Page 752 of 752 FirstFirst ... 252652702742748749750751752
Results 11,266 to 11,278 of 11278
  1. #11266
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    32,584

    Default

    after the chaos that erupted, GM regal says that damo and riddle will face off again. winner gets a shot at adam cole.

  2. #11267
    Astonishing Member BigLbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    3,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I honestly don't hate Corbin at all. He's a competent big man and i genuinely liked his lone wolf gimmick.

    What did Mike Kanellis do deserve what he's getting. Dragging Ricochet into that horror doesn't help either.

    Glad to see Rusev back.

    Give the Fiend the strap while he's still hot. And let him hold it until Wrestlemania where he drops it to Demon Balor.
    corbin is fine as a midcard heel, shit i'll go 1 further and even say he's a good midcard heel. the xcessive tv time and main event spots made him seem worse than he is.

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I think this is the only time I've found Mike Kanellis even mildly entertaining. I haven't seen his indy stuff so I can only judge him on what I've seen since he came to the WWE, but he comes off as fairly generic performer. If the ONLY think even remotely interesting about him is the fact that he's Maria's husband, then WWE might as well play to his strengths.
    or they could've just you know, released them and give the time/spot to somebody else.

    Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Mike Bennett actually had a personality in RoH, which is more than I can say for some of their past champions. But I like how they made him take his wife's name in WWE, since she has the history in WWE.
    kind of i guess. i mean his whole deal was pretty much he was a generic wwe type, which worked to get heat in an indy like RoH at the time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The AoP promo was really good. Since the WWE can do subtitled promos how about you do that with the Japanese talent?
    and the spanish speakers.

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I imagine IF Brock wins, he initially would be on tv a fair amount. The idea probably would be to help give Smackdown a high profile credible face when the show debuts on Fox.

    For what it's worth, I thought Brocks last title reign was fine. He showed up to tv regularly, and he ended up putting Rollins over clean in the end.
    and it really didn't mean much. timing is everything and wwe never seems to get it right with bork.

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'd pair AoP with someone who can act as a sort of mouth piece. I'd maybe pair them with Drew or Corbin. Make either of them come off as bigger players, while helping the AoP with the non wrestling elements of the show.
    lana(and russev)

    Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    If you went with Corbin, you could basically do a take off of JBLs Cabinet with AOP playing the Bashams and maybe Lacey in the Jillian Hall role of Lady Evans.
    is the cabinet something people actually want to see somebody else do a take off on?? i don't believe the cabinet is remembered all that fondly.

    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    now i want rusev and the AOP as the wrestling mob.
    me too, and it reminds me how much of a shame it is this never happened.


    i still can't figure out how they did NOTHING with alex kozlov.

  3. #11268
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    seattle washington
    Posts
    3,649

    Default

    yes indeed
    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i hope i'm not the only one seeing this AEW Commerical
    nope i saw it too
    https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1174405731128229888
    more #BritishRounds
    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    whoever said on twitter that charlotte had the best moonsault in the company is on crack. Io has the moonsault game on lock.
    Lacey Evans has a better moonsault than charlotte does
    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    now i want rusev and the AOP as the wrestling mob.
    and wrestle in their Suits
    Last edited by steve2275; Today at 03:52 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

  4. #11269
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,004

    Default

    Honestly, while I really like Candice, she shouldn't win it YET. She just lost clean and decisively to Io not even a month ago, so for her to turn around and beat Shayna so soon, nah the turnaround is too short. She needs built up more first.

    Congrats to Roderick for finally pulling it off.

    YEAH, DAKOTA'S BACK, WOOO!!!

    Xia Li needs to be on TV more.

  5. #11270
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    seattle washington
    Posts
    3,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Xia Li needs to be on TV more.
    yup yup mmmm hmmm!!!!
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

  6. #11271
    Mighty Member chamber-music's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,705

    Default

    Xia improves everytime I she shows up. I'm glad the botch didn't knock her confidence.

    I really want to see a Imperium vs Undisputed Era vs OC (with Balor) best of brands faction War Games.

    I liked Corbin as the 'Indy Killer' hating heel. He is actually solid on the mic (if you watched talking smack) when he doesn't have to shout the generic lame stuff the WWE writers room come up with.

    Mike Kanellis might of fit in with Undisputed Era back before he was used as a comedy heel. Perhaps Mike finally has enough and joins the OC or something.

    I enjoyed AoP as dominate heels on NXT but they were meh on the main roster. I feel like New Day or Usos could get some great matches out of AoP with the right booking.

