Page 641 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1415415916316376386396406416426436446456516917411141 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,615 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Seth has more name value simply because he works for a bigger company. It's that simple. Will mostly wrestles in Japan and the UK. Unless you follow those scenes he will be an unknown to most WWE fans.

He doesn't need to main-event WrestleMania. You might not believe this but it possible for guys to be big names without being an ace of a company. Guys like Scott Hall, Curt Henning and Jake the Snake were big name stars of their time and they were never main-event guys. Hey, since they were never on the top of the card I guess their careers didn't amount to anything.
    Sure Seth is in a bigger company. But that's like saying the only reason Tom Hanks is a bigger actor than Jake Gyllanhaal is because he's in bigger movies. Seth is there for a reason. It's not accidental. If you get there and you stay there, it's because you're good enough to be.

That said, it IS possible arguably get to that level without being in the WWE. AJ Styles and Kenny Omega arguably did to SOME degree. But I wouldn't quite put Will at their level to be honest.

And I wouldn't say guys like Curt Henning careers didn't amount to anything. I just wouldn't put them on the same level as the top stars of their era. Not every wrestler, even really good ones, are going to be at the same level. That's just how it is. If everyone was a top guy, no one would be a top guy. Again, I'm not saying Will doesn't have a perfectly fine career for himself... I'm just disputing that he's on the same level as Seth. If we're all in agreement there, then cool. We're done.
    Last edited by XPac; 06-28-2019 at 07:51 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Sure Seth is in a bigger company. But that's like saying the only reason Tom Hanks is a bigger actor than Jake Gyllanhaal is because he's in bigger movies. Seth is there for a reason. It's not accidental. If you get there and you stay there, it's because you're good enough to be.

That said, it IS possible arguably get to that level without being in the WWE. AJ Styles and Kenny Omega arguably did to SOME degree. But I wouldn't quite put Will at their level to be honest.

And I wouldn't say guys like Curt Henning careers didn't amount to anything. I just wouldn't put them on the same level as the top stars of their era. Not every wrestler, even really good ones, are going to be at the same level. That's just how it is. If everyone was a top guy, no one would be a top guy. Again, I'm not saying Will doesn't have a perfectly fine career for himself... I'm just disputing that he's on the same level as Seth. If we're all in agreement there, then cool. We're done.
    Seth didn't stay there. He's just coming back to the main-event after spending three years at the midcard. Did you magically forget his IC title reigns? The endless feud with the Bar when tagged with Moxley? The angle with Jason Jordan? He got back to main-event eventually but he sure as hell didn't stay there.

During Henning time guys like Hogan, Warrior, Sergeant slaughter, Savage were the top guys. Then Nash, Sid, Bret, later on. I would take Henning over most of those guys.

Seth didn't stay there. He's just coming back to the main-event after spending three years at the midcard. Did you magically forget his IC title reigns? The endless feud with the Bar when tagged with Moxley? The angle with Jason Jordan? He got back to main-event eventually but he sure as hell didn't stay there.

During Henning time guys like Hogan, Warrior, Sergeant slaughter, Savage were the top guys. Then Nash, Sid, Bret, later on. I would take Henning over most of those guys.
    He was a main eventers even when he wasn't in the main event. All the shield blew up to the point where they were the companies top stars regardless of where they were in the card.

Roman is nowhere near the title, but he arguably still is the guy.

And I would take Henning over Hogan too ... but that doesn't mean I actually think Curt was on the same level as Hogan. 2 very different things.

Ultimate Member

The whole thing between Ospreay and Rollins is kind of funny.

Seth is a bigger star than Will (I don't think anyone is arguing this) but Will is just 26 and is much younger than Rollins.

He still has a lot of stuff to do and has actually done pretty well for himself at his age.

Ultimate Member

I doubt that Will gives a crap what Seth thinks of him. He's got it made right now and just moved to Japan full-time. Plus his GF is the top champion in arguably the most respected women's promotion in the world on top of it all.

The "WWE is the be all end all" narrative has never looked less true as it does now.

Astonishing Member

All of this talk of camels breaking backs and no Iron Sheik references, I'm disappointed

Saudi Arabia is one of the most corrupt government on Earth. They also find schools and charities worldwide. They are a huge global player for quite some time. It would be really hard not to have financial dealings with them, if you are a global organization.

I don't have a side in the Will vs Seth thing. If it gets Seth and Becky quite frankly back as natural heels, then I am happy.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    All of this talk of camels breaking backs and no Iron Sheik references, I'm disappointed

Saudi Arabia is one of the most corrupt government on Earth. They also find schools and charities worldwide. They are a huge global player for quite some time. It would be really hard not to have financial dealings with them, if you are a global organization.

I don't have a side in the Will vs Seth thing. If it gets Seth and Becky quite frankly back as natural heels, then I am happy.
    Honestly I'm not sure Seth is a natural heel. His heel self always seemed faker to me than face Seth. His heel laugh in particular was horrible.

But he can do either one well.

It's still ridiculous of Kenny to try to take the moral high ground with this issue. Considering that he didn't know about the Khans own deals with the Saudis there's other things he can be called out on.

Chris Jericho the biggest name star in their company worked the first WWE Saudi show. There's Kenny's own blunders like working with and booking a known child molester for the CEO show last year. His hands ain't clean.
    Kenny is an example of someone being triggered. I don't think Seth was triggered... I think he was intentionally baiting to get a reactoin. I don't even think Wil was triggered... I think he simply used the situation to his advantage same as Seth and both did their job as company men.

I think Kenny sort of lost it and vented online without any sort of filter (never a good idea for a celebrity to do), dragging politics into it (USUALLY not a good idea), end ended up saying something he probably regrets and wishes he could take back. Except it doesn't work that wag in the digitial age.

Not that I don't sort of see Kennys complaint... but he allowed himself to get dragged into a real toxic pit I'm sure he didn't want any part of.

HHH has been having meetings in Japan this week for the establishment of NXT Japan

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    HHH has been having meetings in Japan this week for the establishment of NXT Japan
    Ain't happening.
    INGOBERNABLES de INTER-WEB

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    Ain't happening.
    They've been talking about it for a year. Its going to happen and they even have a booker ready to handle it (Johnny Ace)

Mighty Member

Don't think Ace has any pull with the yakuza.
    INGOBERNABLES de INTER-WEB

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    It would be interesting what Japanesse fed they would work with if they set up shot there. I presume it would work a lot like NXT UK.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I don't see NXT Japan happening. Unless they align themselves with an existing promotion I don't see it getting off the ground. I can't imagine any of the Japanese promotions want to be under HHH boot.

I don't see NXT Japan happening. Unless they align themselves with an existing promotion I don't see it getting off the ground. I can't imagine any of the Japanese promotions want to be under HHH boot.
    My understanding is that NXT UK works with Progress (I've even heard some people say Progress owners basically run it), so I would assume that the other international NXT's would follow the same model and work with an existing company. Assuming there's a japanesse wrestling organization willing to work with WWE that is.

I doubt a larger japanesse organization would work with the WWE, but a mid to small sized one might benefit from the global exposure working with the WWE and being on their network would bring. Plus I'm sure WWE would outsource a lot of their existing japanesse talent here and there.