Page 1273 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 2737731173122312631269127012711272127312741275127612771283 ... LastLast
Results 19,081 to 19,095 of 19298
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I personally think FTR is the best team in wrestling. I can't think of another team that's mastered tag wrestling like they have.

I thought the match with Butcher and Blade was the best match those guys had in AEW. Only FTR can get that out of a team like them.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Speaking of tag teams , in a surprise I never knew ...in the Pro Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame ....the Steiner Brothers aren't in it. Brian Lash (Cornette's co-host) brought up in a podcast discussing Rick Steiner that he would have voted the Steiner's in that since they aren't. Even Cornette was surprised .

This comes on the heels that Kenny Omega was voted into that. Which didn't please Jim but Lash was more respectful as he thinks it was too soon for Omega. That he needed to do more work in America and AEW before he gets that nod.

But yeah ...the Steiner's aren't in that. Just insane to think about and this was an impactful team back in late 80's/early 90's. They were one of the best of that era then.

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I personally think FTR is the best team in wrestling. I can't think of another team that's mastered tag wrestling like they have.

I thought the match with Butcher and Blade was the best match those guys had in AEW. Only FTR can get that out of a team like them.
    i have to ask what was better than average about that match because i definitely missed it.

also anybody know the contract status of joe doering??
    Last edited by BigLbo; 11-22-2020 at 07:15 AM.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

If Joe is showing up on Impact without any real fanfare, then he's probably on a pay-per-appearance deal.

Mighty Member

Good episode of "Smackdown" on 11/20. Minimal theatrics, and at least some of what was there at least highlighted what is good in wrestling.

New Day's opening was a welcome surprise, and led in to a good 4-way tag match. The worst parts were more a question of some wrestlers being outshone by others than anything else.

The Streets Prophets almost make me less unhappy about Lucha House Party going away.

As for Smackdown's resident Luchadore family...that angle continues. (I know that it is wrong to say this, but the angle is ruining matches that I might like.)

And, it looks like Rollins is staying heel. I really thought that WWE would be flipping him face before his kid is born. I have no real preference, but I was expecting it.

If only WWE could have given Sasha Banks the same treatment, rather than flipping her to face. For a moment, a glorious moment, Sasha was a bad guy while taunting Asuka. Then, she was clobbered from behind by a homunculus that seems to exist in twisted mockery of all that Sasha once was.

I am liking the Roman/Uso stuff much more than I want to, which mirrors my general thinking about WWE of late.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Astonishing Member

New Day vs. Street Prophets was an A+.

Sasha vs. Asuka also very good.

I admit I laughed at the end of the Women's Survivor Series match. It was clever.

Ultimate Member

The Men’s Match was, whatever. I’m just not a fan of “clean sweeps” in SS matches in general TBF.

Street Profits vs. New Day and Sami vs. Lashley were both really fun.

Sasha vs. Asuka was awesome. They’re both so great.

Bianca, Liv, and Peyton were the highlights of the women’s SS match.

Drew vs. Roman was badass. They had their rolls mixed up in the past. Face Drew vs. Heel Roman is SO MUCH cooler.

Incredible Member

now that drew is over , i suppose the next challenger for reigns will be daniel bryan followed by a buildup to the rock at mania. smackdown has hardly any credible challenger to reigns , they need to build stars up quickly.

Extraordinary Member

I wouldn't be surprised if they did Reigns vs Misterio

Ultimate Member

Or Reigns vs. Bryan.

Or Reigns vs. KO.

Incredible Member

they will need to build ko up to be a credible challenger , ko can't even defeat a minion of reigns, how to challenge. at least bryan got back his loss so i should imagine he'll be served up to reigns next. lack of credible challengers will hurt the brand in the long run. big e supposely will be pushed but right now, not in the same ballpark.

raw is different , drew will likely feud with sheamus next , still have keith lee , strowman , orton , fiend and even styles and lashley can easily step up.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

They can feed Reigns Mysterio while challengers get built up for them. They can connect their recent family angles to bring them into conflict.

Incredible Member

rey is boring , he should just retire by now. jey vs rey with aliiyah on a pole match.lol

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    they will need to build ko up to be a credible challenger , ko can't even defeat a minion of reigns, how to challenge. at least bryan got back his loss so i should imagine he'll be served up to reigns next. lack of credible challengers will hurt the brand in the long run. big e supposely will be pushed but right now, not in the same ballpark.
    I got the impression that Reigns (and Jey) are going to get revenge at the entire remaining Smackdown team (other than Rollins) for "failing" to beat RAW.

I know this is an old argument, but I hate the idea of Survivor Series as a glorified Raw vs. Smackdown All-Star Game, with contrived rivalries that will be forgotten within two weeks. I would rather see classic Survivor Series matches that are the culmination of one or two feuds.
    Watching television is not an activity.