Page 1272 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 2727721172122212621268126912701271127212731274127512761282 ... LastLast
Results 19,066 to 19,080 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    There has been rumors floating that they are considering running it as a 20 person gauntlet.
    That or we have a bunch of super convenient spots such that there are never more than 5-6 people in the ring at the same time. :P

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    WWE shouldn't get a cut because they've done nothing to earn it. Twitch, Cameo, etc, the talent are doing on their personal time and using their legal names. They are not in character when they do these things.
    Just because they use their legal name it doesnt mean they are not leaning on their WWE fame to get business. For the vast majority their selling point is "watch wrestler X but doing something other than wrestling". If they didnt have the fame built up from being a wrestler and the success they earned from their platform in WWE, no one would watch their twitch, cameo etc. So yes, in my opinion WWE does deserve a cut.

I love alexa Bliss for example, and there was something a while ago that said she was getting $300-$400 per cameo shout out, but do you think she's getting that without having been Alexa Bliss on WWE for a few years? Of course not. Same with New Day, Paige and everyone. Without the platform that being in a big wrestling company provides them, no one is watching them play videog games or dress up on all these social sites.

If the wrestlers dont like it then they should have read their contracts better.
    Last edited by SpiderTBliss; 11-19-2020 at 12:03 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    The Undertaker is this week's guest on Hot Ones.
    Wonder when he'll show up on the Mandalorian?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderTBliss View Post
    If they didnt have the fame built up from being a wrestler and the success they earned from their platform in WWE, no one would watch their twitch, cameo etc. So yes, in my opinion WWE does deserve a cut.
    So if I subscribe to AJ Styles on Twitch, who I knew long before he even set foot in a WWE ring, WWE still should get a cut of that?

Lets say you work two jobs. If tomorrow your boss from your first job tells you he wants a cut of your salary from your second job, you're OK with that? I mean, job 1 was a reference on your resume for job 2, so clearly it was them that got you that second job.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderTBliss View Post
    If the wrestlers dont like it then they should have read their contracts better.
    It wasn't in their contracts when they signed it.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    That or we have a bunch of super convenient spots such that there are never more than 5-6 people in the ring at the same time. :P
    I'd see that happening if they didn't just do that last year with Brock taking out everyone for half the Rumble.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Extraordinary Member

PWI's top ten tag teams, determined by events from Oct. 1st 2019-September 30th 2020

1. FTR
    2. Kenny Omega and Hangman Page
    3. The Golden Role Models
    4. The North
    5. Street Profits
    6. Gorillas of Destiny
    7. Lucha Bros
    8. New Day
    9. Kabuki Warriors
    10. Roppongi 3k

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    PWI's top ten tag teams, determined by events from Oct. 1st 2019-September 30th 2020

1. FTR
    2. Kenny Omega and Hangman Page
    3. The Golden Role Models
    4. The North
    5. Street Profits
    6. Gorillas of Destiny
    7. Lucha Bros
    8. New Day
    9. Kabuki Warriors
    10. Roppongi 3k
    I'd switch 7 & 8 and 2 & 10 but I agree with everyone on this list.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

I'd switch 7 & 8 and 2 & 10 but I agree with everyone on this list.
    I think Hangman and Omega's tag run was very good. Their bout with the Bucks back in February is probably tag match of the year

I think Hangman and Omega's tag run was very good. Their bout with the Bucks back in February is probably tag match of the year
    Roppongi 3k vs. El Phantasmo and Taiji Ishimori at WK 14 is better.

So was FTR vs. Omega & Page.

So was FTR vs. Butcher and Blade.

And pretty much any FTR match this year.

And that is not a diss on Omega and Page.

3K just had some awesome stories and matches.

BUT ... !

I would say IMHO, the tag scene was like this ...

FTR
    2 through 10 being pretty even.

I would say this was one of the better tag years in a long time. And the Bucks have lost a step.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 11-19-2020 at 11:47 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

BUT ... !

FTR

I would say this was one of the better tag years in a long time. And the Bucks have lost a step.
    I can't speak to the NJPW match, I didn't watch it, but I would put Omega and Hangman vs the Bucks over every FTR match. FTR's got the ring work down, but thus far they haven't had story quality. Mostv of their matches were just builds to a big match, which is obviously unfair to compare to big match. The two big matches FTR has had, their title win and title loss, didn't have the same quality in the story telling. FTR vs Hangman/Omega's impact was ultimately more about Omega and Hangman breaking up, For FTR, it was just enough step. And the storytelling for Bucks vs FTR was seriously botched by the aborted heel turn the Bucks did part way through.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    I guess the family like Atmosphere that they boast only applies to the wrestlers.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 11-20-2020 at 05:13 AM.

Fantastic Member

BUT ... !

FTR

Thr Bucks booked thrmselves into oblivion this year lol

I can't speak to the NJPW match, I didn't watch it, but I would put Omega and Hangman vs the Bucks over every FTR match. FTR's got the ring work down, but thus far they haven't had story quality. Mostv of their matches were just builds to a big match, which is obviously unfair to compare to big match. The two big matches FTR has had, their title win and title loss, didn't have the same quality in the story telling. FTR vs Hangman/Omega's impact was ultimately more about Omega and Hangman breaking up, For FTR, it was just enough step. And the storytelling for Bucks vs FTR was seriously botched by the aborted heel turn the Bucks did part way through.
    I'd put Bucks/FTR over Bucks/Omega and Page. Both were far from perfect matches, but from a storyline perspective I felt Bucks/FTR was better. As you said, Bucks/Omega nd Page was more about the tension between Omega and Page, where the Bucks were almost a non-factor. Meanwhile Bucks/FTR was about both teams stopping at nothing to put the other team away, with FTR going against their own motto and resorting to a high-flying move and it ultimately costing them the titles.

The heel turn in the build to it was dumb, but the match itself told a better story.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I'd put Bucks/FTR over Bucks/Omega and Page. Both were far from perfect matches, but from a storyline perspective I felt Bucks/FTR was better. As you said, Bucks/Omega nd Page was more about the tension between Omega and Page, where the Bucks were almost a non-factor. Meanwhile Bucks/FTR was about both teams stopping at nothing to put the other team away, with FTR going against their own motto and resorting to a high-flying move and it ultimately costing them the titles.

The heel turn in the build to it was dumb, but the match itself told a better story.
    I think this underscores my point better.

FTR could drag a good match out of anyone.

Omega/Page had great big matches but nothing really memorable past that.

Hence why I think #2-10 are pretty even IMHO but FTR was the top of the class. They could work a paper bag.

And the Bucks sucked this year. :P

I think this underscores my point better.

FTR could drag a good match out of anyone.

Omega/Page had great big matches but nothing really memorable past that.

Hence why I think #2-10 are pretty even IMHO but FTR was the top of the class. They could work a paper bag.

And the Bucks sucked this year. :P
    i've always held your opinion in high regard but i just don't see it with those guys.

i thought the match they had with butcher and blade proved the opposite, average team had an average match. actually a little disappointing for a debut. i just can't find anything interesting about them in a time when there are so many interesting teams out there.