Page 807 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 307707757797803804805806807808809810811817857907 ... LastLast
Results 12,091 to 12,105 of 19298
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    You left out Cornette's own almost universally reviled run in RoH.
    Cornette was VP of the HDNet show and co-booked with Delirious . He wasn't fully in charge of creative (thank the gods) and was over ruled on Steen as we saw. I do remember a shoot at the end where Cornette praised Delirious as one of the best young bookers he ever worked alongside.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Best thing Cornette did for RoH is getting it brought by Sinclair. RoH would be dead if he didn't make that deal happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    - There big name talent got poached but other promotions
    - delirious is still booking and he's just as bad as Cornette
    - there are no standouts on the current roster and is hugely bland. They made a guy like Matt Taven their champion for God sake.
    Delirious booked from 2010 to right now. The loss of talent has really hit ROH the last few years. Losing stars has led the company to try and build the home grown stars they have.

But its clear with AEW now catching fire , Impact now getting a boost with Anthem.....ROH is in a spot where Sinclair may wanna sell it to Anthem to get out of the business.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Delirious booked from 2010 to right now. The loss of talent has really hit ROH the last few years. Losing stars has led the company to try and build the home grown stars they have.

But its clear with AEW now catching fire , Impact now getting a boost with Anthem.....ROH is in a spot where Sinclair may wanna sell it to Anthem to get out of the business.
    I doubt that Sinclair will sell off RoH. They reason they brought it is so they have content on syndication for their TV stations. Unless they have something else to fill the void I don't see them selling.

Sinclair shopped to AEW for what it's worth but nobody was interested.

The only thing I see happening is RoH goes to WWE for the tape library for guys like Punk, Steen and Bryan.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

I support an Impact and ROH merger. Ring of honor still has a great name value. I feel like Impact still has a negative stigma.

Callus and Matthews are just far superior announcers to what ROH has. The overall Impact presentation is far superior. You bring in that ROH talent like Cobb, Bandido, the Briscoes and so on. That would just bring some energy to the product. Also it takes away one more competitor for talent.

AEW is going to come after talent in awhile. Moose, Jay Lethal, and Cobb would be high on their list.

Also NWA Power is the best new thing since Lucha Underground.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

despite having signed a new contact in june, mike kanellis has asked for his release.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    despite having signed a new contact in june, mike kanellis has asked for his release.
    After the way he's been booked... Well when he's actually been booked I don't really blame him.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

He had his chance in June. He should have left then.

Yeah I think Sinclair needs to sell the company out to Anthem , create a deal where they can air a syndicated 2 hour show with the purchase to fill the time slot and go from there. A reason I'm saying this is an article claims in 2019 business has went into the literal shitter for ROH.

https://fansided.com/2019/10/07/pro-...or-struggling/

- Live attendance is down 31% this year.

- After "Best in the World" did 3,500+ PPV Buys in June ...in September "Death before Dishonor has done ...800+ PPV buys. Its a drop that was over 71% .

- The ROH deal with New Japan is done as far as a working relationship goes.

There has to be serious questions on what happens with ROH moving forward into 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    After the way he's been booked... Well when he's actually been booked I don't really blame him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    He had his chance in June. He should have left then.

I can understand Mike Bennett's frustration and it seems like he got Vince'd. Which is a comical deal that happened in a way to Carlito back in 2010 when he finally got his release from WWE. I remember from what Bruce Prichard detailed Carlito wanted out and was physically wore out and felt his career was going nowhere. So he originally asked for his release from the company and later had a meeting with Vince McMahon. Where he changed his mind.

Which as Prichard joked is Vince can sell you on something and not really make things better. That many guys will walk out of meetings and within a week realize after a nice high of , hey he listened. Then realize nothing has changed. He said Varlito and others had this meeting with Vince and thought , oh hey ok this is great. Then realize how they got sold by Vince on something that didn't happen.

Carlito would months later get his release finally after he requested it again.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Yeah I think Sinclair needs to sell the company out to Anthem , create a deal where they can air a syndicated 2 hour show with the purchase to fill the time slot and go from there. A reason I'm saying this is an article claims in 2019 business has went into the literal shitter for ROH.

https://fansided.com/2019/10/07/pro-...or-struggling/

- Live attendance is down 31% this year.

- After "Best in the World" did 3,500+ PPV Buys in June ...in September "Death before Dishonor has done ...800+ PPV buys. Its a drop that was over 71% .

- The ROH deal with New Japan is done as far as a working relationship goes.

There has to be serious questions on what happens with ROH moving forward into 2020.
    Whatever happens I hope it doesn't involve WWE snatching up yet another tape library for it's nigh-monopoly on pro-wrestling's history.

Whatever happens I hope it doesn't involve WWE snatching up yet another tape library for it's nigh-monopoly on pro-wrestling's history.
    Its why I was hoping Anthem makes a move on it. They can use some of the talent and the syndication market Sinclair has .

I would prefer if WWE got the tape library because a lot of the guys on their current roster got rich histories with RoH.

Extraordinary Member

Tonight's 1st round of Drafts are

Seth Rollins to RAW
    Brock Lesnar to Smackdown
    Charlotte Flair to RAW
    The New Day to Smackdown
    Andrade and Zelina to RAW