  7. #11272
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    corbin is fine as a midcard heel, shit i'll go 1 further and even say he's a good midcard heel. the xcessive tv time and main event spots made him seem worse than he is.



    or they could've just you know, released them and give the time/spot to somebody else.



    kind of i guess. i mean his whole deal was pretty much he was a generic wwe type, which worked to get heat in an indy like RoH at the time.



    and the spanish speakers.



    and it really didn't mean much. timing is everything and wwe never seems to get it right with bork.



    lana(and russev)



    is the cabinet something people actually want to see somebody else do a take off on?? i don't believe the cabinet is remembered all that fondly.



    me too, and it reminds me how much of a shame it is this never happened.


    i still can't figure out how they did NOTHING with alex kozlov.
    WWE times Brocks loses to Rollins at Wrestlemania and Summerslam ... which theoretically are 2 of their biggest cards of the year. It made sense, and gave Rollins a couple big high profile wins. It's still solid use of Lesnar, all things considered. We'll see whether or not the same can be said for him and Kofi.

  8. #11273
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Xia improves everytime I she shows up. I'm glad the botch didn't knock her confidence.

    I really want to see a Imperium vs Undisputed Era vs OC (with Balor) best of brands faction War Games.

    I liked Corbin as the 'Indy Killer' hating heel. He is actually solid on the mic (if you watched talking smack) when he doesn't have to shout the generic lame stuff the WWE writers room come up with.

    Mike Kanellis might of fit in with Undisputed Era back before he was used as a comedy heel. Perhaps Mike finally has enough and joins the OC or something.

    I enjoyed AoP as dominate heels on NXT but they were meh on the main roster. I feel like New Day or Usos could get some great matches out of AoP with the right booking.
    War Games is close by, and with both the Undisputed Era and Imperium around we are getting a couple viable candidates for who might be competing in the cage. Though given how much gold the UA has, they might not want them competing in the cage unless they drop at least a few of the belts.

    I think part of the problem with AoP on the main roster is that they aren't quite the monsters they were in NXT. On NXT where a good portion of the roster are fairly small, they are very believable as monsters. But on the main roster, they're just not THAT big. Over 6 foot tall and around 300 pounds is BIG... but there are a descent number of people as big or bigger. Not saying they can't get over... but it's harder.

  9. #11274
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    War Games is close by, and with both the Undisputed Era and Imperium around we are getting a couple viable candidates for who might be competing in the cage. Though given how much gold the UA has, they might not want them competing in the cage unless they drop at least a few of the belts.

    I think part of the problem with AoP on the main roster is that they aren't quite the monsters they were in NXT. On NXT where a good portion of the roster are fairly small, they are very believable as monsters. But on the main roster, they're just not THAT big. Over 6 foot tall and around 300 pounds is BIG... but there are a descent number of people as big or bigger. Not saying they can't get over... but it's harder.
    AOP can't get over by just being big. They need to be a part of a storyline.

    Being the Knights of King Corbin gives them purpose.

    Being the enforcers for Eric Bishoff and his New Smackdown Order gives them purpose.

    Being protection for a heel Seth Rollins would give them purpose.

    Rusev and AOP is cool, but I have no faith in Vince pushing Rusev hard enough to make that work.

  10. #11275
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Honestly, while I really like Candice, she shouldn't win it YET. She just lost clean and decisively to Io not even a month ago, so for her to turn around and beat Shayna so soon, nah the turnaround is too short. She needs built up more first.
    I thought they were setting up Rhea Ripley as a top contender. So the Candice Swerve came out of nowhere for me. But she hasn't had a real feud with Shayna yet I guess.

  11. #11276
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I thought they were setting up Rhea Ripley as a top contender. So the Candice Swerve came out of nowhere for me. But she hasn't had a real feud with Shayna yet I guess.
    Candice is getting a shot on TV, but I think they might be saving Rhea for an actual PPV match.

  12. #11277
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    6,818

    Default

    I don't mind Candice getting the shot. At this point I'll accept anyone who can take the title off Shanya.

  13. #11278
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    AOP can't get over by just being big. They need to be a part of a storyline.

    Being the Knights of King Corbin gives them purpose.

    Being the enforcers for Eric Bishoff and his New Smackdown Order gives them purpose.

    Being protection for a heel Seth Rollins would give them purpose.

    Rusev and AOP is cool, but I have no faith in Vince pushing Rusev hard enough to make that work.
    I definately agree that they need to be more than just big to get over. I'm just saying it'll be a little harder on the main roster than it was in NXT for a variety of reasons... size beng one of them, but certainly not the ONLY issue.

    But again, I think a mouth piece will help. Be it a manager or being associated with another wrestler who can work the mic in some sort of stable, I think it'll help compensate for some of their short comings.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •