Page 559 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 594595095495555565575585595605615625635696096591059 ... LastLast
Results 8,371 to 8,385 of 19298
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    According to another report, Pac was actually supposed to beat Page, but lose to Kenny later on. But Dragon Gate wasn't cool with this either because, well they've given him this unbeaten streak since his return and want him to look like a monster so that whomever does eventually beat him will be a new top guy. So letting that all get spoiled on another show, made no sense form their perspective.

Also AEW wants "wins and losses to matter," hence why they didn't want to do a DQ/screwy-finish (Pac's matches in places like Rev-Pro and OTT have tended to end in DQ's and/or time limit draws). AEW also didn't want to do the draw because they don't think that it would be received well by the fans.
    this one seems more likely. even if page loses, a good enough match with pac would've elevated his stock and given him more clout. a lot of guys in the BOSJ this year have been stepping up their game, even if they weren't always winning (sho, the octopus, rocky to name a few)

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    According to another report, Pac was actually supposed to beat Page, but lose to Kenny later on. But Dragon Gate wasn't cool with this either because, well they've given him this unbeaten streak since his return and want him to look like a monster so that whomever does eventually beat him will be a new top guy. So letting that all get spoiled on another show, made no sense form their perspective.

Also AEW wants "wins and losses to matter," hence why they didn't want to do a DQ/screwy-finish (Pac's matches in places like Rev-Pro and OTT have tended to end in DQ's and/or time limit draws). AEW also didn't want to do the draw because they don't think that it would be received well by the fans.
    I can understand Dragon Gates perspective on wanting their champ to stay strong, but obviously AEW shouldn't just have PAC beat everyone on their roster because of it.

Probably best to simply not use PAC until he drops the Dragon Gate belt if they're not okay with protected finishes.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

There's speculation that AEW will bring in Jon Moxley (Dean Ambrose) to put over Page.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    There's speculation that AEW will bring in Jon Moxley (Dean Ambrose) to put over Page.
    That's garbage. Sorry, I would much rather see a tournament and have the new champ crowned on the first episode of AEW on TNT.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    That's garbage. Sorry, I would much rather see a tournament and have the new champ crowned on the first episode of AEW on TNT.
    AEW only got three shows lined up for the time being. Double or Nothing next weekend, Fyter Fest next month and Fight for the Fallen in July. DoN is set in stone and they already announced three matches for Fyter Fest. It's too late to establish a tournament for the title.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    PAC/Page was announced at the AEW press conference as a title match.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

open with the confusing match of the usos vs. rowen/DB.

the usos win.

good opener. but it doesn't make rowen and DB look good as champs.

Extraordinary Member

Damn, it already started? I thought it was starting at 6

the women's MITB will open the show proper.

Extraordinary Member

Naomi rocking the Bumblebee look.

i think mella is legit hurt.

unless this is a work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Naomi rocking the Bumblebee look.
    WWE got teen titans on their roster now?

It's............bayley!!!!

Extraordinary Member

I liked that finish