Page 985 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 48588593597598198298398498598698798898999510351085 ... LastLast
Results 14,761 to 14,775 of 19298

This could be a sign that Vince is finally retiring and HHH and Steph are taking over and bringing in their own people

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    This could be a sign that Vince is finally retiring and HHH and Steph are taking over and bringing in their own people
    Some people think Vince fired those execs so he can hired them for the XFL.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I miss the old days when Vince would take those conference calls as he'd treat those investors like shit comically when answering questions and cutting them off. It shocks me he's stuck it out this long since going public and not tried to fully take it private again.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Incredible Member

from bianca belair batch when she first signed with wwe in 2016

out of all the females , only one was released. vanessa bourne still hanging there in nxt , bianca will no doubt join the rest - lacey and nikki on the main roster after mania. otis the only one to make it to the main roster from the guys.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I miss the old days when Vince would take those conference calls as he'd treat those investors like shit comically when answering questions and cutting them off. It shocks me he's stuck it out this long since going public and not tried to fully take it private again.
    With how the stock's set up WWE might as well still be a private company.

On further viewing it looks like a petty power move by Vince that's probably going to bite him in the ass.
    Last edited by wjowski; 01-31-2020 at 03:49 AM.

Astonishing Member
    Last edited by steve2275; 01-31-2020 at 04:24 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    With how the stock's set up WWE might as well still be a private company.

On further viewing it looks like a petty power move by Vince that's probably going to bite him in the ass.
    Perhaps the funniest memory I have was back in late 2000's as the company was doing stupid moves and Vince was ruining the ECW brand into the ground. So at a conference call deal someone asked what superstars the company had made that one year. Vince clearly having spent a year making no one claimed Test and Jim Ross was the stars made that year. Everyone did a WTF as he quickly jumped to someone else.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Astonishing Member

A lot of the investors were basically "fans" who asked silly questions or things about booking, etc. which you don't want to take on a financials conference call.

There's a lot more $$$$$ when he's gone public basically...

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    A lot of the investors were basically "fans" who asked silly questions or things about booking, etc. which you don't want to take on a financials conference call.

There's a lot more $$$$$ when he's gone public basically...
    If you don't want to answer these then don't go public really. Vince was trying to run things like a carnie as usual and when people would ask him questions about business he didn't know how to react. I admit the last decade has seen things go easier. (Vince likely was coached on these or someone else handles it given how terrible reports came out)

It gets worse for Vince , the stock went into a fall today (over 25% down at one point but closed 20%). As forecasts have said in this article , Vince is 2 months away from biggest event and things aren't looking good.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/31/media...eup/index.html

If you don't want to answer these then don't go public really. Vince was trying to run things like a carnie as usual and when people would ask him questions about business he didn't know how to react. I admit the last decade has seen things go easier. (Vince likely was coached on these or someone else handles it given how terrible reports came out)

It gets worse for Vince , the stock went into a fall today (over 25% down at one point but closed 20%). As forecasts have said in this article , Vince is 2 months away from biggest event and things aren't looking good.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/31/media...eup/index.html
    My broker said I made a good call getting out at it's second highest rate. He said it's a DOA investment now since they performed a hemorrhaged split of assets.

Vince is banking on the XFL making a billion out the gate.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    Read that on my lunch hour Thursday. Alestair Black was in early planning scheduled to win the rumble, then Reigns, before deciding last minute on McIntyre. Drew to get a major push in 2020.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

if the reports i've read are true, the reason why charlotte won are stupid.

according to sources, the reason why she won was to fullfill promises made to charlotte stemming from last year's WM main event. it was originally supposed to be charlotte/ronda to main event but becky rise to stardom was such that she was penned in near the last minute of the RR. apparently, shayna was supposed to win the rumble this year and go on to feud with becky at WM this year but charlotte used her pull to get the win and was reported to have said that she didn't want to get thrown out by shayna for some reason.

now the word i'm hearing is that charlotte was planned to go to NXT and challenge rhea for the NXT women's strap.

that's what i've heard. take it as you will.

Extraordinary Member

I heard the bit about Charlotte challenging Rhea, but not the other stuff.

I'll be happy if that does happy, since it'd get NXT on the big stage, and Charlotte v. Rhea is a fresh match

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    The only way Vince is giving up control of WWE is if he dies.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I heard the bit about Charlotte challenging Rhea, but not the other stuff.

I'll be happy if that does happy, since it'd get NXT on the big stage, and Charlotte v. Rhea is a fresh match
    nope
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player