Page 969 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 46986991995996596696796896997097197297397910191069 ... LastLast
Results 14,521 to 14,535 of 19298
    Extraordinary Member

Time for Mustache Mountain vs. DIY

Extraordinary Member

DIY win it

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    This is a a work of fiction. I don't give a crap when Black Widow beats the **** out of a hallway full of massive goons, why should I have a problem when a badass wrestler beats another guy one on one?
    The thing is Black Widow is faster and more skilled than the hallway of massive goons. If I believed that Rhea was faster and more skilled than say Chad Gable or Baron Corbin, I'd find it more believable. The problem being I honestly think think Rhea is faster or stronger or more skilled than Gable or COrbin ... I think they're vastly superior than her in all those categories. She's not going to out wrestle an olympic wrestler or outfight a two time golden gloves champion, at least in my estimation.

I can guy Shayna or Ronda as vastly more skilled than some of the male wrestlers, so they to some degree than get away with it. But Rheas ace in the whole is her size and strength... which doesn't help much against a Chad Gable or a Baron Corbin, who are bigger and stronger than her.

Extraordinary Member

Rhea retains

Main event time
    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The thing is Black Widow is faster and more skilled than the hallway of massive goons. If I believed that Rhea was faster and more skilled than say Chad Gable or Baron Corbin, I'd find it more believable. The problem being I honestly think think Rhea is faster or stronger or more skilled than Gable or COrbin ... I think they're vastly superior than her in all those categories. She's not going to out wrestle an olympic wrestler or outfight a two time golden gloves champion, at least in my estimation.

I can guy Shayna or Ronda as vastly more skilled than some of the male wrestlers, so they to some degree than get away with it. But Rheas ace in the whole is her size and strength... which doesn't help much against a Chad Gable or a Baron Corbin, who are bigger and stronger than her.
    I believe wholeheartedly that Ripley is more skilled than Corbin. Corbin is not booked like someone with a ton of skill. Gable, he's booked like a guy with skill, I'll grant that.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

wolfe is out of this match.

hope he's ok.

Astonishing Member

Rhea retains

Main event time

I believe wholeheartedly that Ripley is more skilled than Corbin. Corbin is not booked like someone with a ton of skill. Gable, he's booked like a guy with skill, I'll grant that.
    Corbin's a goon if I ever saw one, I could easily imagine someone like Becky getting the better of him.

Rhea retains

Main event time

Corbin is a regional two time golden gloves champion, so the guy can fight. Rhea isn't going to out power or out fight Corbin (which has been her big edge against most women she wrestlers). Can she out wrestle Corbine? Debatable, since neither is frankly known for it.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Corbin's a goon if I ever saw one, I could easily imagine someone like Becky getting the better of him.
    They actually were in a mixed tag together. Beckys team won the match... though you can argue Corbin actually got the better of her in the small exchange they had with each other.

Extraordinary Member

Corbin is a regional two time golden gloves champion, so the guy can fight. Rhea isn't going to out power or out fight Corbin (which has been her big edge against most women she wrestlers). Can she out wrestle Corbine? Debatable, since neither is frankly known for it.
    Corbin might have real world badass credentials, but he's certainly not booked like he has them.

They actually were in a mixed tag together. Beckys team won the match... though you can argue Corbin actually got the better of her in the small exchange they had with each other.
    I remember that, I found the idea of Corbin being tougher than her very dubious at the time

This is a a work of fiction. I don't give a crap when Black Widow beats the **** out of a hallway full of massive goons, why should I have a problem when a badass wrestler beats another guy one on one?
    I'm sorry but the "it's fake so who cares?" excuse doesn't work for me, it's a really slippery slope if you use that mentality. Like should Hornswoggle come back and beat Brock for the WWE Championship because "hey, it's not real who gives a ****?" Like XPac said you need SOME form of believability for the audience to invest in or everything falls apart.

Even with superheroes there needs to be some level of realism hence why Lex Luthor and Batman need Kryptonite to even stand a chance against Superman. No one would be ok with either of them just rocking up to Clark and whooping his ass sans Kryptonite because "it's a story about a superpowered alien, who cares?"

The biggest drawback to intergender wrestling imo is that most casual fans will be very uncomfortable with it, a man hitting a woman with his finisher like Randy RKOing Nia every one in a while are ok, but full matches where the man will be punching the woman in the face won't fly for most people.

Ultimate Member

Really, because from what I've seen casual fans have little problem with it. It's more hardcore fans online who make a big deal out of it.

Anyway as for World's Collide:

I hope Wolfe is ok.

WALTER is awesome.

Garza having such a short title reign is, disappointing. Unless they have bigger plans for him.

Toni has been losing a lot of big matches ever since she dropped the title. I wonder if there's an actual story being build here and it's going somewhere?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    I'm sorry but the "it's fake so who cares?" excuse doesn't work for me, it's a really slippery slope if you use that mentality. Like should Hornswoggle come back and beat Brock for the WWE Championship because "hey, it's not real who gives a ****?" Like XPac said you need SOME form of believability for the audience to invest in or everything falls apart.

