Page 825 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 325725775815821822823824825826827828829835875925 ... LastLast
Results 12,361 to 12,375 of 19298
    Ultimate Member

The Cain thing also sucks, or at least some fans probably think so, because they threw away six months of building up Kofi, in SEVEN SECONDS, just do this Brock vs. Cain rematch, which is based off of an MMA fight that happened almost a decade ago. And they also write Kofi like he doesn't give a crap that he lost the WWE title.

People are burnt out on the full-time roster being jobbed out constantly for the sake of part- timers and "special attractions."

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I've seen some MMA guys not tap in a few Rizin fights. If they wanted for Darby to pass out to make him look strong I wouldn't mind but I'm not going to be upset to see any guy no matter the gimmick tap out.

It's possible to have an entertaining match that only lasts a few minutes. MJF got a good three minutes out of Brandon Cutler in the debut show. There are some guys that being destroyed is the best thing they can offer like the librarian which a god awful gimmick anyway and Stunt where being ragdoll'd around the ring is the only thing I would ever want to see from him.
    I’m not upset by it either, just saying which finish I think is better for that particular character.

There's nothing wrong with squash matches. AEW just had one this week with the LAX match. Squashes are a fine tool when you want to put someone over especially since the majority of AEW roster are complete unknowns to the mainstream wrestling audience.
    I think AEW would be more wise to cater to their core audience than worry the mythical mainstream audience WWE seems to book for. Also if you notice LAX squashed unsigned talent. And it’s not like the beaver boys aren’t a good team either, so they’re not just putting on good matches for the fuk of it.

It was a last minute change. I don't see how it would hurt the tournament by squashing Stunt since it wasn't suppose to be a participant to begin with.

Stunt being a threat to anyone is ridiculous. That's the whole damn issue with him. He can't believably fight anyone.
    Squashing them does nothing for anybody, especially the fans. If I pay to go watch a show I’d much rather see the lucha bros in a decent to good match than a squash. And honestly the size difference between stunt and Fenix is less than riho and Nyla. If they thought marko wasn’t good for anything more than a squash they were dumb to sign him.

I really don’t see the appeal in seeing 2 guys that have legitimately fought before have a prowrestling match. And I’m a fan of Cain in mma

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The Cain thing also sucks, or at least some fans probably think so, because they threw away six months of building up Kofi, in SEVEN SECONDS, just do this Brock vs. Cain rematch, which is based off of an MMA fight that happened almost a decade ago. And they also write Kofi like he doesn't give a crap that he lost the WWE title.

People are burnt out on the full-time roster being jobbed out constantly for the sake of part- timers and "special attractions."
    Last edited by BigLbo; 10-23-2019 at 06:19 AM.

Ultimate Member

Exactly.

I can't imagine people being excited for a Brock-Cain rematch because their first match was so long ago. The Kofi thing is really unfortunate because it basically buries his reign as champion and makes all his opponents look like chumps.

That being said, I have put some of the blame on Kofi here. He was put into the top spot and he SHOULD have put his foot regarding some of this booking like any other top guy. Him agreeing to dance and clap away like nothing happened is totally ridiculous and makes him look silly.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly.

I can't imagine people being excited for a Brock-Cain rematch because their first match was so long ago. The Kofi thing is really unfortunate because it basically buries his reign as champion and makes all his opponents look like chumps.

That being said, I have put some of the blame on Kofi here. He was put into the top spot and he SHOULD have put his foot regarding some of this booking like any other top guy. Him agreeing to dance and clap away like nothing happened is totally ridiculous and makes him look silly.
    I don't know if you saw the last episode of Smackdown, but Kofi did something really subtle. When ask about his loss, he did the whole positivity schtick but while he was saying that he was crushing a pancake in his hand like he was angry as hell. I think we might see some fire in happy go lucky Kofi.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    And yet wrestlers still join WWE knowing their roster's bloated as hell, and they'll have trouble getting used because of that. Yes WWE shouldn't sign every wrestler under the sun or refuse to let go of people they have no plans for, BUT... the roster's had way too many people on it for years so I'm always surprised when wrestlers sign with them, then when they're inevitably not used because of the too big roster, they complain about not being allowed to work. It takes 2 to tango, WWE shouldn't be hoarding talent, and wrestlers shouldn't be signing up to essentially be paid to sit in catering or at home.

This isn't specifically about Luke's situation btw, but when someone like Mike Kanellis joins the company, asks for his release because he's never used, resigns a new contract, then asks for his release again I have to ask what's wrong with some of these wrestlers.

What did they think was going to happen? Why did they even sign with the company in the 1st place if they care so much about wrestling often?
    Wow, it's rare when I hear people actually want wrestlers take responsibility for what they do when it comes to Vince.

Vince has 40+ year track record on how he does things. You got shows like Something to wrestle with,Taz, and so many others, that will tell you that dealing with Vince is a mixed bag.

Astonishing Member

Squashing them does nothing for anybody, especially the fans. If I pay to go watch a show I’d much rather see the lucha bros in a decent to good match than a squash.
    It depends! As a fan, I wanted to see Goldberg (and Ryback) squash people. I want to see the Fiend squash people.

