Page 570 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 704705205605665675685695705715725735745806206701070 ... LastLast
Results 8,536 to 8,550 of 19298
    BANNED

Ultimate Member

-As a fan of the old Hardcore title, I actually like the idea of the 24/7 title, it could lead to some fun shenanigans at least. But WOW is that belt hideous, whomever designed that needs to be fired. This makes the Universal Title look like the Big Gold Belt by comparison. Also I wish that they'd come up with a better name for it. Also I hope that it's intergender as well. One of the fun things about the Hardcore title was that a woman would win it on occasion, plus seeing Asuka, or Nikki Cross, or Candice LeRae, etc win it sometimes would be fun.

-Heyman referencing Becky and Seth's romance was a nice touch, although if I was Seth I'd take "I'm dating Becky Lynch" as a matter of pride if anything.

-The IIconics lose another match, way to build up those tag belt's prestige there WWE.

-Becky vs Lacey is ok, but it's starting to get a little repetitive at this point. And if this is supposed to justify Becky losing the blowoff match of her feud with Charlotte, or not really getting to do much of anything as a dual champion, then it isn't working. Also Becky just coming out to trash talk a little bit instead of hunting down and destroying Lacey and being angry in general off, was really lame. Again WWE CLEARLY doesn't understand what made her character super-over to begin with. Her booking since the RR, and especially since Mania, has shown that. She's getting "generic WWE babyface booking" now.

-I have no clue WTF they're supposed to be doing with this Braun and Sami stuff. It seems like it's getting made up week by week.

-Never thought that I'd be tired of seeing Shane, but he's getting overexposed now.

-The Revival getting a win was nice though.

All in all, a pretty meh Raw.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    The new title is called the 24/7 Title. The Title is defended at any time, any place, any where.

EDIT: Apparently all defenses are Falls Count Anywhere

EDIT2: Title is brandless. Anyone, from RAW, Smackdown, NXT, or 205 live can get the Title. May also be intergender?

EDIT3: Titus O'Neil is the first champ. Robert Roode immediately pins him to win it off him
    I do like the idea of a title which is brandless. It could be fun seeing it pop up on NXT Takeovers or 205 live. Obviously it's not a serious title for serious contenders, but I think it potentially could be fun because of the potential mix of talent we see with it.

I do imagine the novelty of it will fade, similar to the old Hardcore belt, but in the short term at least I think the idea can be fun.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I do like the idea of a title which is brandless. It could be fun seeing it pop up on NXT Takeovers or 205 live. Obviously it's not a serious title for serious contenders, but I think it potentially could be fun because of the potential mix of talent we see with it.

I do imagine the novelty of it will fade, similar to the old Hardcore belt, but in the short term at least I think the idea can be fun.
    It's a comedic title that you can make serious depending on the competitor. I am happier to see this than the Hardcore title.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    It's a comedic title that you can make serious depending on the competitor. I am happier to see this than the Hardcore title.
    The Hardcore title was kinda fun too, for awhile. Seeing one of Godfather's Ho's win the title was pretty fun. But like with any joke, after a point it got stale.

I'm hoping they can avoid that with this title for as long as possible.

Ultimate Member

Then there was fun comedy stuff such as the belt changing hands while the champion was asleep, and The Headbangers chasing Crash Holly around an amusement park in Brooklyn (and him eventually escaping from a ball pit and running from the building to keep the title).

Or at WrestleMania X8, Maven defended the title against Goldust. After they knocked each other out with trash can lids, Spike Dudley entered and pinned Maven to win the title. Then, in the backstage area, The Hurricane pinned Spike for the title. Mighty Molly (The Hurricane's sidekick) told The Hurricane to go to the "Hurri-cycle" before knocking him out with a frying pan when his back was turned and pinning him. While looking for a safe place, Christian won the title by pinning Molly after hitting her in the head with a door. As he was about to leave the building in a taxi, he was attacked and pinned by Maven, who regained the title and escaped in the taxi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNXvCAwwhhY

For those who haven't seen it, this will never not be hilarious.
    Last edited by Punisher007; 05-21-2019 at 12:12 PM.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

it's just not the same for me. i would rather they focus on building back up the titles that need it than introduce a hardcore title that's not a hardcore title because the E can't do hardcore anymore.

Why not just bring back the hardcore championship?

Astonishing Member

Looking forward to that one week where the belt is defended on every WWE show that week.

Can we get an eight hour title chase/match.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Why not just bring back the hardcore championship?
    I don't think they want hardcore wrestling on a regular basis. If you see chair shots and people going through tables every week, it sort of stops being a big deal.

AJ has confirmed he plans to retire after his current wwe run

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    AJ has confirmed he plans to retire after his current wwe run
    Damn, how long does he have left?

About 3 years

Extraordinary Member

Ah, that's okay then

So no AJ in AEW?