Page 982 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 48288293297297897998098198298398498598699210321082 ... LastLast
Results 14,716 to 14,730 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Hager was like a big deal for maybe a week... then they essentially did nothing with him, and he ended up a fairly generic big guy. Which is kind of a shame because I've always been a fan of Swagger. AEW wasted Hager just like the WWE did, only they didn't waste any time doing it. But he's likely getting a fat pay check for doing next to nothing, so I'm betting he's happy.

I'd probably say Spears is a big bigger than he was in the WWE, though that's not saying much since he was always used as an undercard guy, even in NXT.

Overall, I'm not terribly impressed with AEW's ability to make new stars. They're using guys who are already stars (mostly the ex WWE guys like Jericho, Moxley, and Cody) better than they were used in the WWE. But they're only doing a so-so job making new stars IM0.
    I put MJF and Darby in the new Star category. I guess Jurassic Express. That's about it. But it's hard to judge since they never been on any major stage before.

Spears at least, had that Perfect 10 chant going before lack of use killed it.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I put MJF and Darby in the new Star category. I guess Jurassic Express. That's about it. But it's hard to judge since they never been on any major stage before.

Spears at least, had that Perfect 10 chant going before lack of use killed it.
    Yeah, I'll give them MJF and Darby actually. So given how new the AEW product is, that's actually not too bad.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Astonishing Member

Can I just say I hate Matt Riddle’s gimmick and don’t understand how this character is not a heel? I want to punch him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Can I just say I hate Matt Riddle’s gimmick and don’t understand how this character is not a heel? I want to punch him.
    I don't hate Riddle gimmick, but yeah he has a very punchable face

does every episode of AEW end with Jericho's crew beating someone down? I want to give AEW a chance but it has the feel of the end of WCW to it, when they didn't have the greatest roster.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Honestly if he signed with the WWE, they would probably offer him lots of money, a light schedule, and relative creative freedom too. He's probably get Brock Lesnar treatment.
    They will likely tell him this , then comically try to book him into ****. (see anyone else that returns that isn't Brock)

Yep. I don't Punk has any interest in AEW. He had an opportunity to go, and didn't it. Honestly, I just don't see the draw of going to AEW, if the WWE has an offer and a true direction for your character.

Is Hager or Spears really bigger than they were in WWE?Are they really getting used better? I just don't see it.
    Hagar is being used as big hired muscle type guy last I saw. It beat the end of his WWE run to be fair. Spears looks like a bland guy honestly. I really don't see what this final run aspect the WWE lays out for you. I mean they can snap their fingers at a moments notice and yank it. So I don't blame Punk for not believing the WWE.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    ...As what?
    An asshat.
    Punk was always like this. He made no secret of how he would handle himself. He wouldn't take bullshit from the backstage guys (Atlas trying to mock him once , as Punk questioned if he watched anything the last decade etc) and developed a stand for himself attitude. The company at one point punished him for this.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I wonder if it's even a gimmick.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    They will likely tell him this , then comically try to book him into ****. (see anyone else that returns that isn't Brock)

Hagar is being used as big hired muscle type guy last I saw. It beat the end of his WWE run to be fair. Spears looks like a bland guy honestly. I really don't see what this final run aspect the WWE lays out for you. I mean they can snap their fingers at a moments notice and yank it. So I don't blame Punk for not believing the WWE.

Punk was always like this. He made no secret of how he would handle himself. He wouldn't take bullshit from the backstage guys (Atlas trying to mock him once , as Punk questioned if he watched anything the last decade etc) and developed a stand for himself attitude. The company at one point punished him for this.
    Yeah, but the fact that he's not in AEW as we speak tells you he MIGHT believe in the WWE more than AEW at the moment. Working with Fox on a WWE show I think is an indicator of the direction he's at least considering.

Astonishing Member

An asshat.
    Punk being an ******* is by no means any kind of revelation.

And really if that's the worst anyone can say about him he's sterling by pro-wrestling standards.

Ultimate Member

NXT:

Shotzi winning was nice, she should have beaten Shayna though, I still believe that.

Lee vs. Dijakovic sounds cool.

Ciampa looked like a total badass here.

Dakota losing to Tegan already was the wrong move imo. It'd have made more sense to save that for a later match.

Pete Dunne is awesome.

AEW:

Pac is awesome. Moxley should bear Jericho for the belt, and then Pac beats him for it later on. He's too great not to be AEW Champion.

Still waiting to be impressed with Nyla.

Darby is so fun to watch. Between him, Sammy, MJF, Cody, Jungle Boy, etch, AEW should have some kind of midcard title for these guys to tear it up over.

Astonishing Member

I loved 99% of the PAC promo. Black and white works for him. Britt Baker on the other hand..... Wow. I guess you have to learn by doing.

I don't think I really felt a match on either show. A lot of matches suffered from " I NEED TO GET MY SH*T-ITIS".

The best moment on AEW last night was Adam Page having Matt Jackson hold his beer while he Buckshot Lariat that poor fool.

Astonishing Member

Yeah I'm not getting everyone's obsession with Britt Baker like, at all.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Yeah, but the fact that he's not in AEW as we speak tells you he MIGHT believe in the WWE more than AEW at the moment. Working with Fox on a WWE show I think is an indicator of the direction he's at least considering.
    He's doing the Fox show. Its basically him hosting a Fox tv show which he made sure the WWE had no hand in. Perhaps Punk doesn't want to work anymore in ring and is enjoying retirement really. Because honestly , his attitude towards WWE hasn't seemed to change the last few years.

I loved 99% of the PAC promo. Black and white works for him. Britt Baker on the other hand..... Wow. I guess you have to learn by doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Yeah I'm not getting everyone's obsession with Britt Baker like, at all.
    From Cornette and his co-host describing her match and sudden heel turn , its like AEW just threw it out there and gave her no real instructions on what to say as a heel in a promo. Which this promo beyond insulting Shiavone is not so good.

I did like that Jim Ross pulled the plug on the rest of this comically. A fact Cornette burst into laughing over , "Oh enough of this..."

This is a problem AEW is doing really. Why did Baker turn heel one week ? Its the whole Attitude Era type heel/face turns that are coming out. Baker should have had a slow heel turn to do this. Also help with delivering a better promo.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post

Dakota losing to Tegan already was the wrong move imo. It'd have made more sense to save that for a later match.
    I thought it was the wrong move to not save the match for a Takeover. If they wanted to have on TV the feud has enough heat to be the main-event of the show. Booking as a throwaway match was the wrong move.