Page 290 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 190240280286287288289290291292293294300340390790 ... LastLast
Results 4,336 to 4,350 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think the problem is Almas can't cut a promo prior to being paired with Vega. He only really got pushed in nxt when they got paired up.

Vega herself honestly might have a better chance of being their next big Latin star because she can work the mic.
    aj styles cut cut a promo, he still got to the top of the B-show and rollins can't cut a promo either and he's been to the top of the A-show. like those guys he can get over on his ring work if they allow him too, probably would work better as a face though.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    aj styles cut cut a promo, he still got to the top of the B-show and rollins can't cut a promo either and he's been to the top of the A-show. like those guys he can get over on his ring work if they allow him too, probably would work better as a face though.
    Neither AJ nor Seth are particularly great on the mic, but they're both more than functional. If Almas can get to that point as well, it won't necessarily be an issue. Rey was another example of a guy who wasn't great on the mic per say... but he could at least get the job done.

Almas IMO has a ways to go. And Vega might actually slow down his progress in that regard since he can technically just lean on her as a crutch. But its probably something he will want to work on especially now that he's starting to get a push.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Neither AJ nor Seth are particularly great on the mic, but they're both more than functional. If Almas can get to that point as well, it won't necessarily be an issue. Rey was another example of a guy who wasn't great on the mic per say... but he could at least get the job done.

Almas IMO has a ways to go. And Vega might actually slow down his progress in that regard since he can technically just lean on her as a crutch. But its probably something he will want to work on especially now that he's starting to get a push.
    Almas can't speak a word of English. If you want the guy to cut promos he needs Vega.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Almas can't speak a word of English. If you want the guy to cut promos he needs Vega.
    I'd HOPE after working in the WWE for this long, he'd have a bit of english down. It's not like Vega follows the guy around 24/7 in life.

But yeah... like I said he has a ways to go. Vega for now compensates for that short coming. And if nothing changes, then it may not matter. But if she gets over the the point where she's more than just his mouth piece, then down the line he might need to get by without her.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'd HOPE after working in the WWE for this long, he'd have a bit of english down. It's not like Vega follows the guy around 24/7 in life.

But yeah... like I said he has a ways to go. Vega for now compensates for that short coming. And if nothing changes, then it may not matter. But if she gets over the the point where she's more than just his mouth piece, then down the line he might need to get by without her.
    Some guys can't work without a manager though. You think Brock would be where he's at if he didn't have Heyman? Brock is a guy you can't trust with a mic.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Some guys can't work without a manager though. You think Brock would be where he's at if he didn't have Heyman? Brock is a guy you can't trust with a mic.
    Initially Brock did need a mouth piece. However, to his credit Brock was able to function well enough without Heyman one they parted ways. Not that he was great or even good, but he could get by. And I think in a perfect world, Almas needs to try and at least get to that point.

The revival has returned to work and did house shows this week

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    The revival has returned to work and did house shows this week
    Assuming the story is accurate, at least they're not pulling a Neville.

Assuming the story is accurate, at least they're not pulling a Neville.
    The story goes that HHH has been talking to them to work things out

BANNED

All In and AEW got him over though. He's become arguably the biggest internet wrestling darling.
    History has shwon, again and again, that being the internet flavour of the month means nothing in the real world.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AdventureBliss View Post
    History has shwon, again and again, that being the internet flavour of the month means nothing in the real world.
    I can prove this wrong with two words. Daniel Bryan.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Bryan has proven he's more than just the flavor of the month though. As an in-ring worker and as a sports entertainer, he's gotten to the top and stayed there.

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    The exception that proves the rule.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Daniel Bryan has had an almost continuous push for just about the entire time he's been an active wrestler in the WWE with a couple of lulls thrown in. I couldn't think of a *worse* example for "internet flavor of the month."

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Daniel Bryan has had an almost continuous push for just about the entire time he's been an active wrestler in the WWE with a couple of lulls thrown in. I couldn't think of a *worse* example for "internet flavor of the month."
    The interesting thing about Bryan is that initially he wasn't that good on the mic, and didn't particularly have a great look. But WWE still pushed him right out of the gate. THey didn't push him in a conventional sense... it was almost an anti-push in a way since Cole pretty much buried him every chance he got. But that put a spotlight on a guy who 90% of the audience probably wasn't familiar with. And I think that actually helped him get over more.