Page 890 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 390790840880886887888889890891892893894900940990 ... LastLast
Results 13,336 to 13,350 of 19298

I’m just here to say love that Danhausen.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Joey Mercury said that WWE continues to pay for his aftercare even though he doesn't work there.
    https://twitter.com/JOEYnRetrograde/...57676173897729

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Is roh really doing that badly?
    In a way I kind of feel bad for ROH. Well, not really... but things really started to fall apart for them in the last year or so. They help Cody and the Bucks with All In, and the next thing ya know all their top talent ends up leaving for Cody and the Bucks new promotion.

Which isn't to say a lot of their wounds aren't self inflicted, as they seem to have had a string of bad PR moves too. This thing with their womans champ only being the most recent.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    In a way I kind of feel bad for ROH. Well, not really... but things really started to fall apart for them in the last year or so. They help Cody and the Bucks with All In, and the next thing ya know all their top talent ends up leaving for Cody and the Bucks new promotion.

Which isn't to say a lot of their wounds aren't self inflicted, as they seem to have had a string of bad PR moves too. This thing with their womans champ only being the most recent.
    Talent comes and goes. Cody and his buddies leaving doesn't even begin to justify things like screwing up their once-in-a-lifetime chance at MSG, souring their relationship with NJPW, or their horrid treatment of their other talent.
    Last edited by wjowski; 11-22-2019 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Joey Mercury said that WWE continues to pay for his aftercare even though he doesn't work there.
    https://twitter.com/JOEYnRetrograde/...57676173897729
    For every story like this, I feel there’s ten more about the way talent is exploited there.

I had been a WWE fan for 30 odd years until recently. I can’t in good conscience support them. It is sad because I respect so much of the talent, but the organization itself repulses me.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Talent comes and goes. Cody and his buddies leaving doesn't even begin to justify things like screwing up their once-in-a-lifetime chance at MSG, souring their relationship with NJPW, or their horrid treatment of their other talent.

Yup! I think it’s important to believe ACH’s words about them as well. Let’s look at Sinclair, who’s a notoriously right wing outlet. Makes sense that they’re probably some racists
    Last edited by Hulkverine; 11-22-2019 at 09:17 AM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

There was an article I posted weeks ago discussing the fact business has been down so bad in 2019 from live attendance to PPV numbers its scary. Like there was a cliff and ROH just went over ther side.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

RoH is making things worse

RoH is making things worse

Okay... in some ways it's not as bad as I thought.

It doesn't sound like they fired her, so much as they are choosing now to renew her contract when it's up. Still a lot of messed up stuff going on there... but they didn't actually fire her over it.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Okay... in some ways it's not as bad as I thought.

It doesn't sound like they fired her, so much as they are choosing now to renew her contract when it's up. Still a lot of messed up stuff going on there... but they didn't actually fire her over it.
    That's not what he's doing. Knowing the heat he caught for the firing he's going to let the contract expire instead of terminating it. He's trying to save face. Him criticizing her for breaching ethical standard is a load of BS.

Apparently they're entering Heyman territory.

Also, ROH already took the belt off Kelly, so no repeat of the Medusa situation.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 11-22-2019 at 11:35 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Apparently they're entering Heyman territory.

Also, ROH already took the belt off Kelly, so no repeat of the Medusa situation.
    U wouldn't say that. ECW was still selling out shows and doing good PPV buys. Business was booming when they went under.

U wouldn't say that. ECW was still selling out shows and doing good PPV buys. Business was booming when they went under.

It was booming so much Heyman didn’t pay people. Business was A-BOOMIN

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkverine View Post
    It was booming so much Heyman didn’t pay people. Business was A-BOOMIN

Dreamer , Credible and others have said that they were doing good business at live shows , merch and more. Credible claims at one show they did huge on merch sales and that for any other company that was great. Instead the big problems was Paul E. was a bad business man. There was talk Paul owed money in bad deals for lighting. That he was paying guys huge salaries he shouldn't have then.

ECW in 2000 business wise was doing way better business than ROH in 2019.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    She's really good, too.
    In the ring? Unless she's improved in the last year (the last time I saw her), I rolled my eyes when I heard AEW was interested because that's the last thing they need. (Another average in-ring competitor whose marginally over with the audience)