Even with superheroes there needs to be some level of realism hence why Lex Luthor and Batman need Kryptonite to even stand a chance against Superman. No one would be ok with either of them just rocking up to Clark and whooping his ass sans Kryptonite because "it's a story about a superpowered alien, who cares?"

The biggest drawback to intergender wrestling imo is that most casual fans will be very uncomfortable with it, a man hitting a woman with his finisher like Randy RKOing Nia every one in a while are ok, but full matches where the man will be punching the woman in the face won't fly for most people.
    Hornswoggle is a comedy act. He's not built like a badass. Don't act like he's a comparable star.

Listen, a third of the moves these guys do in the ring would blatantly hurt them just as much if not more than their opponents. If I can buy that stuff, then I can buy someone bigger losing to some one stronger.

Furthermore we frequently see that the guys have, in kayfabe, flat out super human strength. I already know that the guys aren't limited by what is physically possible. Yeah, in real life height and weight are big factors in a fight but guess what? In real life even dudes as big as Braun Strowman can't flip Semi-Trucks with their bare hands.

It doesn't make any sense to hold the female characters to the standards of realism when the male characters aren't.

Hornswoggle is a comedy act. He's not built like a badass. Don't act like he's a comparable star.

Listen, a third of the moves these guys do in the ring would blatantly hurt them just as much if not more than their opponents. If I can buy that stuff, then I can buy someone bigger losing to some one stronger.

Furthermore we frequently see that the guys have, in kayfabe, flat out super human strength. I already know that the guys aren't limited by what is physically possible. Yeah, in real life height and weight are big factors in a fight but guess what? In real life even dudes as big as Braun Strowman can't flip Semi-Trucks with their bare hands.

It doesn't make any sense to hold the female characters to the standards of realism when the male characters aren't.
    Braun's superhuman feats aren't used in matches though if they were he'd literally never lose, if Braun can flip trucks and ambulances a wrestlers weight shouldn't hold him down to be able to pin him yet it has happened. The supernatural feats of Braun, Undertaker, Kane, etc are rarely used in actual matches, they're outliers used outside of matches. They'd probably be called PIS in the Rumbles forum for how infrequently they're used.

And even with big male wrestlers vs smaller male wrestlers they usually have to give the smaller guy a lot of help to make it more realistic to the audience. Why else would Rey Mysterio have needed a lead pipe and interference from his son at Survivor Series to help against Brock. Without those things it was portrayed as Brock being way too much for Rey to handle 1 on 1 with no weapons.

Same thing with Braun in most of his matches, Seth Rollins who is an average sized wrestler needed to hit him with about 500 finishers to just barely beat him. The only women in the roster who are booked to be anywhere near the men are Ronda, Becky, Charlotte, Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler. Even prime Chyna was booked as an underdog against people like Hardcore Holly and Chris Jericho who was a midcarder at the time. She needed outside help a lot of the time to just barely beat average to small sized midcard men. The likes of Stone Cold, The Rock, Undertaker and Triple H were presented as kayfabe far above her.
    Last edited by The True Detective; 01-26-2020 at 12:20 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Braun's superhuman feats aren't used in matches though if they were he'd literally never lose, if Braun can flip trucks and ambulances a wrestlers weight shouldn't hold him down to be able to pin him yet it has happened. The supernatural feats of Braun, Undertaker, Kane, etc are rarely used in actual matches, they're outliers used outside of matches. They'd probably be called PIS in the Rumbles forum for how infrequently they're used.

And even with big male wrestlers vs smaller male wrestlers they usually have to give the smaller guy a lot of help to make it more realistic to the audience. Why else would Rey Mysterio have needed a lead pipe and interference from his son at Survivor Series to help against Brock. Without those things it was portrayed as Brock being way too much for Rey to handle 1 on 1 with no weapons.

Same thing with Braun in most of his matches, Seth Rollins who is an average sized wrestler needed to hit him with about 500 finishers to just barely beat him. The only women in the roster who are booked to be anywhere near the men are Ronda, Becky, Charlotte, Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler. Even prime Chyna was booked as an underdog against people like Hardcore Holly and Chris Jericho who was a midcarder at the time. She needed outside help a lot of the time to just barely beat average to small sized midcard men. The likes of Stone Cold, The Rock, Undertaker and Triple H were presented as kayfabe far above her.
    Stone Cold, the Rock, Undertaker and Triple H were far above most of the male roster too. That's what being a main eventer is

Stone Cold, the Rock, Undertaker and Triple H were far above most of the male roster too. That's what being a main eventer is
    That's my point though, Chyna was so far above all the women, squashing them, no selling their offense, not taking them seriously at all, etc. so she was a main eventer in the women's division. Yet she was no match for main eventers in the men's division, it's obvious that WWE views men as kayfabe stronger than women since they booked female main eventers like Chyna as at best slightly below midcard guys and way below main event men.

If they did bring back intergender matches (unlikely because of sponsors) you'd likely see top women like Ronda, Becky and Charlotte, with great difficulty, being able to beat guys like Andrade, Humberto Carillo, Shorty G, and Mustafa Ali, smaller midcard guys. But routinely lose decisively to the upper midcard and main event men like AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, Drew McIntyre, Randy Orton, Seth Rollins, Braun and Roman Reigns.