Page 686 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1865866366766826836846856866876886896906967367861186 ... LastLast
Results 10,276 to 10,290 of 19298

Blaze came back with Hogan on the deck??
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I doubt a rub from DX would have done anything for for Ricochet. Finn Balor got one in the Raw anniversary show and nothing came of it.

Extraordinary Member

So The Miz is gonna be interviewing Shawn Michaels on Smackdown

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    They should have had more of the Legends wrestle. I know Most of them are too old, but some of them can still go, and a tag match could have buoyed them up.

Have Drew or Joe wrestle Cena and get a Victory to build them up.

Have the Club do a 6 man against DX and Seth/whoever

Do a Battle Royale with the guys who can still take a bump over the Ropes.

Some thing beyond interruptions and cameos
    yes yes yes
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Ultimate Member

I actually really enjoyed Smackdown this week.

I'm loving the Kofi and Orton stuff. It feels very "real" given their history.

I'm liking that Nakamura is a competely evil heel.

I don't care about the Shane Mcmahon angle but Owens becoming a face is a nice touch.

I don't mind Ember turning heel too. She needs something to kickstart her character on the main roster.

Intermediary

RAW was trash

crap like that is exactly why fans cant move forward and wont accept new performers

Extraordinary Member

Sounds like we're getting Charlotte vs. Trish Stratus for Slam

Extraordinary Member

Also AEW's show is premiering October 2nd

G-1 2019 Standings

A Block

Leaders
    T1. Kazuchika Okada 8
    T1. KENTA 8

In the Hunt
    T2. Lance Archer 4
    T2. EVIL 4
    T2. Hiroshi Tanahashi 4
    T2. Kota Ibushi 4

2 Losses to Elimination
    T3. Bad Luck Fale 2
    T3. SANADA 2
    T3. Will Ospreay 2
    T3. Zack Sabre Jr. 2

B Block

Leader
    1. Jon Moxley 8

In The Hunt
    2. Juice Robinson 6

Longshots
    T3. Tomohiro Ishii 4
    T3. Tetsuya Naito 4
    T3. Shingo Takagi 4
    T3. Toru Yano 4
    T3. Taichi 4

2 Losses to Elimination
    T4. Hirooki Goto 2
    T4. Jay White 2
    T4. Jeff Cobb 2

If it were to end today:

KENTA vs. Okada

Winner of KENTA/Okada vs. Moxley
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    RAW was trash

crap like that is exactly why fans cant move forward and wont accept new performers
    It was fine. Not bad but not great. There were one or two funny moments like Alundra threatening to throw the 24/7 belt in the trash. Supposedly they had a lot more in-ring segments planned but none of the Legends could pass medical and get cleared. (And one who could, like RVD, was not cleared by Impact to perform)

Was totally expecting them to tease a divas vs. wrestlers angle with the women.

Fans will accept new performers. If Dean Ambrose/CM Punk made a shocking return the crowd would have popped louder than any legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Sounds like we're getting Charlotte vs. Trish Stratus for Slam
    In the least we know we'll get a hot crowd for the womans matches, with Nattie and Trish in them.

I wonder how they will book that. Obviously Trish doesn't need the win and on paper it makes sense to put over Flair, but Trish jobbing in Canada likely won't go over well with the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    It was fine. Not bad but not great. There were one or two funny moments like Alundra threatening to throw the 24/7 belt in the trash. Supposedly they had a lot more in-ring segments planned but none of the Legends could pass medical and get cleared. (And one who could, like RVD, was not cleared by Impact to perform)

Was totally expecting them to tease a divas vs. wrestlers angle with the women.

Fans will accept new performers. If Dean Ambrose/CM Punk made a shocking return the crowd would have popped louder than any legend.
    I think wrestling fans are just big on nostalgia. 20 years from now, when the reunion shows have guys like Miz and Seth, they'll get massive pops too. For a lot of wrestling fans, these guys are a part of their childhood.

I think the way wrestling works, things is almost always look better 20 years ago. Because you'll have forgotten all the bad stuff and just rememberd the good.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I wonder how they will book that. Obviously Trish doesn't need the win and on paper it makes sense to put over Flair, but Trish jobbing in Canada likely won't go over well with the crowd.
    Trish hasn't got the chance put anyone over since she's retired and this may be her chance. But Charlotte doesn't need to be put over and would suffer no harm in a loss to Trish. (Plus Natalya is obviously not winning so would they have both Canadians lose?)

Still, I think Charlotte wins and the win elevates her to the point she claims to be the "greatest of all time". It would be a way to give her something to gloat about and also keep her away from the title chase for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Trish hasn't got the chance put anyone over since she's retired and this may be her chance. But Charlotte doesn't need to be put over and would suffer no harm in a loss to Trish. (Plus Natalya is obviously not winning so would they have both Canadians lose?)

Still, I think Charlotte wins and the win elevates her to the point she claims to be the "greatest of all time". It would be a way to give her something to gloat about and also keep her away from the title chase for a bit.
    Yeah, that's why this is a sort of tricky (or easy depending on how you look at it) situation to book. Charlotte will be just fine taking the loss, and it makes the hometown crowd happy. BUT this is rare opportunity to have a legit legend give the rub to a present day super star... this is the womans equivalent of the Rock or Austin coming back to wrestle a KO or something like that. From a womans wrestling perspective this is a legit dream match

Since we're in Canada, I just hope we don't see any screwjobs once Charlotte starts busting out the submission moves