I still want semi-realism on the card. Curtis Axel shouldn't be having too competitive a match with Seth Rollins. I've learned to get over it, but consistency in Indy feds used to bother me. Wrestler A would be in Fed A and B, and be on the lower end of the card in Fed A, but on the higher end of the card in Fed B. (And Fed B overall wasn't significantly stronger than Fed A)

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    I’m not upset by it either, just saying which finish I think is better for that particular character.

I think AEW would be more wise to cater to their core audience than worry the mythical mainstream audience WWE seems to book for. Also if you notice LAX squashed unsigned talent. And it’s not like the beaver boys aren’t a good team either, so they’re not just putting on good matches for the fuk of it.

Squashing them does nothing for anybody, especially the fans. If I pay to go watch a show I’d much rather see the lucha bros in a decent to good match than a squash. And honestly the size difference between stunt and Fenix is less than riho and Nyla. If they thought marko wasn’t good for anything more than a squash they were dumb to sign him.
    I'm not saying they need to chase the mainstream but squashes have a place even in a promotion like AEW. It's good to establish who your stars are. Giving guys quick decisive wins is a great way to do that. You know the librarian guy isn't going to set the world on fire so what's the harm of him getting killed in a 5 minute match?

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    And yet wrestlers still join WWE knowing their roster's bloated as hell, and they'll have trouble getting used because of that. Yes WWE shouldn't sign every wrestler under the sun or refuse to let go of people they have no plans for, BUT... the roster's had way too many people on it for years so I'm always surprised when wrestlers sign with them, then when they're inevitably not used because of the too big roster, they complain about not being allowed to work. It takes 2 to tango, WWE shouldn't be hoarding talent, and wrestlers shouldn't be signing up to essentially be paid to sit in catering or at home.

This isn't specifically about Luke's situation btw, but when someone like Mike Kanellis joins the company, asks for his release because he's never used, resigns a new contract, then asks for his release again I have to ask what's wrong with some of these wrestlers.

What did they think was going to happen? Why did they even sign with the company in the 1st place if they care so much about wrestling often?
    It's not THAT surprising. Being on the WWE gives you a level of national exposure that will likely make you more marketable on the indys when you leave. So even if it doesn't work out, you likely are going to be getting bigger pay offs in the indys.

Plus, if you're a wrestling fan growing up there's probably a bucket list of things you want to do which can only be done in the WWE. Wrestling at Wrestlemania, competing in the Rumble, playing yourself on a video game on your playstation, etc etc. If you're a wrestler doing it for the pay check you might not care about that stuff, but if you're a wrestling fan growing up it's probably stuff you dreamed about doing as a kid.

And of course, the money in a lot of cases might be better in the WWE (though there are plenty of indy guys who do just fine or better on their own).

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    It depends! As a fan, I wanted to see Goldberg (and Ryback) squash people. I want to see the Fiend squash people.

I still want semi-realism on the card. Curtis Axel shouldn't be having too competitive a match with Seth Rollins. I've learned to get over it, but consistency in Indy feds used to bother me. Wrestler A would be in Fed A and B, and be on the lower end of the card in Fed A, but on the higher end of the card in Fed B. (And Fed B overall wasn't significantly stronger than Fed A)
    Yeah, I do think it's fair to say with the right wrestler squashes do work.

I'm personally not a fan of them... but Goldberg proves you can build a monster very quickly and very effectively under the right circumstances. It's harder to do now, and it does come at a cost of squashing a bunch of other guys... but it can be worth it.

But Goldberg pushes are a very very extreme example of that. A top wrestler beating a mid-carder in 5 minutes from a booking standpoint can often make more sense than spending half an hour. It can make sense... even if I usually am not a fan of it.

Ultimate Member

Another problem is that most squashes are predictable as heck. Either the jobber is like half the guy's size, or such a joke that no one takes them seriously, etc.

I've never found that particularly impressive myself.

Another problem is that most squashes are predictable as heck. Either the jobber is like half the guy's size, or such a joke that no one takes them seriously, etc.

For monsters and big men though, think you almost HAVE to have squash matches to get them over to some degree. Because that's how it's always been done in wrestling, for a big man to not be able to squash oppoents at least some of the time at this point makes them less credible "monsters."

This doesn't apply to all wrestlers of course. A Seth Rollins or a Shawn Micheals can have longer matches and make opponents look good because that's how they get over in the first place. But someone like Braun Strauman sort of has to run over his fair share of wrestlers in order to really sell his dominance. If he's out there given even matches for 20 minutes every Monday Night, he goes from a monster to just another wrestler who happens to be tall.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The fun of squashes is seeing someone get steamrolled.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly.

Kofi spent the majority of his career in an era where you either had to eat Vince's **** to make your passion a viable occupation or waste away on the indies. I don't blame him at all. A lot of guys in WWE have yet to realize they have options now, I imagine.

Astonishing Member

As people have said, they are at least doing something with the Kofi storyline. Heel turn/character change coming.