWWF title for like three years straight and they didn't dare have him ever lose at MSG (or at least EXTREMELY rarely) because the fans would have rioted, he was THAT over.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    It was called an invasion. The only one who made it personal was Rhonda when she screwed both Becky and Charlotte out of the Smackdown Women's Championship match at TLC. Vince even gave both Becky and Charlotte the go ahead to strike back. They could easily have screwed Ronda out of the Raw Women's Championship at any of her past defenses but they decided to take the title away from her themselves.
    I understand it was an invasion, but the point of the matter is that Becky started it when she attacked Ronda without provocation. Ronda's actions at TLC were only in retaliation to what Becky and Charlotte did to her.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm quickly losing interest in Becky's angle. If the main-event actually becomes a triple threat then I'm out.
    Unless they have Charlotte and Becky face each other at Fastlane with the winner going on to face Ronda at Wrestlemania, it's going to be a triple threat. It was always written to be a triple threat ever since Becky got over on her Raw Invasion and removed from the Survivor Series match. I wouldn't be surprised if, prior to that, it was Charlotte who was going to face Ronda at Wrestlemania. Vince doesn't want to write Ronda as a heel. So he's doing all he can to keep that intact.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I understand it was an invasion, but the point of the matter is that Becky started it when she attacked Ronda without provocation. Ronda's actions at TLC were only in retaliation to what Becky and Charlotte did to her.
    There didn't need to be any provocation other than the Smackdown Women's division showing dominance over Raw's Women division before they clashed at Survivor Series. Which included Ronda. Her costing both Becky and Charlotte the title was personal.
    Last edited by Angelo2113; 02-12-2019 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    Unless they have Charlotte and Becky face each other at Fastlane with the winner going on to face Ronda at Wrestlemania, it's going to be a triple threat. It was always written to be a triple threat ever since Becky got over on her Raw Invasion and removed from the Survivor Series match. I wouldn't be surprised if, prior to that, it was Charlotte who was going to face Ronda at Wrestlemania. Vince doesn't want to write Ronda as a heel. So he's doing all he can to keep that intact.

There didn't need to be any provocation other than the Smackdown Women's division showing dominance over Raw's Women division before they clashed at Survivor Series. Which included Ronda. Her costing both Becky and Charlotte the title was personal.
    I'd argue Ronda took Becky attacking her pretty darn personal. If you attack someone in wrestling, expect a recepit. If you don't want it happening, don't jumps somone.