Page 637 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1375375876276336346356366376386396406416476877371137 ... LastLast
Results 9,541 to 9,555 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Apparently Fox wanted Heyman for Smackdown but Bischoff will do fine.

Vince has been getting pressure from the networks to do something so this is it
    If Fox wanted Heyman, I'm a little surprised given how much Fox was paying that they didn't get Heyman.

That said, I think in some ways Biscoff might actually be a better fit. I think as far as negotiating with networks and working with TV people (as opposed to just wrestling people), Bischoff might actually be the better candidate. Even though it's probably more than fair to say Heyman is the more capable of the two booking wise.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    He's WWE's champ. Osprey routinely takes shots at WWE, while Moxley painted a rather bleak picture of WWE. WWE needs their talent to speak out and shoot back. They can't keep lettting other talent and talent leaving to competition paint WWE's picture as this big bad suffocating corporate monster.
    They need to find a new mouthpiece then because Seth didn't do anything but make himself look like a brown-nosing, backstabbing douchebag.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    They need to find a new mouthpiece then because Seth didn't do anything but make himself look like a brown-nosing, backstabbing douchebag.
    He's the perfect mouth piece. Firstly because he's the companies champion, and secondly because he's close enough to the Ambrose situation to offer up an informed opinion of the situation.

I wouldn't necessarily put a whole lot of stock in say Zack Ryders or R Truths perspective of Ambroses situation, but Seth actually would be in a good position to know it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Apparently Fox wanted Heyman for Smackdown but Bischoff will do fine.

Vince has been getting pressure from the networks to do something so this is it
    This is pretty much what I thought. This is why I have hope for this. If the Networks hear that Paul and Eric are not being paid attention to, they are going to be knocking on Vince's door.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If Fox wanted Heyman, I'm a little surprised given how much Fox was paying that they didn't get Heyman.

That said, I think in some ways Biscoff might actually be a better fit. I think as far as negotiating with networks and working with TV people (as opposed to just wrestling people), Bischoff might actually be the better candidate. Even though it's probably more than fair to say Heyman is the more capable of the two booking wise.
    What I like is that Eric and Paul have two different visions of what a good wrestling show can be. Which means that Raw and Smackdown will feel different.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    This is pretty much what I thought. This is why I have hope for this. If the Networks hear that Paul and Eric are not being paid attention to, they are going to be knocking on Vince's door.
    I'm not sure how much, if any credit can or should go to Heyman... but for what it's worth I thought the booking of Stomping Ground and RAW were better than average. And Smackdown was pretty good too, though honestly I think Smackdown is usually pretty descent anyways.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

but they are a big bad suffocating corporate monster.

it's easy for someone like seth to say good **** about the company. he's on top.

We just need Tony Schiavone to get a job in WWE.
    If you ever attended a WWE house show, PPV or non-TV taping live event take this survey: https://forms.gle/vov5q3465p2GrJq68

Astonishing Member

He's the perfect mouth piece. Firstly because he's the companies champion, and secondly because he's close enough to the Ambrose situation to offer up an informed opinion of the situation.

I wouldn't necessarily put a whole lot of stock in say Zack Ryders or R Truths perspective of Ambroses situation, but Seth actually would be in a good position to know it.
    Majority opinion is he made himself look bad and the company he represent look like a billion dollar bully.

You've got a funny definition of 'perfect'.

Majority opinion is he made himself look bad and the company he represent look like a billion dollar bully.

the moment seth had to resort to throwing around paychecks was the moment he lost. baron jumping in didn't help.

i'm all for clapbacks. just make sure you have something to clap back with.

I'll say again, I think he's a perfect choice because he knows Ambrose well enough to offer an informed decision. Apart from Renee obviously, he's probably the most inside person you can ask. I don't base that on majority opinion but rather simple common sense. He's friends with the guy, so he would have an informed perspective.

Jon Moxley talks about Minoru Suzuki:

Moxley: I’ve always been a fan of NJPW. I loved their wrestlers and matches. When I was in Florida I was obsessed with watching Hiroshi Tanahashi and Minoru Suzuki. To me NJPW is pro-wrestling, and I knew I needed to be here.

–You mentioned Minoru Suzuki, and he actually tweeted that he would like to fight you…

Moxley: Interesting news to me. I would love nothing more than to share a ring with him. He snaps my arm, cool, it was an honor. I snap his, and I’ve snapped the arm of the great Minoru Suzuki. So either way it’s a good result for me and the fans. That idea, it’s just two dudes who… I feel I understand him. The pleasure he gets out of inflicting pain, and the pleasure he gets out of being in wars. I saw him at WrestleMania weekend live and in person at an independent show. It was a wild 20 minute brawl with sweat flying everywhere and I loved it. I’m a big fan of his.
    Maybe sometime this summer we can spend some time together and have him show me a few tricks of the trade to take with me back to America. I’ve got an open mind.

Exactly, plus he’s their champ. They don’t need PR guys telling people ‘hey no, WWE isn’t a hell hole that makes you sick for everyone’ or standing up against other promotion’s guys. They need their talent to do it, and the talent people know. And as the champ he’s their guy. It also sets an example to the locker room. How long was it that McIntyre also said something then. But I get it, WWE is inherently the bad guy to a lot wrestling die hards, and if I’m being honest it hasn’t been very good, so it might not win him points with every portion. But at the same time, WWE still needs their talent to speak out and against the competition and disgruntled former talent leaving to competition. Not that I don’t think Moxley was wrong for what he said. Hell even, I think Rollins just helped sell for Moxley, while at the same time he showed WWE that he’s their guy. In ways, it’s good business for both.

And do you know what, this is good for the industry if you ask me. The wrestling industry could use another war again.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-27-2019 at 08:47 PM.

Mighty Member

Keep thinking that Seth is at a much higher level than Will? Sure I'll keep thinging that. Who in their right minds wouldn't?
    INGOBERNABLES de INTER-WEB